Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Jun 20, 2023 at 1:10 PM Post #9,826 of 9,902
The adjustments are for the DC offset and balance. You might email Justin to get the video or instructions?
The manual is available on HeadAmp's page for the BHSE:
https://www.headamp.com/products/blue-hawaii-se

I like the Shuguang Treasures in mine.
If you search the thread you will find several lists and impressions of the various tubes.

Right you are, the manual is there. Thanks! https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0...awaii-special-edition-manual.pdf?v=1681485399

It is pretty lacking from a technical perspective though. No mention of the mysterious red LEDs seen from the top of the amp... I guess they are some sort of warm up indicator as they seem to turn on after two minutes?

Jun 20, 2023 at 4:08 PM Post #9,828 of 9,902
I am a new owner of a BHSE, but the biasing video shows "this video is private" for me? Anyone have instructions? The amp I bought used seem to have all the packaging, but no manual.

Also, I'm curious what readily available tubes are best as far as sound quality? It seems some use PSVANE EL34 PH, are these still some of the best sounding?

Also found these svetlana EL34 power tubes... not sure if they are a re-issue of the winged c tubes? Would these be good to try?
https://www.stewmac.com/electronics/amps/tubes-valves/svetlana-el34-power-tube/

Any recommendations would be appreciated. I've never owned a tube amp before.
You don't need to bias things unless they are very wrong.
In that, you're more likely to damage things which is why the video has been removed from public view.

Jun 20, 2023 at 4:14 PM Post #9,829 of 9,902
In that, you're more likely to damage things which is why the video has been removed from public view.

I'm very unlikely to damage things and have used a lot of test equipment. I agree a casual user with no technical background or equipment could easily damage things :)

Jun 20, 2023 at 4:17 PM Post #9,830 of 9,902
I'm very unlikely to damage things and have used a lot of test equipment. I agree a casual user with no technical background or equipment could easily damage things :)
If that were the case, intrinsically, you would not need a tutorial video.

If you are intent on doing things, you'll find your way.

Jul 8, 2023 at 4:13 PM Post #9,831 of 9,902
Anyone know where to get shorter rubber feet (QTY 4) for the PSU? I'd love for the top of the BHSE and power supply to be flush when using the rubber feet...

Jul 8, 2023 at 6:42 PM Post #9,832 of 9,902

+1 here.

Jul 9, 2023 at 9:45 AM Post #9,833 of 9,902
Jul 10, 2023 at 2:25 PM Post #9,834 of 9,902
Jul 10, 2023 at 4:31 PM Post #9,836 of 9,902
Jul 10, 2023 at 4:38 PM Post #9,837 of 9,902
I thought he needs shorter ones, than the ones Justin provided?

The BHSE rubber feet set I have has 4 long ones and 4 short ones. So they do not sit flush when next to each other.
If you buy an extra set then you can use 8 of the same height.

Ok so I confused the rubber feet and the spike feet.
Rubber feet have the same lengths. so yes he does need to find shorter feet.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2023 at 10:23 PM Post #9,838 of 9,902
Thanks. Any idea about stud length, thread diameter, or length of rubber foot? Need approx. a ~12mm reduction in height.
No idea, I have not had my feet off, ever. You might take yours off and check? or like other said send Justin an email and ask?

Jul 11, 2023 at 10:35 PM Post #9,839 of 9,902
No idea, I have not had my feet off, ever. You might take yours off and check? or like other said send Justin an email and ask?
I'll handle it. Just figured that, in 14 years since release, someone may have the info already.

Jul 15, 2023 at 11:20 AM Post #9,840 of 9,902
I have a problem with my beloved BHSE that suddenly do not work.

The 4 tubes are glowing, the 2 blue leds are glowing, but…. on all 3 input and all 2 outputs, there is on sound at all in the headphones. Even with the knob at full volume, there is not even a hiss…

I tried to change the 4 tubes ( I have different sets), but it does not help.

So, can someone help to diagnose the problem ? What should I test no ?

sincerely

Users who are viewing this thread

Back