Feliks Audio ENVY
May 4, 2024 at 2:37 AM Post #6,826 of 6,986
Unfortunately I wasn't lucky and my amplifier will be delayed by 2 days.
Monday is now the estimated delivery.

#feelsbadman
You? WHAT ABOUT US? WE NEED IMPRESSIONS

May 4, 2024 at 2:45 AM Post #6,827 of 6,986
who cares?seriously?..1000 people love the envy and this guy has some reservations and we are all supposed to decide we no longer love our envy?...ridiculous
Whoa whoa whoa, he's not even reviewed it yet.

Also it's my Envy he's got. We figured out it's not fully burned in yet actually, nor are the tubes at fully optimal levels yet.

He's got it for a full month.

Also I don't think it's fair to be posting Koji's pre-review thoughts from a Telegram group to here.

Part of the process of reviewing an amp for a month plus involves being able to think out loud, and to change opinions as you get used to some gear.

May 4, 2024 at 3:14 AM Post #6,828 of 6,986

Also it's my Envy he's got. We figured out it's not fully burned in yet actually, nor are the tubes at fully optimal levels yet.

Also I don't think it's fair to be posting Koji's pre-review thoughts from a Telegram group to here.

Part of the process of reviewing an amp for a month plus involves being able to think out loud, and to change opinions as you get used to some gear.
Good Morning 🫡
I think he lives relatively near to me (South East England) judging by a few things he has said and his accent and so maybe ask him to PM me.

I can drop my MOs and Melz over to him for a few weeks while I wait for my MU2. His impression may change a little as the Envy is quite the chameleon of an amp and sounds very different with different tubes.

Also, those WEs only had about 50hrs max when I sold them to you. The general consensus is that they need rather a lot of burn in to sound their best so that might be a factor too.

I think a reviewer needs some different tube options to really get a feel for this amp.

Cheers all

May 4, 2024 at 3:22 AM Post #6,829 of 6,986
I posted it not as a review but as first impressions of a seasoned audiophile, who heard a lot more stuff than the most of us and from my experience is often spot on with his conclusions. While I may disagree with some impressions I thought it was interesting enough as a process to share, Well judging on some of the reactions, guess Il stop.

Thanks for sending him a unit @walterboss , looking forward to his review.

Last edited:
May 4, 2024 at 3:28 AM Post #6,830 of 6,986
I posted it not as a review but as first impressions of a seasoned audiophile, who heard a lot more stuff than the most of us and from my experience is often spot on with his conclusions. While I may disagree with some impressions I thought it was interesting enough as a process to share, Well judging on some of the reactions, guess Il stop.

Thanks for sending him a unit @walterboss , looking forward to his review.
You were only sharing information you thought might be interesting so honestly don't worry about that 😉

It's always interesting to hear more impressions.

I'll see if I can get some more tubes to him.

May 4, 2024 at 4:32 AM Post #6,831 of 6,986
May 4, 2024 at 10:57 AM Post #6,832 of 6,986
I can drop my MOs and Melz over to him for a few weeks
Please, i would LOVE to see an impression of those in his review! They are the monster detail separation king.
I'm a bit bummed out that the AE was only 25 units, the previous Euforia AE is still available to this date. I guess that the 30th AE will be of the next big amp they'll release, meh...
On the other hand, the price increase compared to the standard model was extreme and i value the wooden look a lot. Well, can't have it all i guess.

May 4, 2024 at 11:02 AM Post #6,833 of 6,986
Please, i would LOVE to see an impression of those in his review! They are the monster detail separation king.
I'm a bit bummed out that the AE was only 25 units, the previous Euforia AE is still available to this date. I guess that the 30th AE will be of the next big amp they'll release, meh...
On the other hand, the price increase compared to the standard model was extreme and i value the wooden look a lot. Well, can't have it all i guess.
Well maybe there will be an Envy Evo in a few years with most of the AE upgrades, similar to the Euforia Evo

May 4, 2024 at 11:37 AM Post #6,834 of 6,986
If you’d put your money on the table you could have asked for a 25th Anniversary Envy but one wearing a wooden outfit of your choice…..

May 4, 2024 at 11:49 AM Post #6,835 of 6,986
Following the review process of Envy by ConvinceMeAudio, we are in for a ride I believe. He seem to have some big concerns regardings stage and dynamic, it looks like he finds it problematic with Envy. He plans to compare Envy with Red October and Ha-300b mk.2.

I remember a certain YT-er said that WANDLA is as good as Holo May too...

May 4, 2024 at 12:06 PM Post #6,836 of 6,986
yeah
I remember a certain YT-er said that WANDLA is as good as Holo May too...
I believe it was GoldenSound who sells Wandla GoldenSound edition with few more filters for 500usd more xD

It turned out Kojis Envy tube setup has zero burn in and its very open if its a balanced tube setup in the first place (both tubes are rather warm with WE300b and Brimar) + Susvara he got is apparently new too - it requires around 150h at least to settle in. So yeah. Guess we wait. I still stand to my "Koji is one of the good guys on youtube when it comes to reviewing audio gear without influencer bs" I value his opinion.

May 4, 2024 at 1:33 PM Post #6,837 of 6,986

I was only responding to those panicked over the possibility of somebody not liking the envy...

May 4, 2024 at 1:34 PM Post #6,838 of 6,986
yeah

I believe it was GoldenSound who sells Wandla GoldenSound edition with few more filters for 500usd more xD

It turned out Kojis Envy tube setup has zero burn in and its very open if its a balanced tube setup in the first place (both tubes are rather warm with WE300b and Brimar) + Susvara he got is apparently new too - it requires around 150h at least to settle in. So yeah. Guess we wait. I still stand to my "Koji is one of the good guys on youtube when it comes to reviewing audio gear without influencer bs" I value his opinion.
Koji's Susvara is fine. That's his own. It's mine that's not burned in that I mentioned. Koji's not using my Susvara.

And the Envy doesn't have 'zero' burn in. It's just under 100 hours still, so not optimal.

May 4, 2024 at 1:37 PM Post #6,839 of 6,986
May KTE is really beautiful! I think you’d have to go some to have a step up from this.

My current chain is Eversolo (streamer), May KTE (DAC), Envy PE (Amp with WE 300b and Mullard ECC33), Susvara.

Other tubes in the bag are:

Driver Tubes:
Brimar 6SN7GT Black Plate 1940s; Tung Sol 6sn7GTB: Mullard CV6 Orange & White print

To try/order: Melz, Sylvannia

Power Tubes:
Takatauki 300b

On order: Elrog TM, Wathan Cyro

May 4, 2024 at 1:38 PM Post #6,840 of 6,986
who cares?seriously?..1000 people love the envy and this guy has some reservations and we are all supposed to decide we no longer love our envy?...ridiculous

I was only responding to those panicked over the possibility of somebody not liking the envy...
You called it 'ridiculous' and asserted that his 'reservations' somehow also meant implicitly that Envy owners should therefore ditch them.

You just sounded p-ssed off that someone took a dislike to Envy. Which isn't the case anyway.

It's like three straw men arguments one after the other. All of which are based on a guy's first impressions.

And to top it off, it turns out my amp isn't even fully burned in yet. So yeah, I've got a problem with posting someone's preliminary thoughts before the full details are actually understood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back