Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player
Mar 15, 2024 at 9:54 AM Post #2,313 of 2,323
Ok.... it could be a good new if there will be a new model very soon...
Well, I asked to Anson, i am waiting his answer before buying the DTR1+ if a new model comes very soon...
If you are going for the dtr1+, you should not hesitate and go for it , as it is not ideal to wait for the new model.
The sound of the dtr1+ is fantastic, although I remain loyal to my first gen dtr1.
From what I know, the new model is still under early development and wouldn’t be available soon, the price could be a step up from current model.
You won’t go wrong with getting the dtr1+
All the best in your new purchase

Last edited:
May 2, 2024 at 2:05 AM Post #2,314 of 2,323
Last edited:
May 2, 2024 at 2:56 AM Post #2,315 of 2,323
I have had and been using mine for something like 9 months. It is a really enjoyable player.
I feel like it is a niche market - non smart players, well actually... this one has linux, it could in theory get seriously updated.
Might even be able to add an adjustable eq rather than the simple roll off selection. I am no programmer though.

May 29, 2024 at 11:59 PM Post #2,317 of 2,323
DETHONRAY listeningg M1 pared with Prelude DTR1. The end of the game! LOL

20240530115744_hd800.jpg

May 30, 2024 at 12:04 AM Post #2,318 of 2,323
I have had and been using mine for something like 9 months. It is a really enjoyable player.
I feel like it is a niche market - non smart players, well actually... this one has linux, it could in theory get seriously updated.
Might even be able to add an adjustable eq rather than the simple roll off selection. I am no programmer though.
Try the filter option in settings page. There will be changes in vocal and treble.

May 31, 2024 at 8:26 PM Post #2,319 of 2,323
Try the filter option in settings page. There will be changes in vocal and treble.
mine just has 4 pre-made delay and roll off filters, and I notice some changes no doubt.

I was thinking more of a parametric eq feature could be programmed in a future update for it. It has the capabilities.

Don't get me wrong, I love the player's native sound and it is the most black velvet back ground sound. But sometimes I want a bass loaded EQ, or if listening to an audio book and I prefer a change to the voice, some times I want to isolate a single instrument up front.

May 31, 2024 at 9:00 PM Post #2,321 of 2,323
mine just has 4 pre-made delay and roll off filters, and I notice some changes no doubt.

I was thinking more of a parametric eq feature could be programmed in a future update for it. It has the capabilities.

Don't get me wrong, I love the player's native sound and it is the most black velvet back ground sound. But sometimes I want a bass loaded EQ, or if listening to an audio book and I prefer a change to the voice, some times I want to isolate a single instrument up front.
Ping Anson directly and tell him your idea. If it's not too difficult, he will implement this feature because I have done this multiple times a few years ago.
However, I'm not sure if the EQ requirement is challenging. Is there any extra cost?

May 31, 2024 at 9:46 PM Post #2,323 of 2,323
Ping Anson directly and tell him your idea. If it's not too difficult, he will implement this feature because I have done this multiple times a few years ago.
However, I'm not sure if the EQ requirement is challenging. Is there any extra cost?
I do not have much programming knowledge or good working circuitry, so not sure how hard it would be at all. Just a thought I had when considering what else I might want from it.
It is a cool device, and OS. Linux just tends to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back