Going to buy SA6 but I have a question
Aug 14, 2008 at 7:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

T5man

New Head-Fier
or 2.

Firstly if I buy a pair in the US and ship them to the UK where I live will the warranty still be in force and would I have to return them to the US if they become defective.

Secondly, there is only one seller in the UK, how can I be sure he is selling the latest models which I understand are made in the US and not the ones made in China which I have read have issues of quality

thanks
Steve

Aug 15, 2008 at 4:02 AM Post #2 of 7
I didn't think a company would have the same product made in two different places. Sounds kind of weird to me. Mine were made in China and they work just fine, the only issue is I got a bad cable but JasonK is sending me a new one. It's only a minor issue to, the cable to left earpiece needs to be straightened before putting them on otherwise no sound comes out. I may be making my own cable for them soon anyhow.

Aug 15, 2008 at 4:45 AM Post #4 of 7
As I understand early SA6's were assembled in China but now final assembley and QC is done in the USA however the packaging has not been updated.

OK Found Jason's quote made in early April.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We actually have brought the final assembly and all of the QC work back to the US. Even though the box says "made in China" they are now actually made in the USA.

I doubt that you would be getting the early Chinese assembled version at this stage.

I had a faulty earpiece so to speed up the process I decided to send it back directly to Sleek in the US rather than via Soundearphones.com, but if you purchase from a reputable supplier locally and have any issues you should be able to just return it to them and let them take care of repair or replacement.
I must add though that dealing directly with Mack at Sleek's was fast and painless.

Aug 15, 2008 at 7:08 PM Post #5 of 7
Hifiheadphones in the UK does distribute the SA6. The only problem with ordering overseas is VAT and all the other fees incurred, although there are very happy people that have ordered from the states. It is your choice. You do have a 2 year warranty on the product so shipping to a source in the UK can save time and money if you have problems.

On that note all of the units that are sold now and on the shelves of any legitimate dealer have been manufactured in the US. The last few units a dealer had here in the states were sent back to me for exchange. The package does still say made in China, we ran tens of thousands of very expensive boxes so you can understand why we want to use them all up
wink.gif

Aug 15, 2008 at 7:20 PM Post #6 of 7
Get a sticker to put over the Made In China.
wink.gif

Aug 20, 2008 at 6:58 PM Post #7 of 7
I tried to find them in the Netherlands, but failed to find a dealer, so I'm going to order them from the US too now, and I was wondering if I would still have waranty on them, and if I would have to send them back to the US too if they would ever break.

I would also like to ask if there are any plans to bring the SA6 to a shop in the Netherlands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back