KINERA | QOA Discussion Thread
Sep 25, 2022 at 9:27 AM Post #31 of 128
that's interesting.
I was wondering why KZ representative was calling it a "voice coil".
Which isn't accurate either, but it's an interesting and quite smart way to use the same coil concept as a "planar".
Considering the result for the price, and the fact that Kinera hasn't been directly calling the driver a "planar" or even tried to sell the Gumiho as the cheapest planar on the market, I don't want to blame them here for being a bit misleading in their promo.
I also can understand why KZ might have been a bit annoyed by this, but that doesn't excuse their representative behavior.
Honestly, I did get the Gumiho out of curiosity for an "under $50 planar", but it not being strictly speaking the same technology as the other planar doesn't bother me that much, as the results speak for themselves.
That is a nice curve ball that Kinera threw, here, and it might give the competition new ideas around their "version" of a planar driver.

Sep 25, 2022 at 9:58 AM Post #32 of 128
that's interesting.
I was wondering why KZ representative was calling it a "voice coil".
Which isn't accurate either, but it's an interesting and quite smart way to use the same coil concept as a "planar".
Considering the result for the price, and the fact that Kinera hasn't been directly calling the driver a "planar" or even tried to sell the Gumiho as the cheapest planar on the market, I don't want to blame them here for being a bit misleading in their promo.
I also can understand why KZ might have been a bit annoyed by this, but that doesn't excuse their representative behavior.
Honestly, I did get the Gumiho out of curiosity for an "under $50 planar", but it not being strictly speaking the same technology as the other planar doesn't bother me that much, as the results speak for themselves.
That is a nice curve ball that Kinera threw, here, and it might give the competition new ideas around their "version" of a planar driver.
I spent these two days with the GUMIHO.

One of the first thing I wrote on my future review, its the "special" bass presentation it has. It less dry than the S12, and has more decay.

This could be the explanation for that

Sep 26, 2022 at 6:04 AM Post #33 of 128
Some photos of the driver
Courtesy of @HiFri
1664186566781.jpg
Traditional Planar driver Vs CELEST

1664186562526.jpg

Back and front

Sep 27, 2022 at 1:48 AM Post #34 of 128
I spent these two days with the GUMIHO.

One of the first thing I wrote on my future review, its the "special" bass presentation it has. It less dry than the S12, and has more decay.

This could be the explanation for that
Well, if this new transducer technology is easier to produce, with consistent results and proves great then this could be very good for the industry at large.

Sep 27, 2022 at 6:39 AM Post #35 of 128
Well, if this new transducer technology is easier to produce, with consistent results and proves great then this could be very good for the industry at large.

Well, its a cheaper way to get a "kind of" planar sound.

It has his own personality, having more body and less rumble than s12 for example. The technical perfomance is over-average, but considered the price bracket we are talking about, for me, its a no brainer right now.

Like I said some post ago, it needs some amplification, a dongle via 3.5mm couldn't be enough

Oct 26, 2022 at 6:01 PM Post #40 of 128
Interesting thread! My QoA Vesper should arrive next week. Looking forward to listen to these emeralds and their reported bassy, warm yet detailed enough signature. Love this green color…

38F53BF4-48CA-4D15-8E4A-4A2AD6A6C089.jpeg

Oct 27, 2022 at 6:04 AM Post #41 of 128
Interesting thread! My QoA Vesper should arrive next week. Looking forward to listen to these emeralds and their reported bassy, warm yet detailed enough signature. Love this green color…

38F53BF4-48CA-4D15-8E4A-4A2AD6A6C089.jpeg
These were my first Kinera (qoa) pair.
A darker funny bass iem. Maybe the high pitch couls be a little bit agressive, but people says the new version is softer.

Let us know your impressions! 🤙

Nov 5, 2022 at 1:51 PM Post #42 of 128
Got the Vesper today. They sound warm and cozy out of the box, although there is a slight presence of hardness in the treble section. Nothing bad. A typical slight V-shaped signature. They need some 🔥-in.

Nothing to rave or to rant about soundwise, but at USD 55.-, it’s a very solid proposition with a nice faux-leather hard case, a very good stock cable (!) and ergonomic/qualitative tips. The Vesper also look beautiful.

There surely is a wide audience for such a signature and high quality accessories.

Good stuff👍

8A978DF7-C714-4BB4-921A-A1D35B73E037.jpeg

Nov 6, 2022 at 2:55 PM Post #43 of 128
After 30 hours non-stop 🔥-in, the Vesper open up a bit, the hardness in the treble section remains, though. I see the Vesper as being a budget slight V-shaped crowdpleaser. Well done QoA.

Nov 7, 2022 at 3:52 AM Post #44 of 128
After 30 hours non-stop 🔥-in, the Vesper open up a bit, the hardness in the treble section remains, though. I see the Vesper as being a budget slight V-shaped crowdpleaser. Well done QoA.
For a 50 dollar range, avoiding the excess on the upper part, u get a lovely dark-relaxed bass. Also the fit, build and packaging are excellent.

Really hard to find a contender on that price range. Glad u like it, it was my first Kinera, since them all Ive bought put this brand on the top of my favourites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back