Quote:

Originally Posted by Necrolic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Still didn't get mine
frown.gif

Darn you customs!

Still haven't used mine
frown.gif

Darn you Chinese New Year!

They are sitting pretty on a hook next to my desk, though. The owner of my room before me was kind enough to leave half a dozen plastic hooks glued in random places. One folded napkin for cushioning so as not to hurt the headband, and they make for perfect headphone hangers. In perfect view from the window too, so everyone gets to admire them. I just have to be careful they aren't stolen while I'm in the bathroom!

Mar 3, 2010 at 10:31 AM Post #35 of 70
from headphone.com right?

I ordered a set of grado 225i at $150.00 from then with next day shipping for an extra 25$

ill have them today. I was so happy i almost cried at that price.

Mar 3, 2010 at 8:28 PM Post #36 of 70
SOLD (in about 3 minutes)!

Well, after burning the HF2's in for over 72 hours now, and listening with all kinds of different music from my library, I've decided these are not the cans for me. They suit rock music, electronic, trance, hiphop, and generally really dense, dynamic music very well, and are rich and full in the midrange, and a whole lot of fun. They seem to be all about tone and richness to my ears. I value other qualities and feel I will not reach for these enough to justify the cost. Those musical genres are also largely lacking in my library and I don't really listen to any of them much.

So, rather than trying to get a big return on the investment right off, I'm going to offer these first of all, in respect to Todd's gesture, back to the community at what I paid + shipping. For a limited time I will offer back to a Head-fi member. I would like to offer them exclusively to those who tried and failed to get one on that fateful Monday morning, but honestly that would be a tricky thing to prove since the thread has been removed. I am threfore just posting this to the B-stock threads in the hopes that someone who tried and failed may see it. I'm sorry, but due to past experience in International shipping I will not take that risk - CONUS only. If they don't sell in a few days here I will move them to the general FS forum and or fleabay and will mark them up a bit to compensate me for the 3 hours I spent hovering over my computer that Monday morning. So use my email link ONLY as I will get your email directly in a time-sensitive order. I will not answer PM's on this so please don't PM me as it's too much to keep track of. I'm just going to sell them to the first one who reaches me. The price is $357.50 + shipping + 4% if you use PayPal. I'll post this on a couple of the B-stock threads to give it plenty of exposure to those who may have missed out. I do hope this works as the gesture with which it is intended instead of creating a zoo as the sale did. Mine are #559. Good luck!

Mar 4, 2010 at 1:38 PM Post #37 of 70
I receivd my headphones and the only thing i see is that the writng on one of the cans looks a little blurier then on the other can. I would take a picture but alresdy sent them and my 325's off to Grado to have my Black Dragon swaped onto the HF2's.

Mar 6, 2010 at 2:11 PM Post #39 of 70
Grado quoted me $100 to switch my Black Dragon off the 325's onto the HF2's and put the HF2's cable on th 325's, plus replace a pastic driver housing because someone messed it up wih a heat gun. the price icludes shipping back.I thought it was a fare price

Mar 7, 2010 at 10:55 PM Post #40 of 70
I received mine two days ago and I can say that they are my favourite can so far, currently I have the RS1 and its much more bright which put the details more at front and they are more easily noticeable which its extremely fatigueting after sometime and the tone in the HF2 are more musically enjoyable, that's just how it sounds to me.
Happy customer, Thanks Todd
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 12, 2010 at 6:21 PM Post #41 of 70
can anyone confirm the pads on the hf2s are somewhat smaller then the normal pads that come on grados. I let them soak in fabric softner for a few minutes last week. They just seem to hurt my ears. I have small blisters from wearing them. I had 325is, rs1is at one point and they never hurt my ears the way these are now. i have jumbos to switch between, but i like the smaller pad sound.

Mar 12, 2010 at 8:46 PM Post #43 of 70
ok, i dont know if the fabric softner messed them up. My ears rub the inside grill and never have before. Might need to order another pair and leave them alone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheemo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looking at my bowl pads from the HF2 and RS1 they are identical.

Mar 15, 2010 at 11:20 PM Post #44 of 70
Well I got my pair ~2 days ago. Appearance, a little discolouring on the right cups' housing and some visible glue inside.

I'm trying to figure out how to use this camera, so here's what I ended up with after awhile

picogradohf2.png
[/url][/IMG]

gradohf2pico.png
[/url][/IMG]

Mar 15, 2010 at 11:51 PM Post #45 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheemo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looking at my bowl pads from the HF2 and RS1 they are identical.

Yes. There is only one version of the L-cushion pads available, as is the case with all of the other Grado pad models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back