Fidelice: Rupert Neve's new line of Home Hifi equipment
Jul 31, 2022 at 5:29 PM Post #31 of 42
Did Rupert Neve designed this before he past away. God bless his soul. Rest in peace

Jul 31, 2022 at 5:33 PM Post #32 of 42
@Resolve 's first impressions of the RNDAC have gone up on his channel.

The first 2min and 30 seconds should be the standard of all dacs. It could not have been said anymore perfect....or could it?

Aug 1, 2022 at 3:05 AM Post #33 of 42
Not many have this DAC. I have heard it is a good match with Susvara. I am going to try my Arya V2 on it first.

Aug 1, 2022 at 9:36 AM Post #34 of 42
I ordered it! my local dealer told me it was a good match with susvara. I have heard couple of reviews saying it should be good enough to power susvara...with no problems.

But my first listening hours will be Arya V2 until I get some more money

Aug 2, 2022 at 2:33 PM Post #35 of 42
The Fidelice DAC/Headphone amp/preamp is a match made in heaven with the AKG K812 headphone set.

Oct 6, 2022 at 2:30 PM Post #36 of 42
Don’t let this thread die! I’m planing to order the precision dac end of this month. Can’t wait to pair it with my Utopia and D8000 Pro. Heard it in a show with TH900 and TH909 from Fostex. Best sound I ever heard from a DAC/Amp combo.

Nov 1, 2022 at 1:22 AM Post #37 of 42
Don’t let this thread die! I’m planing to order the precision dac end of this month. Can’t wait to pair it with my Utopia and D8000 Pro. Heard it in a show with TH900 and TH909 from Fostex. Best sound I ever heard from a DAC/Amp combo.
OK let's hear some more about the Fidelice DAC/preamp/headphone amp.
This is a beautifully built and large amplifier. IIRC, 2 X AK4497s internally full preamp facilities for balanced and single ended inputs and headphone and line outputs. Expensive - you bet, but not ridiculously so. It's really a prosumer unit.
The sound with every headphone I have tried (see my signature) is very well balanced and noise free. I think it will remain as the only DAC/preamp/headphone amp, possibly ousting the Burson Conductor 3X Reference, as it's more flexible. Sound-wise, both are superb.
You certainly won't regret the purchase.

Nov 1, 2022 at 1:33 AM Post #38 of 42
OK let's hear some more about the Fidelice DAC/preamp/headphone amp.
This is a beautifully built and large amplifier. IIRC, 2 X AK4497s internally full preamp facilities for balanced and single ended inputs and headphone and line outputs. Expensive - you bet, but not ridiculously so. It's really a prosumer unit.
The sound with every headphone I have tried (see my signature) is very well balanced and noise free. I think it will remain as the only DAC/preamp/headphone amp, possibly ousting the Burson Conductor 3X Reference, as it's more flexible. Sound-wise, both are superb.
You certainly won't regret the purchase.
Congrats on the Fidelice. It is certainly an engineering marvel made by a legend. RIP! I hope you continue to enjoy in good health and listening. I owned a Conductor 3XP. Not the 3X Reference, but I didn't like it. I found it thin and bright. It didn't have the musicality I look for. The amp was quite good, but I didn't like the DAC. But, if I were to ever sell my separates, the Fidelice would would be on a very small list I would look to own. That and the Flux Labs Atlas. But, they are not building currently as they deal with more important geo-political challenges.,

Dec 28, 2022 at 12:04 PM Post #40 of 42
Can anyone tell me if the RNDAC and the smaller RNHP have the same sound signature? I own an RNHP and love it but of course it cannot properly drive a planar magnetic like the DCA Expanse(I've tried it). I would be willing to acquire an RNDAC if it sounds the same or better than an RNHP. I want the Neve sound with more power.

May 4, 2024 at 10:29 PM Post #41 of 42
Can anyone tell me if the RNDAC and the smaller RNHP have the same sound signature? I own an RNHP and love it but of course it cannot properly drive a planar magnetic like the DCA Expanse(I've tried it). I would be willing to acquire an RNDAC if it sounds the same or better than an RNHP. I want the Neve sound with more power.
rndac sounds faster and has better dynamics

May 4, 2024 at 11:17 PM Post #42 of 42
The amp in the RNDAC sounds much better imo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back