Final Fantasy VII Remake
Sep 14, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #31 of 66
2020 game of the year is looking great again with the new gameplay

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #32 of 66
Pretty different game from the original, which is good as I wouldn't want a replica with just updated graphics.

The original gameplay is outdated. Just like Resident Evil 2 Remake I could never go back to the original after playing RE2R. I guarantee FF7R will do the same for most people.

I just beaten the original FF7 on the ps4 with the 3x fast speed button. Damn that 3x button is soo important. Without that the game is sadly sluggish. Ugh...

Plus just like RE2R, FF7R looks like its flushing out the story better. Especially when the president came out and said, you guys working with the Wutai Army, thats huge...

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #33 of 66
The original gameplay is outdated. Just like Resident Evil 2 Remake I could never go back to the original after playing RE2R. I guarantee FF7R will do the same for most people.

I just beaten the original FF7 on the ps4 with the 3x fast speed button. Damn that 3x button is soo important. Without that the game is sadly sluggish. Ugh...

Plus just like RE2R, FF7R looks like its flushing out the story better. Especially when the president came out and said, you guys working with the Wutai Army, thats huge...
Yeah, and I could understand what the meaning of 'classic' really means. It means a creation that revolutionized how something was being done, that hasn't been done like it before. This is why titles like the original FF7 and RE are highly regarded generations later, but people not from that era would not understand why such an inferior looking title is highly regarded. Looking at these titles now, they are obviously out dated in production, but they are memorable due to how they changed how things were done.

Sep 22, 2019 at 5:08 PM Post #34 of 66
Yeah, and I could understand what the meaning of 'classic' really means. It means a creation that revolutionized how something was being done, that hasn't been done like it before. This is why titles like the original FF7 and RE are highly regarded generations later, but people not from that era would not understand why such an inferior looking title is highly regarded. Looking at these titles now, they are obviously out dated in production, but they are memorable due to how they changed how things were done.

Totally agree! Final Fantasy 7 should be in the Smithsonian institution. Its the game that made Playstation, its the game that help video games to the next level, its the game that push every boundaries. No doubt about this.

Its seems like our brains are evolving into a fast tech world. Thanks to wikipedia, Google, cellphones , GPS, etch... We are born from birth now to multitask and think quickly and act quickly and fast. What I am getting at is, that the Remake FF7 is exactly this, fast, exciting, react fast. I got this from the brilliant RE2 remake. It is perfect for our time now. And I see FF7R will be perfect for our time too.

Sep 22, 2019 at 5:37 PM Post #35 of 66
Totally agree! Final Fantasy 7 should be in the Smithsonian institution. Its the game that made Playstation, its the game that help video games to the next level, its the game that push every boundaries. No doubt about this.

Its seems like our brains are evolving into a fast tech world. Thanks to wikipedia, Google, cellphones , GPS, etch... We are born from birth now to multitask and think quickly and act quickly and fast. What I am getting at is, that the Remake FF7 is exactly this, fast, exciting, react fast. I got this from the brilliant RE2 remake. It is perfect for our time now. And I see FF7R will be perfect for our time too.
There are good stuff that comes out, but a lot of the what aspect of gaming has shifted. Back in the days, it wasn't a connected by internet society like today, and we only had stand alone home console systems which were dedicated to video games. Japan had greater control of the console market, and the better content were coming out of Japan.

These days with capabilities of high speed network connection, online gaming has taken a large share of game developments due to high profitability. So, this creates some limitations on what type of content are developed, as less focus is on non-connected gaming.

Also, developments are using big budget requiring large manpower, but this also puts so much resources to such titles. I do like how game development was like back in the days, as it was developed by small independent groups, and created better possibilities for original content. There are independent developers these days as well, and I wish that more independent content that are put on the spotlight, so that we get varieties of original ideas made into games. In other words, we'd get much rich varieties of content if the developments were not clumped up into big enterprises, but small groups of independent developers. Too many big budget repetitive content that aren't original.

Same thing going on in the film industry. I admire film makers like Bong Joon ho, who says he will not make movies for Hollywood unless they let him have have creative control over what he want to direct, or use his own stories. This is how creative industry should be, not a corporate culture. I don't like how things are becoming more IBM.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2019 at 10:56 PM Post #36 of 66
I don't like how things are becoming more

Yea I feel you. But this dirty practices has been here from the start thou. From the 1980s. Is it much worst now? Hard to say? But I have to say no. Why? Because a game like Death Stranding is releasing. One of the weirdest original gameplay game coming out.

Stuff in the past was pretty rough, such as,
What happen to Nintendo vs Sega was bloody and unfair war.
Neogeo collapse and Atari Jaguar was also unfair pratices.
What happen to Xenogears was totally unfair also. Strick deadline. Sqaure gave Xenogear staff all interns and took funding away from them. Brutal.
Some games bankrupted their own companies.

Online gaming was inevitable thou. Im a big Starcraft fan, hence my name. This game basically revolutionize profitability in the online gaming world first. I can eventually see videogames championship matches on live televisions like the Superbowl soon because of profitability.

Too many big budget repetitive content

This can not be stop sadly. I see game of the year 2020 FF7R. But once GTA6 is release on Ps5 its back to repetition. Another call of duites will always take over.

In defense to gaming from Ps1 to Ps4. There was never a Playstation console that was stale thou? Currently PS4 is one of the greatest console ever release with amazing games. Even Nintendo games are interesting and original. Example, Mario Maker. This is an amazing concept and game.
I think videogames are heading in a right direction. Sadly the call of duties get the biggest attention but games from Square Enix and Capcom are still releasing what we veteran's still like about gaming.

The release of Nier 1 on the ps3 and Nier 2 on the ps4 and Nier 3 planned for the Ps5 soon is what keeping games still fresh.
Nier 1 and 2 are one of the best original rpg story telling games out their with their unique orginal OST. I never heard an OST like Nier before. So I still see good days coming for gaming :) no need to worry.

Well the labour laws and overworking people to death in the cubicle and sexual harrassment is the thing that we should really be talking about. But thats another conversation.

Mar 7, 2020 at 6:57 PM Post #38 of 66
This is a game to buy the playstation for. :)

Mar 9, 2020 at 8:45 AM Post #39 of 66
Finished the Demo yesterday and it was great to see new versions of old locations, but that Scorpion Boss at the end kicked my ass. He felt too hard for the first boss.. took all my potions and pheonix downs... still better luck when the full games comes out.

Mar 10, 2020 at 9:29 PM Post #40 of 66
I thought the previous demo video looked repetitive (I found the random fights very mundane), but this one looks more interesting with variations in the fighting style. I guess the boss battles are more intersting. I need to see some cool summons being used. Summons from the original was very cool.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2020 at 9:52 PM Post #41 of 66
The more I see, more interesting it looks. Very nice trailer!

I think think the sound track is splendid! Really adds to the ambiance, and makes battles more engaging.

The soundtrack for the remake

Mar 19, 2020 at 1:51 AM Post #43 of 66
Actually Shadowbringers is the best FF in years - the highest scored FF in 13 years and IMO one of the top 3 of all time. If you don't like MMO just play the story and then un-sub.

Apr 8, 2020 at 10:14 AM Post #44 of 66
2 more days and it will release. There's already reviews out there. I bet this will cause many PS4 to be sold, and perhaps stores will be sold out of the PS4. Because during these COVID-19 times, VR sets has been sold out during the Half Life Alyx release. Not sure if there is a relationship.

If I were to play a PS4 game, this would be it. I would get a PS4 just to play this one. That's how much I'm looking forward to this one. Last time a game has done that to me was Metal Gear Solid 4 for the PS3.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2020 at 9:24 PM Post #45 of 66
I wanted to play this game so much, now that its finally coming out im not even sure how excited I am anymore. The game seems to use a battle system thats half Kingdom hearts 3 and half Final Fantasy 15. I also and not so keen on the whole installment thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back