CX, EX, K, S, Oladra, Antipodes, Owners Unite
May 16, 2024 at 5:07 PM Post #2,462 of 2,467
The PhoenixNET will make gains from a K50 even more profound. But it will do that as well for your K21, but it can't undo all the harm that your current server does to the music.
Probably not.
The harm may be less than my current setup.
[Hoping for]... a noticeable improvement.

Edit:
I'm not sure what I was meaning. Sounds a bit dismissive; not the intention.
That's better. Remove the first statement.

Last edited:
May 16, 2024 at 5:08 PM Post #2,463 of 2,467
The PhoenixNET will make gains from a K50 even more profound. But it will do that as well for your K21, but it can't undo all the harm that your current server does to the music.

I have a Paul Pang Audio OCXO Quad Switch that has a five rail linear power supply. I’ve tried others over the years and to me this sounds the best in my system.

May 16, 2024 at 5:17 PM Post #2,464 of 2,467
And reading through the review of the Oladra, it seems to take the same path as what I said originally earlier today about what happens when you go up the chain. Some people might take that review as an upgrade, I would take it as a disappointment. Of course that’s based on my own musical taste, the music you listen to, and your associated equipment.

May 16, 2024 at 6:12 PM Post #2,465 of 2,467
I have a Paul Pang Audio OCXO Quad Switch that has a five rail linear power supply. I’ve tried others over the years and to me this sounds the best in my system.
He was one of the first to introduce an audiophile switch. I actually owned his first one for a while. Very subtle improvement but I used the stock SMPS. His subsequent switches apparently got a lot better.

May 16, 2024 at 6:22 PM Post #2,466 of 2,467
Some people might take that review as an upgrade, I would take it as a disappointment. Of course that’s based on my own musical taste, the music you listen to, and your associated equipment.
It's been my impression that reviewers hold flagship products to a higher standard than more affordable models. It's pretty natural to do that as we expect near perfection for the top-of-the-line model.

The G4 upgrade for a K50 G2 brought one of the most significant improvements that I've heard in my many decades in this hobby. The Oladra must be very special for it to improve on that.

May 17, 2024 at 6:16 AM Post #2,467 of 2,467
I’m still using roon, new update alright. Use with Phoenix usb, happy camper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back