Look! MOONDROP's First HiFi Smartphone, MIAD01
May 14, 2024 at 2:53 AM Post #196 of 203
May 16, 2024 at 10:58 AM Post #199 of 203
Could be - let's see how Moondrop responds.

There should be a status bar or similar at the top of the screen showing the bit depth and sampling rate to ensure we are achieving bit perfect hi-res playback. All decent DAPs have this feature.

Also, I think the level of noise on the 3.5mm output is unacceptable for a device marketed towards hifi customers.

However, the balanced output is very good. @Audiosentinel made an excellent video (see above).

In other testing news:

I tried Niagara Launcher instead of the stock launcher and it works ok but the gesture and navigation buttons don't function.

Google Maps still doesn't work after activating google services and using the new firmware.

My impression after a week of using the device is that it is a below average 3.5mm audio player, fair to middling 4.4mm audio player and quite frustrating to use as a phone.
I found the only way to keep gestures working is you can't restart the phone. You start with there launcher switch to whichever you want set it as default close everything and go from there.

May 16, 2024 at 8:19 PM Post #200 of 203
Yes, but it's hard not to restart the phone as the battery totally drains to 0% every time it remains unused....

I feel this is the sort of thing that should be handed out to 100 users for vigorous User Acceptance Testing before wider release.

It's a great idea, sadly the implementation is less than half acceptable.

Last edited:
May 16, 2024 at 10:37 PM Post #201 of 203
I was really intent on buying this piece of tech, but with the recent developments, it's unable to src bypass. What does @MOONDROP have to say about this? They've been particularly absent and silent.

I'll probably just stick to my Hiby R4 for now.
Yes, I was also intending to buy this phone. The lack of information, verified or acknowledged and backed by Moondrop is somewhat telling. Makes me nervous at best.
Was really hoping to escape the Apple Valley…

May 17, 2024 at 11:46 AM Post #202 of 203
Yes, I was also intending to buy this phone. The lack of information, verified or acknowledged and backed by Moondrop is somewhat telling. Makes me nervous at best.
Was really hoping to escape the Apple Valley…
Continue to using this phone after a few weeks. Have not experienced any bugs and the flexibility of this unit is really sweet.

May 17, 2024 at 4:59 PM Post #203 of 203
Continue to using this phone after a few weeks. Have not experienced any bugs and the flexibility of this unit is really sweet.
Nice to hear. Who is your carrier? And is the issue of the src bypass evident or missing? Thx!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back