Look! MOONDROP's First HiFi Smartphone, MIAD01
May 7, 2024 at 1:59 PM Post #168 of 205
From what I've read there seem to be incompatibilities with UAPP or am I wrong?

May 7, 2024 at 10:45 PM Post #171 of 205
From what I've read there seem to be incompatibilities with UAPP or am I wrong?

By incompatibility do you mean it's not working properly in some way or just not working at all?

I'm comparing the MIAD01 to my LG V50 and Sony XPeria 10 V.

Upon installing UAPP on all three devices (I've done a clean install for the purposes of this test):

1. LG V50: UAPP detects the hi-res internal DAC and prompts for the user to play music using the hi-res dac.
  2. Sony XPeria 10 V: UAPP does not detect the hi-res internal DAC and prompts to use the android driver.
  3. MIAD01: UAPP does not detect the hi-res internal DAC and instead prompts to use the android driver.
In cases #2 and #3 above we are able to select the following option:

uapp screen shot.jpg

This then allows the user to continue playing and it is possible to choose bit-perfect output as well.

I do not know if this is simply because the UAPP developers haven't added these devices to their database of hi-res cabable internal DAC phones.

If anyone has suggestions of other android music player applications which might be worth testing I am happy to carry out these tests as well.

May 8, 2024 at 9:18 AM Post #172 of 205
By incompatibility do you mean it's not working properly in some way or just not working at all?

I'm comparing the MIAD01 to my LG V50 and Sony XPeria 10 V.

Upon installing UAPP on all three devices (I've done a clean install for the purposes of this test):

1. LG V50: UAPP detects the hi-res internal DAC and prompts for the user to play music using the hi-res dac.
  2. Sony XPeria 10 V: UAPP does not detect the hi-res internal DAC and prompts to use the android driver.
  3. MIAD01: UAPP does not detect the hi-res internal DAC and instead prompts to use the android driver.
In cases #2 and #3 above we are able to select the following option:

uapp screen shot.jpg

This then allows the user to continue playing and it is possible to choose bit-perfect output as well.

I do not know if this is simply because the UAPP developers haven't added these devices to their database of hi-res cabable internal DAC phones.

If anyone has suggestions of other android music player applications which might be worth testing I am happy to carry out these tests as well.
My question arose from the fact that UAPP had often shown problems with devices equipped with a Mediatek processor (recently a friend of mine had found difficulties with a tablet that was equipped with a Mediatek processor), so I have always opted for LG V series smartphones that are equipped with processors Snapdragon and which, over time, have never shown any problems with UAPP. That's all, thanks for the reply.

May 8, 2024 at 12:04 PM Post #173 of 205
My question arose from the fact that UAPP had often shown problems with devices equipped with a Mediatek processor (recently a friend of mine had found difficulties with a tablet that was equipped with a Mediatek processor), so I have always opted for LG V series smartphones that are equipped with processors Snapdragon and which, over time, have never shown any problems with UAPP. That's all, thanks for the reply.
Moondrop webpage says that the audio output bypasses Android SRC. How does UAPP handle that? Is "Android Driver" the only, but correct hi-res audio output for an Android 13 device where SRC bypass has been implemented?

May 8, 2024 at 12:08 PM Post #174 of 205
Moondrop webpage says that the audio output bypasses Android SRC. How does UAPP handle that? Is "Android Driver" the only, but correct hi-res audio output for an Android 13 device where SRC bypass has been implemented?
If this were really the case, it would be the only Android device that can also run Amazon HD in bit perfect to be able to truly appreciate their tracks in maximum definition... will it really be like this??? We await confirmation...

May 8, 2024 at 12:29 PM Post #176 of 205
I will test it - please outline the process.
The Amazon HD app on all Android devices is unable to route the data flow directly to the DAC which is therefore resampled by Android and in fact during playback it reads 48kz (Android resampling and consequent loss of bit perfect). If Moondrop managed to bypass this resampling, the Amazon HD app should report the native frequency of the track being played and therefore it would be bit perfect at maximum resolution. That's all. :wink:

May 8, 2024 at 12:32 PM Post #177 of 205
Connect a dongle to the miad that has a display that shows the sample rate, and see what it displays.

May 9, 2024 at 6:34 AM Post #178 of 205
@atechreviews can you try installing UAPP on the phone?
If UAPP reports the HW is not supported - try contacting the (SUPER responsive and nice) UAPP developer. When I got the iBasso DX260 DAP, it was not supported by UAPP... 2 days later - I had a beta version from him that worked like a charm. shortly thereafter, he released an official version WITH added DX260 support! He is a great guy.
100% agree, Davy the app developer responds personally and promptly, ahd has for me always provided a solution with, as you have quoted, an individual beta version if required before incorporating it in the official app and updating for all

May 9, 2024 at 12:45 PM Post #179 of 205
Thanks - I've messaged Davy from USB AUDIO PLAYER PRO with the MIAD01 config files and he wrote back saying that there is No Hires Direct mode.
So I assume there is some resampling happening @MOONDROP ?

On the more positive side, a new firmware has just been released which includes a (very basic) music control panel. There are not many functions, but it is a good start.

May 9, 2024 at 1:28 PM Post #180 of 205
I've messaged Davy from USB AUDIO PLAYER PRO with the MIAD01 config files and he wrote back saying that there is No Hires Direct mode.
So I assume there is some resampling happening @MOONDROP ?
Hopefully we get a clarification from Davy on what that means...
When you're playing music with UAPP, what does it display for sample rate etc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back