Filter replacement?
Jul 29, 2008 at 4:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Daemos

100+ Head-Fier
So I see there are filters inside the treble ports, are there any way to order replacement filters? or do we need to order a whole new set of treble ports?

If this is the case, is it possible to order just a set of the ports we need instead of all 3 as our musical tastes all differ, and 12.50 just for a pair of ports with 2 pairs that won't be used, isn't really a good option.

Thanks

Jul 29, 2008 at 4:51 AM Post #2 of 6
I agree that selling each type of treble tube and bass port individually is a good idea for the future. Sleek Audio, your customers have spoken.
cool.gif

Jul 29, 2008 at 5:15 AM Post #3 of 6
I think I have made the same request on my first review of SA6.

Jul 29, 2008 at 5:20 AM Post #4 of 6
Well...the other issue is the cost of upkeep just ot listen to music gets 3x more expensive than it should be...because instead of having 3 sets of the tubes you want for 12.50 + shipping now ou got 1 set for 12.50 + shipping, so depending on one's ears...you could go through filters in a month so that's 12.50 x 12 = $150 a year (not including shipping if it is to people like me in Canada...it's $5 x 12 = 60 so $210) just to listen to headphones...that's almost a dollar a day.

That's quite expensive IMO no matter how good they sound.

I think I will also shoot them an email...that might generate more responses.

Jul 29, 2008 at 5:32 AM Post #5 of 6
There is no such need. The filter in the treble port acts more like sound filter than actual wax filter (Treble++ has no filter at all), thus you won't likely to go through even one pair every 6 months or one year. If it does clogged by wax, here is a quick and effective solution: Go to local pharmacy and get some peroxide solution (or eardrop), submerge the treble port in the solution for 15 minutes than wash it gently with water - now you got yourself a new pair of treble port.

The real problem isn't the filter will get clogged (as it is easily solvable), but when you lose / damage the treble port and need replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back