Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 3, 2024 at 2:10 PM Post #62,416 of 62,662
May 3, 2024 at 2:18 PM Post #62,417 of 62,662
May 3, 2024 at 7:18 PM Post #62,418 of 62,662
Seriously contemplating backing the Soundcore Sleep A20. As a cheap alternative has anyone tried the Earfun Free Pro 3? I read it can be used side sleeping. If so, I won't have to explain the more expensive buy of the A20 to my wife... are the earfun anygood for music?

A20 comes with 1 year of free Slumber Premium though, so essentially $59 added gift... with purchase... makes them alot more enticing....

Last edited:
May 3, 2024 at 8:28 PM Post #62,419 of 62,662
Seriously contemplating backing the Soundcore Sleep A20. As a cheap alternative has anyone tried the Earfun Free Pro 3? I read it can be used side sleeping. If so, I won't have to explain the more expensive buy of the A20 to my wife... are the earfun anygood for music?

A20 comes with 1 year of free Slumber Premium though, so essentially $59 added gift... with purchase... makes them alot more enticing....
Just an fyi.. I have a Samsung TV that allows audio to play while turning off the energy consuming screen.. I play rain sounds all night on low volume off of YouTube, works great!

May 4, 2024 at 2:04 AM Post #62,420 of 62,662
Hi guys, are there any metal and rock fans in here that have found a pair of true wireless buds that suits those genres the best?

I was looking at the Marshall Motif ii anc but to be honest I have no clue haha

May 4, 2024 at 2:54 AM Post #62,421 of 62,662
LG T90S (note the s)!

All Spec​

SOUND SOLUTION​

• ANC
    Yes
  • Ambient Mode
    Yes
  • Talk Thru
    Yes
  • # of Mic

EQ​

• Meridian Sound Effect
    Yes
  • Meridian EQ (Natural, Immersive)
    Yes
  • LG EQ
    Yes
  • Customised EQ
    Yes
  • Dolby Atmos
    Yes
  • 3D Sound Stage
    Yes

AUDIO CODEC​

• apt-X Adaptive
    Yes
  • SBC
    Yes
  • AAC
    Yes

CONNECTIVITY​

• BLE
    Yes
  • Google Fast Pair Service
    Yes
  • Bluetooth Version

BATTERY LIFE (HRS)​

• Earbuds (ANC off)
  • Total (Earbuds+Charging Case)

CHARGING TIME (HRS)​

• Charging Case
  • Earbuds

CONVENIENCE​

• Multipoint
    Yes
  • Multi Paring
    Yes
  • Swift Pair
    Yes
  • Fast Charging
    Yes
  • Wireless Charging
    Yes
  • Voice command (Google assistant, Siri)
    Yes
  • Water/Splashproof
    IPX4
  • UVnano
    Yes
  • Plug&Wireless
    Yes

https://www.lg.com/uk/wireless-earbuds/tone-free/tone-t90s/

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-Headphones-Technology-Cancellation-Protection-Black/dp/B0CG27DV5P/

Last edited:
May 4, 2024 at 3:20 AM Post #62,422 of 62,662
Hi guys, are there any metal and rock fans in here that have found a pair of true wireless buds that suits those genres the best?

I was looking at the Marshall Motif ii anc but to be honest I have no clue haha
Those actually sound pretty good for what they are.

I’m a metal guy and love the Noble FoKus Triumph or any of the FoKus models for metal. Love the B&O EX and Devialet Gemini 2. Maiden sounds killer with all the above 🤘

May 4, 2024 at 10:43 AM Post #62,423 of 62,662
Those actually sound pretty good for what they are.

I’m a metal guy and love the Noble FoKus Triumph or any of the FoKus models for metal. Love the B&O EX and Devialet Gemini 2. Maiden sounds killer with all the above 🤘
Biggest problem with rock in general and classic rock even more is getting enough bass. A lot of the recordings are old now and definitely sound lean in the bass department.

May 4, 2024 at 12:48 PM Post #62,424 of 62,662
Biggest problem with rock in general and classic rock even more is getting enough bass. A lot of the recordings are old now and definitely sound lean in the bass department.
Oddly enough, my DAP is helping. Those old hair metal albums we grew up loving sound great with the Triumph. Better with my IE600/Hype 4 and the iFi Go Pods. The extra oomph from the DAP and iFi helps. I will say, the newer remixed Whitesnake - Slide It In sounds stellar in the bass dept, as does the remixed Restless Heart album.

May 4, 2024 at 1:12 PM Post #62,425 of 62,662
Oddly enough, my DAP is helping. Those old hair metal albums we grew up loving sound great with the Triumph. Better with my IE600/Hype 4 and the iFi Go Pods. The extra oomph from the DAP and iFi helps. I will say, the newer remixed Whitesnake - Slide It In sounds stellar in the bass dept, as does the remixed Restless Heart album.
Tell me how to bring up the baseline in “I don’t believe in love.” Because it’s nasty.

I agree that the extra power makes a difference on older recordings. Probably the best thing you can do. I wonder what you need to spend to improve on the Hype 4/Go pod combo.

May 4, 2024 at 1:21 PM Post #62,426 of 62,662
Tell me how to bring up the baseline in “I don’t believe in love.” Because it’s nasty.

I agree that the extra power makes a difference on older recordings. Probably the best thing you can do. I wonder what you need to spend to improve on the Hype 4/Go pod combo.
Was the Deluxe version remastered? Great song. Great album. Saw that tour.

It was! Ugh. https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/album/operation-mindcrime-queensryche/uae3vnhl7xa3a. Going to have to get it.

Last edited:
May 4, 2024 at 2:21 PM Post #62,427 of 62,662

Users who are viewing this thread

Back