iFi Audio GO Bar Kensei... The Ultimate GO Bar Has Arrived!
May 3, 2024 at 4:18 PM Post #288 of 310
Hi everyone,

since my IEMs have these specs, impedance 19 ohm and sensitivity 112 dB/mW, do you think there will be hissing without iematch? I would mostly use the 4.4mm Balanced output.

Does anyone know how many mA it draws when connected to a source (smartphone) ?

If the Kensei is fundamentally the same as the standard Go Bar in terms of basic amplification circuitry, and I believe it is, you will definitely hear hiss with those IEM, especially out of the 4.4mm jack.

May 3, 2024 at 7:39 PM Post #289 of 310
May 3, 2024 at 8:57 PM Post #291 of 310
Getting maximum value I see XD
I don’t know, and certainly others might “season to taste” each track, but this sound signature suits me pretty well, unless the IEM or headphone is already overly dark, in which case I might disable XBass+…

May 3, 2024 at 9:33 PM Post #292 of 310
I don’t know, and certainly others might “season to taste” each track, but this sound signature suits me pretty well, unless the IEM or headphone is already overly dark, in which case I might disable XBass+…
I usually only use the XBass myself and rarely the XSpace

May 3, 2024 at 9:47 PM Post #293 of 310
I usually only use the XBass myself and rarely the XSpace

XSpace is a version of cross feed.

It is a really dramatic improvement on some tracks and largely pointless on others.

Have a listen to the start of Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden switching XSpace on and off and its effect is really obvious. I imagine that song was put together on speakers and the first 15 seconds sounds awful on headphones.

May 4, 2024 at 2:37 AM Post #294 of 310
Great review! Matches my observations, except I would give the Kensei the edge over the RU7 if I had to pick only one. I find myself enabling XBass+, XSpace, and K2HD almost all the time which makes all the difference :)
Thanks. After a certain point, it is a matter of subtle, subjective preferences, especially when we talk about such excellent performers.

May 13, 2024 at 8:04 AM Post #300 of 310
Now people have had their GB Kensei for awhile can anyone let me know how you get on with EMI interference from swapping mobile phone cell towers? I notice on train journeys with my KA5 they suffer a lot from interference when the iPhone switches masts… the iFi sales pitch mentions:
  • Precision stainless-steel enclosure for EMI shielding
So hoping this is not an issue with the GBK…

Also will the leather cases available for the units available third part for the OG fit this one? ie same led positions and physical size between the original vs the Kensei…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back