Let's talk Psytrance and Goa...
May 3, 2009 at 9:59 PM Post #122 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by HippieTom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
4'sho
smily_headphones1.gif
I remember when i heard Travelling At The Speed Of Thought track first time. Damn that was awesome. I like the Scizoeffective and Minusman album most. Very good. And very deep and dark atmosphere.
Have you heard Dark Nebula - Dreamfuel album? or Battle Of The Future Buddhas - Demonoizer? ) They are great dark albums that hypnotize me...

Another great Dub/experimental album is Capsula - Synthesis of Reality. Full of acoustic guitars and flutes, nice drums and many cool sounds and twist. Its a great album to sit back and just dream away
smily_headphones1.gif
. Its not just good, its superb with an big T.
here is one of the tracks:Capsula only track i found from this cd on youtube not the best but sure one of them.

I'll check that stuff out. I have heard battle of the future buddhas (I remember thinking the name was so awesome I had to check it out), but I can't really recall the sound. I really like the more dubby stuff (Shpongle/Ott) now so I'll definitely check out Capsula.

Cheers!
tongue_smile.gif

May 4, 2009 at 1:18 AM Post #123 of 195
Capsula caught my ear with their track Golden Orb on the comp Soul Vibration II (an awesome comp that I completely reccomend)

Synthesis of Reality is a good album for sure
smily_headphones1.gif

May 4, 2009 at 2:12 PM Post #124 of 195
This is kinda off topic but, have any of you heard that Easy Star All stars - "Dub Side of the Moon" album (total dub remake of dark side of the moon)? So tight. It's not psytrance, but you talking about dub stuff reminded me how awesome it is.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 4, 2009 at 5:48 PM Post #126 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by lifesundeath /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have heard battle of the future buddhas (I remember thinking the name was so awesome I had to check it out), but I can't really recall the sound.

I hated the album to start with. but i put it on some years later and now its one of my best Mood enhancers cds.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xantus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Capsula caught my ear with their track Golden Orb on the comp Soul Vibration II (an awesome comp that I completely reccomend)

Synthesis of Reality is a good album for sure
smily_headphones1.gif

I have not heard those comp cds. Looks very good so must check em out
smile_phones.gif

Quote:

This is kinda off topic but, have any of you heard that Easy Star All stars - "Dub Side of the Moon" album (total dub remake of dark side of the moon)? So tight. It's not psytrance, but you talking about dub stuff reminded me how awesome it is.
smily_headphones1.gif

Hey, sounds interesting. Will check it out
normal_smile .gif

May 5, 2009 at 10:14 PM Post #127 of 195
Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah! That's badass! I missed them when they just rolled through town, though
frown.gif

May 5, 2009 at 10:21 PM Post #128 of 195
HippieTom: Saw you posted about SynSUN...out of these three albums available on emusic, which would you recommend?:

Symphonic Adventures
Unstoppable
We Are The World

...Have you checked out Salmonella Dub yet?

May 6, 2009 at 3:46 AM Post #130 of 195
I can't remember whos post I read that recommended Shpongle but thanks. It's pretty incredible and I'm not really even in to electronic stuff. Ever since I got these d7000 I've been craving bass and texture and it hits the spot.

May 6, 2009 at 4:10 AM Post #131 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brando /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't remember whos post I read that recommended Shpongle but thanks. It's pretty incredible and I'm not really even in to electronic stuff. Ever since I got these d7000 I've been craving bass and texture and it hits the spot.

I envy you getting to listen to Shpongle for the first time...those were some great experiences man.
wink.gif

May 6, 2009 at 3:34 PM Post #132 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by sisenor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HippieTom: Saw you posted about SynSUN...out of these three albums available on emusic, which would you recommend?:

Symphonic Adventures
Unstoppable
We Are The World

...Have you checked out Salmonella Dub yet?

I would take We are the world cd. 2 killer tracks there(crystal mountain and Future people IMO).
You can download a good load of their album on their hompage SynSUN Official Web Page . Try out V/A Compilation Tracks,Symphonic Adventures and the more ambient Synsun - Another Side of Sun. All with some really good songs on all of them.

BUT, if you like pure goatrance you Must check out older Synsun: Synsun - The Sounds Of Cosmic Lifeforms and Synsun - Zelur Project Albums. True goa classics but pretty rare. Here is one of my favorites from the past
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

And yes i have almost checked Salmonella Dub out. I have the Killervision and One Drop East album on my disk waiting for me. Just so busy these days so not much quality time... are they good albums i got?

May 6, 2009 at 4:13 PM Post #133 of 195
Now im going off-topic. Any Hocico fans here? They got some great synth melodies in their songs and really get their soul out in the music. Very hard and rough most time but i like it and they have some beautiful calm tracks too.

One simple but very nice song: Hocico - Angry eyes on Mexico city i get so cold at 3min.

If you never heard about them try out Hocico - Sangre Hirviente. Very good album. You may be very facinated by this music like i did first time. i got so addicted to Hocico for a long time and still think they are WooW.
Here is ANOTHER great song that shows better what Hocico sound like
Hocico - Espinas Del Mal
L3000.gif

May 6, 2009 at 9:09 PM Post #134 of 195
Wow i didn't know this one (Hocico), sounds very nice.
I like the indus and dark feeling to his melodies.. at least the ones in your links.
I'll definitly check his albums, thanks for mentioning this band!

May 6, 2009 at 9:39 PM Post #135 of 195
Great Isao. Then i think you will love that cd. They got very much good music. And 2 sideprojects
wink.gif
:

Dulce Liquido - Anticristianos

Rabia Sorda - Walking on Nails

But Hocico is with no doubt were the "soul" is with some exceptions. I really like the baroque style in many of their songs.

But BeAware! They got ALOT of good music on their cds.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back