HISENIOR AUDIO Discussion Thread
May 1, 2024 at 8:54 AM Post #91 of 144
As someone who owns the Prestige LTD and a load of other non-EST sets, I don't know why I'm considering splashing out another USD500+ on the M5E....

We'll actually the idea of getting the Oracle OG brought me here.

I'm curious about the oracle OG but i don't feel like getting another Thieaudio (I also have the Hype 4).

The M5E and oracle OG have the same configuration and graph quite similarly through the lower and upper mids and upper. It seems to vary between measurements in the bass and treble regions.

Here are a few squig comparisons I've picked out.

1000080593.jpg1000080596.jpg1000080598.jpg1000080600.jpg

Has anyone been able to compare these in real life and can comment on stage, imaging, impact, resolution between the two?

At the moment it seems like a choice between hype train Vs the tried and tested.

Or should I just save my money and enjoy the other 10 iems already competing for eartime?

Any comparisons between the M5E and the Prestige LTD or Hype 4 would also be very welcome and helpful!

Thanks in advance.
I know theres a current hype for the M5E, but its been a very good iem for quite a while, it just didn't get much recognition until Listener and then DMS reviewed it.

Also, some of those graphs are from the OG M5E I believe, pretty positive that the ones that look like Elise's definitely is.

I have the M5E also have the MMK3, but not the hype4 unfortunately. Never heard the Oracle either.

May 1, 2024 at 10:02 AM Post #92 of 144
I know theres a current hype for the M5E, but its been a very good iem for quite a while, it just didn't get much recognition until Listener and then DMS reviewed it.

Also, some of those graphs are from the OG M5E I believe, pretty positive that the ones that look like Elise's definitely is.

I have the M5E also have the MMK3, but not the hype4 unfortunately. Never heard the Oracle either.
Very good to know that the tuning nhas changed. It's not very clear from the naming. Thank you.

BGGAR reviewed it recently and his graph is the most different to the oracle in the upper frequencies but very similar in the bass... So the "new" M5E should actually be quite warm compared to the oracle on that reading.

This leaves me no closer to a decision but I'm listening to my Hype 4 right now. (PUNCHY). I'll carry on and see if anyone else can add their thoughts.

May 1, 2024 at 10:30 AM Post #94 of 144
I see a few comments here mentioning the Mega5EST is a version 2. How does one differentiate between the newer and older versions?

I'm looking at this one from AliExpress but have no idea this is the supposed newer one?
So it is a bit confusing but they retuned it amongst other changes and improvements. They then released the revised m5e 2.0 as an anniversary edition (the blue one you linked which I also have).

The 1.0 was clear shell with a colourful fp. However you can now get the 2.0 with the stock 1.0/ OG design too.

So, It’s pretty safe to say that if you buy a new m5e now, it should always be the 2.0 variant.

The 2.0 comes with the white whale cable too. The 1.0 / OG m5e didn’t.

If it’s the blue one, then it will be the revised 2.0 without question anyway, as that design and edition came with the release of the 2.0 variant.

If it’s a clear shell design then the cable it comes with will be the easiest way to know.

Last edited:
May 1, 2024 at 10:39 AM Post #95 of 144
Very good to know that the tuning nhas changed. It's not very clear from the naming. Thank you.

BGGAR reviewed it recently and his graph is the most different to the oracle in the upper frequencies but very similar in the bass... So the "new" M5E should actually be quite warm compared to the oracle on that reading.

This leaves me no closer to a decision but I'm listening to my Hype 4 right now. (PUNCHY). I'll carry on and see if anyone else can add their thoughts.
Yeah hbb reviewed the anniversary edition (2.0).

The hype 4 is similar to mmk3 so I can say the bass is better on the mmk3, and overall I do prefer it to the M5E, but that’s to be expected really, as I paid £400 for the M5E, whereas the MMK3 cost me £1k. The M5E is an awesome iem for the price and my favourite south of £1k.

It’s so well tuned and balanced and yeah kind of a neutral- warm signature due to the quite relaxed pina/ear gain and decent amount of bass. It also has nice extension both ends.

but to get back to your point about if it’s worth buying if we assume the h4 has same bass presentation as MMK3, then I can tell you that the M5E has less bass quantity. I also feel that the MMK3 bass is better (although m5e is no slouch).

Last edited:
May 1, 2024 at 11:40 AM Post #97 of 144
The hype 4 is similar to mmk3 so I can say the bass is better on the mmk3, and overall I do prefer it to the M5E, but that’s to be expected really, as I paid £400 for the M5E, whereas the MMK3 cost me £1k.
Could you be justifying the 1K Monarch MKIII buy? :relaxed:. Many reviewers are saying Mega5EST smokes a lot of IEMs all the way to $2K. This IEM is disrupting the market.

FYI, it's not necessarily "to be expected" that something more expensive sounds better.

Look at the disruption Monarch Mk1 and 2, Moondrop Variations etc. caused to IEM's from $700 to $6000. From Anole VX (Which I owned and sold after hearing Monarch) to Oriolus Triallii.

Hisenior is onto something amazing for the money, and I am happy for them and my wallet.

Last edited:
May 1, 2024 at 12:41 PM Post #99 of 144
Could you be justifying the 1K Monarch MKIII buy? :relaxed:. Many reviewers are saying Mega5EST smokes a lot of IEMs all the way to $2K. This IEM is disrupting the market.

FYI, it's not necessarily "to be expected" that something more expensive sounds better.

Look at the disruption Monarch Mk1 and 2, Moondrop Variations etc. caused to IEM's from $700 to $6000. From Anole VX (Which I owned and sold after hearing Monarch) to Oriolus Triallii.

Hisenior is onto something amazing for the money, and I am happy for them and my wallet.
Well the revised version has been
out for over a year now. So it’s not disrupting the market, DMS’ review has.

It is a great iem though and I’m pleased it’s getting it’s just deserved praise, after being a bit of a hidden gem for so long.

May 1, 2024 at 3:00 PM Post #101 of 144
Same as my friend @Danx3k say, very nice and see the love Mega5EST is getting now. I am also happy for Hisenior, they deserve some good exposure.

DMS do say very specifically that the IEM is perfect for him, might not be the same for everyone. I love mine, getting almost daily use.
Still this might not be true for everyone, people shouldn't go in expecting this to beat every set out there.

DSCF4322.jpg

Last edited:
May 1, 2024 at 11:39 PM Post #104 of 144
Jumped on the hype train and placed my order. Looking forward for a great tuning! Will post my impressions and comparisons with mest MK2,prestige ltd , variations if there is interest.
Just remember to toss the stock tips, they are very very bad....
Also, the Mega5 EST is quite inefficient, need a bit of power to bring out it's full potential.

May 1, 2024 at 11:43 PM Post #105 of 144
Ah right, I wouldn’t personally use a dongle for full size headphones, but each to their own.

You’re referring to azla xelastics (or clear) they’re not the same as sednaearfits at all.
Can't have a desktop DAC/AMP setup at the ofice cube. The boss will not like that...

Thanks for the explanation of the different Azla tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back