FiiO releases Android-based Lossless Portable Music Player M15!
Apr 26, 2020 at 11:01 PM Post #61 of 77
I see that there are M15s on the US Amazon page as of this morning.
I got one on the way. wooot
Congratulations!!, exciting isn't it?! :beerchug:

My m15 is coming from Hifigo.com and I'm looking forward to seeing how the M15 "over the ear headphone mode" drives my pair of SendyAudio Aiva's with 4.4mm / 2.5mm headphone cable's (and 4.4mm => 2.5mm pigtail).

Surprisingly the BTR5 on H Gain @ higher volume settings (35-56) than any other of my headphones seems to drive the SendyAudio Aiva's to satisfying listening levels. The BTR3k on 3.5mm can't quite drive the Aiva's, but I still need to try both the BTR3k and BTR5 on 2.5mm cables / adapter when they arrive.

I'm hoping the M15 sounds as great as the BTR5 and BTR3k. :L3000:

Last edited:
May 6, 2020 at 7:47 PM Post #62 of 77
Did Anyone compare M15 to A&K SA700 or Shanling M6 PRO?

May 6, 2020 at 10:20 PM Post #63 of 77
Heads up about the current shipping status from China to US, my M15 package was input to the Fedex system on April 28th and after several restatements of my delivery date - including 3 days of no scheduled delivery date, it's even more confusing than ever... check out the spoiler text showing the tracking history...

I'm hoping that this latest estimated scheduled delivery is the final one...My M15 is supposed to arrive tomorrow, there have been a couple of stoppages along the way in HK and JP, showing now in Hawaii... and this is the 3rd estimated delivery date. :)

The tracking history is confusing - it now looks like it is heading back to Japan? Or perhaps the stop over in Hawaii was the import check and the package got back on the same flight from Japan? Weird...
  • Wednesday , 5/06/2020
    10:03 pm
    SENNAN-SHI JP
    In transit
  • 9:33 pm
    SENNAN-SHI JP
    In transit
  • 12:38 pm
    HONOLULU, HI
    International shipment release - Import
  • 5:30 am
    SENNAN-SHI JP
    In transit
  • Tuesday , 5/05/2020
    4:49 am
    SENNAN-SHI JP
    In transit
  • Monday , 5/04/2020
    10:21 pm
    LANTAU ISLAND HK
    In transit
  • Sunday , 5/03/2020
    3:54 pm
    LANTAU ISLAND HK
    At local FedEx facility
  • Saturday , 5/02/2020
    9:37 pm
    LANTAU ISLAND HK
    At local FedEx facility
  • 9:15 pm
    LANTAU ISLAND HK
    In transit
  • 6:23 pm
    TSUEN WAN HK
    Left FedEx origin facility
  • 3:03 pm
    TSUEN WAN HK
    Picked up
    Package received after FedEx cutoff
  • Tuesday , 4/28/2020
    3:42 am
    Shipment information sent to FedEx
Here's the continuation of the travel history through delivery:

• Thursday , 5/07/2020
    11:35 am
    Delivered
  • 7:35 am
    SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, CA
    On FedEx vehicle for delivery
  • 7:25 am
    SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, CA
    At local FedEx facility
  • 5:18 am
    OAKLAND, CA
    Departed FedEx location
  • 12:24 am
    OAKLAND, CA
    Arrived at FedEx location
  • Wednesday , 5/06/2020
    10:03 pm
    SENNAN-SHI JP
    In transit
My initial reaction when connected to PC USB DAC mode - replacing the BTR5 / BTR3k - it's like the Matrix Virtual world scene when Morpheus has Neo on the City Street and you don't notice anyone around until the action begins - that's the feeling the M15 gives - with the M15, the Action Begins.

After settling down a bit, listening for a few minutes, a refocus of that description would be like before the M15 there was a busy milling throng of people filling the street - and the audio had to rise above the top of the crowd to be heard - any details below the top of the crowd would be below the audible range - hidden among the throng of people milling around.

With the M15 what was missing became "there" - standing out isolated among a dark background as some would say, or like the streets had been completely emptied and the audio details are now placed distinctly in the open without being hidden in the crowd.

Another thought, it's like when Eleven is in the dark place between minds, and all of a sudden she hears sounds leading her to the source of those sounds. The M15 is like that, it's taken me to a new world of the mind without clutter where the media source is placed there to hear clearly defined against a deep black void.

There's a big difference between High Current "Over Ear Headphone" mode + L-Gain and H-gain mode without High Current mode with the SendyAudio Aiva's, both are really quite satisfying - but the High Current "Over Ear Headphone" mode sound is really something special.

Listening to Youtube reveals new details in a pleasant and unexpected way, I was concerned "poor" source material would be unlistenable - and that is not so with the M15, everything I've listened to so far has been elevated in listening pleasure through the M15 DAC/AMP.

I bought the M15 full kit from Hifigo, with the Screen Protectors, LT-TC1 data cable, LA-UA1 USB power isolation included. I added the FiiO DK1 stand, "Gold Ring" for the volume knob + Leather Case (not available yet). I haven't plugged in the FiiO cable/isolator yet, I'm still using the Anchor USB-A to USB-C long red cable between the PC and the M15.

I added the "Gold Ring" for the volume nob, and it makes the volume control stand out nicely. The blue light shows where the control is generally, but the "Gold Ring" gives my eye something to focus on and grab. A Black Knob on a Black case in a dark listening room makes the volume control blend into the dark otherwise.

The Amazon Music HD and Tidal Masters sound stage completely opened up with the M15 and the SendyAudio Aiva's. Sounds almost come from behind my ears - the sound stage is far around the sides of my head now - very enjoyable. There's so much more detail and sound is so exact and clear - drawing for my attention a much wider sound stage FOV.

Even listening to normally mundane Netflix content, such as Hanger 1: The UFO Files - the audio is engaging and interesting enough to grab me away from the content, effects with lots of mixed in sounds stand out sharply and distinctly instead of being a smeared mish mash mush.

The M15 let's me discover audio details I've been missing...I've lots of listening (re-listening) to do.

Going from the BTR5 and BTR3k to the M15 High Current "Over the ear headphone mode" there is no fair comparison. I'll try to compare later, but the M15 is another world of audio altogether. :)

Google Play Store Update: Great news, the FiiO M15 now has full Google Play Store access, and I'm having a blast installing apps - and pleasantly surprised at how much I appreciate the ability to read my email, control my BT TWS's, and read while listening to great sounds coming out of the M15. There was an M15 System Update over Wifi to install as soon as I connected on Wifi.

Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 2 Update: Good news for Sennheiser, I've decided to keep the MTW2's after all. Before the M15 the MTW2's weren't inspiring, not stellar enough to keep for $300, but that comes down to the sources I had before the M15. Now the MTW2's are indeed Stellar, on the M15.

I tried setting volume to 100% on the MTW2's + control volume via the M15, and then tried setting volume 100 on the M15 + use the touch/hold Right bud to control volume on the MTW2's - either way works fine. BTW, the M15 volume goes past 100... to 120.

That's right, the M15 now has volume *numbers* instead of bars in the notification area, and that change came from the System Update, as first off out of the box the M15 had the volume bars.

Right now the MTW2's are getting a firmware update - via the Sennheiser Control App installed and running on the M15(!), so I've got 50 minutes to enjoy watching Netflix while listening through SendyAudio Aiva's on the BTR5 USB DAC mode - Watching Battle: Los Angeles...

Last edited:
May 11, 2020 at 3:00 PM Post #64 of 77
I finally got mine. It actually arrived on May 4th but I was out of town until the 10th. Sounds great of course, it is quite a little heater though.

Update: 3/12/20 This DAP is fast. I was using an X5III to do all my portable Tidal streaming and that was the primary reason that I got the M15. The M15 can stream and play a file and at the same time download it in the offline library, something the X5 could not do without studdering. I am using a SanDisk 1TB Extreme MicroSDXC UHS-I Memory Card and have no issues. I will not be using any apps other than Tidal, so I can not comment on others. I do wish they had a case... sad to say there is already a scratch on the shiny back panel, but it is not leaving the house until I get my 3rd party case. Maybe it is the dry weather here in Colorado US but because of its weight, it is a little slippery, but I think they did a great job with the finish and I would not change it.
Update: 5/29/20 Finally got my case, the official leather one from AliExpress, great case. Now I can adventure out of the house with it. The sound is still great, my ear is burning in.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2020 at 11:05 PM Post #65 of 77
Just got the Fiio M15 and boy, the High Gain of this device has A LOT of driving power for your headphones and IEMs. I also dig how sturdy the 2.5mm balanced sockets feel, unlike the ones on Astell&Kern players, the ones on the Fiio M15 have a firm insertion and very little wiggling on the socket once plugged in.

Soundwise, has a very natural tuning with just a touch of more low end. Treble sounds great and will most likely sound even smoother after a 30 hour burn in.

Aug 1, 2020 at 10:12 AM Post #66 of 77
Hi guys, I have two questions ... hope you can help me out.

1. I cannot find the tray ejector for the SD card slots ... I tried to use a needle (does not work, card holder does not eject) and iphone SIM card (which is too big). Any ideas what else to try

2. I am using the FiiO - L21 (3.5mm to RCA Cable) from the M15 to my amp. This replaced my old DAP cable which was via optical 3.5mm output fully balanced with a high end cable. Is the L21 RCA connection as inferior to the optical one as I think it is?

Thanks for your feedback.

Aug 1, 2020 at 10:28 AM Post #69 of 77
....I cannot find the tray ejector for the SD card slots ... I tried to use a needle (does not work, card holder does not eject) and iphone SIM card (which is too big). Any ideas what else to try....

I use a small paperclip.

IMG_20200801_102556_small.jpg

Aug 4, 2020 at 10:22 PM Post #70 of 77
Hi guys, I have two questions ... hope you can help me out.

1. I cannot find the tray ejector for the SD card slots ... I tried to use a needle (does not work, card holder does not eject) and iphone SIM card (which is too big). Any ideas what else to try

2. I am using the FiiO - L21 (3.5mm to RCA Cable) from the M15 to my amp. This replaced my old DAP cable which was via optical 3.5mm output fully balanced with a high end cable. Is the L21 RCA connection as inferior to the optical one as I think it is?

Thanks for your feedback.
Dear user,

The M15 doesn't have optical output. And the L21 is a coaxial cable. Here is the defintion of its 3.5mm port:
1596593790921.png

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Aug 7, 2020 at 9:11 AM Post #71 of 77
Thanks for the reply and info on the L21. I love my m15, best portable device ever.
Short question, please:

I use my m15 dailY. Is it best to fully shut down after use, or keep it running with screen off (Like a mobile), or keep it always charged on a dock?

Aug 8, 2020 at 11:17 AM Post #72 of 77
Hi Guys,

Pretty new here, anybody with M11 Pro / M15 can help me on something.. can it play pokemon go? i understand that it's not meant for games but just want to reduce the number of devices i'm bringing out daily.

Hope somebody can try downloading it and let me know the out come :)

Aug 8, 2020 at 12:50 PM Post #73 of 77
Hi Guys,

Pretty new here, anybody with M11 Pro / M15 can help me on something.. can it play pokemon go? i understand that it's not meant for games but just want to reduce the number of devices i'm bringing out daily.

Hope somebody can try downloading it and let me know the out come :)
https://support.pokemon.com/hc/en-u...GO-Plus-system-requirements-and-compatibility

Android:
  • Android 5 or above
  • Preferred resolution of 720×1280 pixels (Pokémon GO is not optimized for tablets)
  • Strong internet connection (Wi-Fi, 3G, or 4G)
  • GPS and Location Services
  • Rooted devices are not supported

Sep 21, 2020 at 4:46 PM Post #75 of 77
Finally received my M15. Sound wise this things rocks. Very open, detailed sound, with lots of driving power.

Yes, if I didn't already have my Lotoo, I would have a M15 most likely, a lot of features for the money you spend. It also doubles as a capable portable desktop amp!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back