edition 9 gone from ultrasone Website.
Aug 12, 2008 at 10:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

Golden Ears

100+ Head-Fier
Are they discontinuing this headphone???

I can not find it on their website under hfi, pro, or Dj

I unfortunately have to send back a pair of Edition 9's I just got because one channel was about 2 db quieter than the other- so the image was pulled to one side..

I am just nervous... that once they are out... that there will be no more...and new models are not always improvements...

What is the new 780 ... like wasn't the edition 7 ...didn't that become the edition 9 for less money..

Aug 12, 2008 at 11:06 PM Post #3 of 29
Aug 13, 2008 at 3:58 PM Post #4 of 29
ah yes...there it is...

I wonder why it is not included with the regular line up?

Aug 14, 2008 at 4:29 AM Post #6 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Golden Ears /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ah yes...there it is...

I wonder why it is not included with the regular line up?

Golden Ears, the Edition headphones are a limited Edition. However, that dosn't mean that we won't be able to service them for you in the future, once production is stopped. (Now this is going to cause some discussion
icon10.gif
)

As long as the headphones were purchased through an authorized dealer, we will honor the 5 year, (2 year on all other models) manufacturers' warranty for any defects with the headphones.

And after the 5 years are gone.............................?

We'll still be able to service them for you.
regular_smile .gif

Please contact us at:

infoteam@ultrasone.com or call 951-678-9091

for assistance in getting your headphones fixed.

Aug 14, 2008 at 11:15 AM Post #7 of 29
I thought Ultrasone decided to continue the Edition 9 indefinitely. Or did I imagine this? What's the current plan as far as production of them (How many will be made)? Will there be another Edition phone after it is discontinued?

Aug 16, 2008 at 3:59 AM Post #8 of 29
So today- they appear to sound ok. The image is moving back to center... could this be part of the break in period? Anyone? Despite this... I must say that these headphones are one of the most important pieces of audio gear I have ever come across in 30 years. I rank them as ground breaking like the Infinity reference Standards, Wadia 860, Tandberg 3014 cassette deck, Aiwa HS-J500 (the best cassette Portable), Denon DCP-150 (Best DCP), Quad ESL 63, Nakamichi TP-1200mkII Tuner Pre-amp for cars, MC4000M McIntosh Car Amplifier, and...12" 45 rpm virgin vinyl.

I'm wavering on sending them back to the dealer- mostly because I paid for overnight shipping and they would go back ground - But if no one else has had channel shifting occur- I won't take any chances and I will send them back.

It is just a little bit of a bummer because I want the APS V3 recable done- and obviously it would make no sense to re-cable pair with differing sensitivities on each ear pice.

The real bummer is that they were just starting to get broken in..and of course.. I'd have to wait until the next pair is fully broken in before sending them off to be recabled.

So I guess my fears are not unfounded... as they will be a limited edition after all. eeeeeek! Of course...I don't really want to buy 2 pairs... but I think Ultrasone is on the right track and will come out with something even better. So I suppose an Edition 10 will eventually be in my future.. I will get full credit on the 9's and if the 10 is just around the corner.. I would prefer to wait...what could be worse than to not even have your 9's break in before a 10 comes out????

Ultra Paul- much appreciated...I am impressed with your service.. I will give a call in the AM or if no answer on Monday.

Hmmm...

if someone PM'ed me about any new model..... I would promise to never let anything leak out... I am sooooo hooked on Ultrasones. even thinking about buying another pair- lower end model- as a Dj pair.. but not sure about the DJ1 vs other models...

Aug 16, 2008 at 6:27 PM Post #9 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by ultrapaul
the Edition headphones are a limited Edition

What exactly is the definition of "limited edition" being used here?

I mean, typically that term is applied to a product that is intended to have a specific piece-count manufactured, or (slightly more loosely) as having a predefined manufacture timeframe made known to the public at product inception. AFAIK the Edition 9's have neither, unlike the E7's, or some of the past Audio-Technica LE's.

Not taking anything away from the sound quality of these headphones, but the term "limited edition" is being used inappropriately here.

Aug 21, 2008 at 10:34 PM Post #10 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I mean, typically that term is applied to a product that is intended to have a specific piece-count manufactured, or (slightly more loosely) as having a predefined manufacture timeframe made known to the public at product inception. AFAIK the Edition 9's have neither, unlike the E7's, or some of the past Audio-Technica LE's.

Not taking anything away from the sound quality of these headphones, but the term "limited edition" is being used inappropriately here.

As previously stated, they are a limited edition.
beerchug.gif

Aug 21, 2008 at 10:52 PM Post #11 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by ultrapaul /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As previously stated, they are a limited edition.

What does that mean? You did not address any of my statements!

Simply saying something does not make it so.

I think a more complete answer is in order.

Aug 21, 2008 at 11:39 PM Post #12 of 29
Quote:

What does that mean? You did not address any of my statements!

Simply saying something does not make it so.

I think a more complete answer is in order.

Yeah. I don't think it's unreasonable for owners of a limited edition product to know how many were made.. since that's the case with any other limited edition anything in the history of ever

Aug 22, 2008 at 6:58 AM Post #13 of 29
He (Paul) answered the question that was asked. Make your question more direct and clear.

HOW MANY EDITION 9 HEADPHONES WILL HAVE BEEN PRODUCED AT THE END OF THE PRODUCT LIFE?

Sorry to both of you above me, but those comments just seem uncalled for when the gentleman doesn't even have to post here. He is going above and beyond just being here and trying to help as much as possible.

Aug 22, 2008 at 7:55 AM Post #14 of 29
I think that if you can understand what we are asking enough to rephrase it yourself, we've achieved the goal of being "clear"

Not that there was any doubt :| There's no disrespect in our questioning, nor a lack of appreciation for Paul's presence here. Relax ;o

Paul?
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 22, 2008 at 3:04 PM Post #15 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by M3NTAL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He (Paul) answered the question that was asked. Make your question more direct and clear.

Quote:

I thought my initial question was quite clear. His one-line response, which is only corporate marketing copy, does not clarify the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back