HeadRoom shocking for internation customers
Sep 15, 2007 at 10:34 AM Post #16 of 53
Aww damn
frown.gif
..its not worth buying from HeadRoom anymore as i can get it for a similar price @ city after exchange rate.

Why do they have to use the most expensive shipping method is what i dont get

Sep 15, 2007 at 2:47 PM Post #17 of 53
Because it's secure and gets you your package in a timely fashion. Like it or not, shipping overseas (from the US) is not a cheap thing to do.

Sep 15, 2007 at 3:45 PM Post #18 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by PFKMan23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Because it's secure and gets you your package in a timely fashion. Like it or not, shipping overseas (from the US) is not a cheap thing to do.

Especially when you're a reputable company who will, if something gets lost, generally take the hit instead of your customer. With that in mind it only makes sense for Headroom to ship items via a trackable, reliable, insurable method. What's the guy on Ebay going to say when your package gets lost, damaged or otherwise? My guess, he'll say that you should have used an insurable shipping method if you were worried about it and instead of being out $20 you'll be out $170.

Sep 15, 2007 at 4:30 PM Post #19 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidw89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok heres the dilemma
They do offer paypal but supprot is REALLY damn slow (took 4 days to reply via email)
After that, they quoted me $45 USD to ship to Australia which is outrageous..i think i am gonna go somewhere else to buy now

Then emailed them again

This is freaking ridiculous..can they not get their international postage correct?
And i rekon shipping fee should be around $20 Max (like ebay)

my friend, being a fellow aussie i feel your pain

however, the cost of shipping as quoted by headroom is quite accurate

considering that it takes <1 week to travel down under and is insured and trackable it is actually how much shipping costs.

cheaper shipping methods are slower, cannot be tracked and often the option for insurance is only available with the higher level of shipping

at the end of the day, it's your risk. but joe bloe on fleabay will not accept responsibility if a package is lost/damaged. my guess is headroom choose this method of shipping because if anything happens they will look after you

on that note, i've had pretty good success with USPS first class and USPS priority international. neither are trackable or insured by default though. but it works out fairly cheap (on average ~AUD$20-30 for headphone sized parcels and only a few bucks for smaller items!) and is quick enough (within 2 weeks)

Sep 16, 2007 at 2:26 AM Post #20 of 53
Quote:

Ok heres the dilemma
They do offer paypal but supprot is REALLY damn slow (took 4 days to reply via email)
After that, they quoted me $45 USD to ship to Australia which is outrageous..i think i am gonna go somewhere else to buy now

Then emailed them again

This is freaking ridiculous..can they not get their international postage correct?
And i rekon shipping fee should be around $20 Max (like ebay)

As someone who has purchased from Headroom and other entities in the US, I can say that you are wrong. Headrooms shipping costs are pretty much the same as any from the US to Australia. There does not seem to be much variation between USPS, FedEx or anybody else.

As an exercise, go to a Australia Post shop and find out how much EMS priority to the US is for a 2kg package. You will find little variation to the cost for US to Oz. I totally concur with d-cee's post.

To use some fine Australian vernacular politely, basically you are talking through your posterior. I would trust Headroom anyday before any Joe fly-by-night eBay vendor.

As well, buying a relatively low value item such as this, which is available locally in Oz, from overseas is generally a waste of time.

I have found Headrooms customer support to be excellent with fast responses to emails.

regards
Simon

Sep 16, 2007 at 1:03 PM Post #21 of 53
Probably worth mentioning here that we have, in the past, tried a number of less costly shipping methods both domestically and internationally. It was AMAZING how many times boxes were lost or suffered from very long delays; I would guess it may have been as much as one in ten shipments.

Also, as we have looked at our combined packing and shipping costs over time we've lost money on average. At the moment I think we've managed to strike as good a balance as we can, and it's pretty much a break even proposition. We don't make any money on shipping and handling.

Sep 16, 2007 at 7:08 PM Post #23 of 53
I ordered my MicroAmp a few weeks ago. I sent a delivery quote email on Wednesday and got my Amp the next Monday.
smily_headphones1.gif

I remember my DAC was quite quick too.

Sep 16, 2007 at 8:12 PM Post #24 of 53
especially shipping to asia from the usa is very expensive.unfortunately unlike europe and the usa asia we do not have to many good brands for amps and even the websites that do are in not in english .so if i am gonna import a new amp i would be spending close to ten percent of the price on shipping and new items have a huge duty .you guys in the usa have no idea how lucky you are.more than headroom s price i fine the price for shipping quoted by hi500 for shipping the hp 1 from korea to india at $100 that outrageous.

Sep 16, 2007 at 8:23 PM Post #25 of 53
Shipping from US to anywhere else is just absurdly expensive. I wouldn't be surprised if there are secret price agreements between the major shipping companies in the US so that they essentially created a monopoly.

Sep 17, 2007 at 4:10 PM Post #26 of 53
Hi davidw49-

Thanks for your comments on shipping rates... this is indeed an on-going challenge that many smaller on-line retailers and shoppers alike have to face...
blink.gif

We have recently begun offering USPS when possible to alleviate expensive Fed-Ex shipping charges. (You will need to call us or email for a USPS quote, as it has not been integrated on our site yet.) Unfortunately we found that in many areas, USPS offers little/no savings and has a much less reliable tracking and delivery system. This varies from country to country, as the does the price, but unfortunately overall FedEx is still the better value in the long run. Fed Ex is BY FAR the most reliable, informative, and fast delivery system in our experience, hands down. While it is very expensive you've unfortunately noticed that other delivery methods are 95-100% of the cost without the excellent tracking info and timely delivery.

We do not make money on our shipping charges, in fact we are usually in the red. If there are other companies who are able to ship less expensively, they may be located in other countries or more likely they have a huge selling volume that HeadRoom is unnable to compete with. As a boutique retailer & manufacturer, we not only strive to offer great advice & service but also reliable and high qulaity delivery. Paying an extra couple dollars in shipping is worth safe & fast delivery-- and I believe the majority of our customers agree.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 17, 2007 at 4:59 PM Post #27 of 53
I honestly believe, if you're buying stuff from Headroom you're likely an Audiophile. Which is not exactly famed for being a cheap hobby, 'sorry about your wallet'...
So why moan about $40 delivery charge on a $500 item[8%]? I got taxed loads more.

Sep 17, 2007 at 5:03 PM Post #28 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chri5peed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I honestly believe, if you're buying stuff from Headroom you're likely an Audiophile. Which is not exactly famed for being a cheap hobby, 'sorry about your wallet'...
So why moan about $40 delivery charge on a $500 item[8%]? I got taxed loads more.

actually he was moaning about $45 delivery for a $59 item

Quote:

This is what i am looking to buy:
http://www.headphone.com/products/he...udio-white.php

Fair enough, i have checked ebay..same price..way cheaper postage.. (About $20)
What i don't get is if someone else can do it cheaper, then why can't you? It's not like it actually cost $45 USD to ship (you know as much as i do)

Sep 17, 2007 at 6:33 PM Post #29 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by d-cee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
actually he was moaning about $45 delivery for a $59 item

Well maybe then, but what are you doing importing a $59 item?

Besides, everyone does realise value is not the deciding factor on postage? An inflated balloon would cost loads to send.

As is Audiophilias want, you have to make your own mind up if something is worth it. I was reading a thread on a $4K power lead yesterday, it could be made to power multiple things with 1 cable though, so well worth it!
wink.gif

Sep 17, 2007 at 7:13 PM Post #30 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chri5peed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well maybe then, but what are you doing importing a $59 item?

Indeed, why import anything from anywhere? I mean if you can't get it where you live just get lost!

What kind of dumb comment is that?
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back