Exceptional in Every Detail: Say Hello to the IE 600
May 3, 2024 at 3:45 PM Post #2,221 of 2,284
Ok , after trying a 15buck cable from Ali that started out fine but lasted 2 months before nonstop crackling set in, I feel OK now to spend 75bucks.. certainly not 300bucks. If there is a good silver cable at 75 that would be great.

A well intended suggestion, not trying to sound smart.

Open the website on a desktop device so you have the thread gallery in the upper right. Scroll through the images and “go to post” on any cable you like the look of.

I have posted a few pictures of different cables and there are plenty of others.

I quite like the GUCraftsman cables and one of their IE600 options is inside your budget and can be bought from Amazon. I can’t attest to the robustness of any cables I have because I use them pretty gently around home not out and about but the GUCraftsman are nicely made.

I wouldn’t get hung up on silver, it isn’t going to make any difference. Buy what looks good and fits properly.

Last edited:
May 3, 2024 at 11:08 PM Post #2,222 of 2,284
Thanks, it's a long wait from Hong Kong job but I'll definitely consider it thank you.
If you search on AliExpress for LN008397 you’ll find the same cable with a faster delivery time. But it’s more expensive on AliExpress

May 4, 2024 at 12:48 PM Post #2,223 of 2,284
A well intended suggestion, not trying to sound smart.

Open the website on a desktop device so you have the thread gallery in the upper right. Scroll through the images and “go to post” on any cable you like the look of.

I have posted a few pictures of different cables and there are plenty of others.

I quite like the GUCraftsman cables and one of their IE600 options is inside your budget and can be bought from Amazon. I can’t attest to the robustness of any cables I have because I use them pretty gently around home not out and about but the GUCraftsman are nicely made.

I wouldn’t get hung up on silver, it isn’t going to make any difference. Buy what looks good and fits properly.
I did that already and found this fits perfectly price and silveryness

Ethos Series MKVI​

Ill take a look at the GUC

May 4, 2024 at 1:26 PM Post #2,224 of 2,284
I did that already and found this fits perfectly price and silveryness

Ethos Series MKVI​

Ill take a look at the GUC
I use the MKV with my IE600s and am very happy with it; transparent sound, nice feeling, good connections, no tangling. I would recommend.

May 4, 2024 at 6:21 PM Post #2,226 of 2,284
May 5, 2024 at 11:00 AM Post #2,228 of 2,284
I was blown away by this gem. Very surprised how Senny nailed the U-shape signature in the best possible way. It is now a part of my daily rotation.
The sources that I find to be synergistic with the IE600 are, Sony WM1AM2, iBasso DC-Elite and iBasso D16.
Happy to hear! Which tips are you using with this combo?

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
May 5, 2024 at 11:20 AM Post #2,230 of 2,284
Happy to hear! Which tips are you using with this combo?
Tried several, settled on the Divinus Velvets. Unfortunately stock tips deteriorated way too fast.

@listen4joy Stock cable for now. I have an LC-RC 2024 which I intend to re-terminate to use with the IE600. I like the wire FiiO uses in this cable, but Senn's proprietary MMCX solution makes it difficult. I also have a lot of 2-pin upgrade cables, so I may have to get a 2-pin to Sennheiser MMCX adapter like this one.

Last edited:
May 6, 2024 at 10:32 AM Post #2,232 of 2,284
Listening to the same track on Spotify (max quality) on phone straight from headphone jack (Samsung A13) vs. Apple dongle via USB Audio Player (320kpbs file), the sound effects are pushed out wider and its way more dynamic. A very clear and obvious a/b result which makes a 70-100 buck dongle a satisfactorily responsible purchase!

May 6, 2024 at 3:40 PM Post #2,233 of 2,284
Listening to the same track on Spotify (max quality) on phone straight from headphone jack (Samsung A13) vs. Apple dongle via USB Audio Player (320kpbs file), the sound effects are pushed out wider and its way more dynamic. A very clear and obvious a/b result which makes a 70-100 buck dongle a satisfactorily responsible purchase!

You may find you do not notice an improvement beyond the Apple dongle if you test blindly to remove the effects of expectation.

May 7, 2024 at 7:23 AM Post #2,235 of 2,284
For BT and EQ features and placebo, All in one, it would be worth it 👌😉👍😀 (Qudeleix 5k, IFI GoBlu)
I have an Apple dongle as well as a Shanling UA3 and a Shanling UA5 dongle. The UA3 can be found for about £120 and I think the lovely velvety AKM based UA3 pairs very well with the IE600

Users who are viewing this thread

Back