Dan Clark Audio Stealth Review, Interview, Measurements
Apr 16, 2024 at 2:10 PM Post #5,986 of 6,000
DCA has always been very tight-lipped about future releases, but at some future date they will surely introduce a successor to the Stealth. They typically introduce new models either before a big (NYC/LA) CanJam, or just in time for holiday shopping. FWIW.
I'd expect a mid priced open back next.
E3 price but open.

Or an Ether 3 as in round shaped planar headphone like Corina/Ether2 but with AMTS

Apr 17, 2024 at 12:21 PM Post #5,989 of 6,000
If we are speculating, I expect a sub $1,000 model next.
My brother is starting out in the Hobby, currently with a Meze 109 Pro.

A sub 1k DCA might be interesting for him 🤔

Apr 18, 2024 at 5:44 AM Post #5,991 of 6,000
My brother is starting out in the Hobby
NNnnnoooooo!! How can you do this to him!
1713433414064.png

Apr 19, 2024 at 5:00 PM Post #5,992 of 6,000
Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Apr 19, 2024 at 5:26 PM Post #5,993 of 6,000
Last edited:
Apr 19, 2024 at 6:57 PM Post #5,994 of 6,000
Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
May 4, 2024 at 3:46 AM Post #5,995 of 6,000
My brother is starting out in the Hobby, currently with a Meze 109 Pro.

A sub 1k DCA might be interesting for him 🤔
This hobby is perfect for a "pious" life. not because it stimulates your virtues, but because so little money is left for any other thing that you are forced to forgo other temptations and it's really hard to argue one could land in hell by listening to music.

May 4, 2024 at 4:33 AM Post #5,996 of 6,000
This hobby is perfect for a "pious" life. not because it stimulates your virtues, but because so little money is left for any other thing that you are forced to forgo other temptations and it's really hard to argue one could land in hell by listening to music.
Those are some deep thoughts. I need to dwell on that for a little🤔

May 18, 2024 at 7:09 AM Post #5,998 of 6,000
I’ve had a rather different experience than most here in changing pads on the Stealth. I feel like there is a slight drop in clarity with the new pads. I’d love to get a new unadulterated set just to compare.

I found it quite tough to remove the original pads.

May 18, 2024 at 7:28 AM Post #5,999 of 6,000
I’ve had a rather different experience than most here in changing pads on the Stealth. I feel like there is a slight drop in clarity with the new pads. I’d love to get a new unadulterated set just to compare.

I found it quite tough to remove the original pads.
Could be that the pads need some breaking in? Especially if you don't use the clamp force screws I imagine the fit of fresh pads will be different than worn pads that have shaped themselves after your head.

On a pad sidenote: I improperly applied mine and now the right pads have become loose off the headphones at the bottom, a bit sad. Anyone knows what kind of glue I could buy that's similar to the original pad glue?

May 18, 2024 at 2:01 PM Post #6,000 of 6,000
Pads didn't come off easily. I watched the DCA video and used a stiff credit card to wedge around the edge to pry them off. A bit of a tug and you won't damage anything doing that. After that I used a bit of rubbing alcohol to remove any excess sticky stuff which truthfully I could have skipped. From there just pull the backing paper from new and use top edge to orient THEN press in. First one went on perfectly, second I had to re-orient.
As for sound no clue if it's different. Sounds the same to me. As someon Plumpudding suggested maybe a bit of break-in. I was really surprised how much the old ones were just plain mooshy. Plus they'd picked up body oil etc (gross).
Side bonus the look brand new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back