Digital sources/transports into a Holo Cyan 2 through USB?
May 1, 2024 at 12:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Kutusov

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I've ordered a Holo Cyan 2 to replace my Ares 2 and was going through the aforementioned dedicated thread. I think my questions are not really for that thread so I'll ask them separately.

My digital source (and only source) is pretty far from being ideal, it being my main PC (non gaming) through a long 10m usb amplified Amazon cable into the DAC.

I hear the Holo has a great USB port with extremely low jitter, some members say a DDC etc won't do anything beneficial. My question is, do you think this is the case and I should keep this affair, or is it better to have a different source/transport because of jitter or otherwise?

One thing that is important to me is to have "now playing" on the TV so I would be open to the idea of a mini-PC closer to the dac or a Volumio Rivo (with upgraded power supply) connected to the network or with a HDD.

I can't try any of these solutions before buying, so I'm trying to weight in the options before committing to an expensive purchase. But that 10m amplified cable always worried me...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back