Interesting machine from Luxury n Precision
Apr 30, 2024 at 8:57 PM Post #3,976 of 4,025
I understand from a friend who was at the Shanghai show a few weeks back and was chatting with Wan. Apparently the new LP amp, the EA4, will have the same feature. :)

May 1, 2024 at 4:42 PM Post #3,977 of 4,025
I understand from a friend who was at the Shanghai show a few weeks back and was chatting with Wan. Apparently the new LP amp, the EA4, will have the same feature. :)
For my understanding, in E7, the OP amp voltage adjustment in LPF might not impact like the final LO/PO output voltage such as gains.

Usually it is hardware tuning for the OP amp in LPF section during the hardware design. It is quite a new genius for LP to make it possible to alter from the software level. From Wan's suggestion, it would help test with chemistry with IEMs especially those have high sensitivity to 'control' power from source.

I guess the EA4 might not have this design available, as LPF is usually under DAC process(eg, LP put LPF before their LO output) instead of AMP section, and not easy to hear obvious and noticeable change for a variety of IEMs.

May 1, 2024 at 5:00 PM Post #3,978 of 4,025
For my understanding, in E7, the OP amp voltage adjustment in LPF might not impact like the final LO/PO output voltage such as gains.

Usually it is hardware tuning for the OP amp in LPF section during the hardware design. It is quite a new genius for LP to make it possible to alter from the software level. From Wan's suggestion, it would help test with chemistry with IEMs especially those have high sensitivity to 'control' power from source.

I guess the EA4 might not have this design available, as LPF is usually under DAC process(eg, LP put LPF before their LO output) instead of AMP section, and not easy to hear obvious and noticeable change for a variety of IEMs.
If I read up on EA4 correctly, it has option to be either current or voltage out, with ability you adjust output voltage and adjust of class A type (Class AB, class AA all the way to class A).

May 4, 2024 at 9:27 PM Post #3,980 of 4,025
No sight of the E7 over here in Singapore yet. Though Wan has assured me that the shipment of E7 went out before May Day. Good news is it will be with the latest FW. :)

Hopefully there are no delays and stock reaches Jaben Singapore this week. Usually, HK receives their stocks a few days prior to Singapore.

Last edited:
May 4, 2024 at 10:42 PM Post #3,981 of 4,025
No sight of the E7 over here in Singapore yet. Though Wan has assured me that the shipment of E7 went out before May Day. Good news is it will be with the latest FW. :)

Hopefully there are no delays and stock reaches Jaben Singapore this week. Usually, HK receives their stocks a few days prior to Singapore.
It's in HK already I believe.:)

May 4, 2024 at 11:18 PM Post #3,982 of 4,025
May 5, 2024 at 2:35 PM Post #3,987 of 4,025
The writing is in Chinese on the box so I can’t tell. Do you have a picture of the box or the firmware of a HK Edition? Sorry to be a bother but I’m looking for a used model and it’s not easy to figure out what’s what. Thank you again for answering.

May 5, 2024 at 2:40 PM Post #3,988 of 4,025
The writing is in Chinese on the box so I can’t tell. Do you have a picture of the box or the firmware of a HK Edition? Sorry to be a bother but I’m looking for a used model and it’s not easy to figure out what’s what. Thank you again for answering.
Unfortunately I don’t have it anymore, but “HK edition” was in English, among the rest of the Chinese lettering. If it doesn’t say that, then I believe it’s a “regular” P6Pro.

Edit: look here for the system info on the HK edition:

https://forum.munkonggadget.com/detail.php?id=313002

Last edited:
May 5, 2024 at 5:15 PM Post #3,989 of 4,025
Unfortunately I don’t have it anymore, but “HK edition” was in English, among the rest of the Chinese lettering. If it doesn’t say that, then I believe it’s a “regular” P6Pro.

Awesome. I see how it’s on the firmware. This was what I needed to know. Thanks for the help.

May 5, 2024 at 6:23 PM Post #3,990 of 4,025

This reminds me, I'm considering sending my P6 Pro in to L&P at some point for a battery replacement and know the HK & Ti versions have more powerful op-amps.

I wonder if L&P can upgrade the stock P6 Pro's op-amps as a service? It'd be interesting to learn how much sonic difference they make.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back