Look! MOONDROP's First HiFi Smartphone, MIAD01
Apr 30, 2024 at 12:21 AM Post #136 of 203
OK will do - I notice sometimes UAPP doesn't always detect a hi-res dac when it is advertised by the phone manufacturer.

For example, on my Sony Xperia 10 V although the phone is advertised as having hi-res, UAPP doesn't detect it at all. Is there any other way of knowing for certain?
Just give it a try and see if UAPP gives error message or not.
My guess is UAPP won't recognize the DAC, but the developer can (likely) add support in a pinch.

Apr 30, 2024 at 11:19 AM Post #138 of 203
A mixture and blend of all in one can only be so good. It won’t be anywhere as technologically advanced as dedicated DAP. Simply forms to spaces being limited while cramping in too many features.

If anyone is more serious about portable hi-fi, going the route of Dedicated high end DAP or dedicate Stack is going to be much more of a performers just based on technological points of views.

This will be for people who always loved having IPod or IPhones but a step upward. However, as I said, while phones have no jacks. This one is not only low priced , but also have all kind of jacks you would desires

Like someone mentioned above, smartphone markets are not easy. Even Sony and Xperia are ways behind. Depends a lot on firmwares and UI
hell good 2 or 300 dollar dongles are gonna kick this things ass full stop

Apr 30, 2024 at 11:52 AM Post #140 of 203
Apr 30, 2024 at 11:54 AM Post #141 of 203
Sometimes, since the phone manufacturers buy up all the supply, the integrated DAC/amp chips aren't available, as I understand things. Ditto good camera modules, faster processors, etc.
That and for some components there’s a minimum buy amount. I just don’t think Moondrop has the buying power for some of the better components out there.

doesn't even really sit with dongles w4 m15 fc6 ru7 are gonna destroy this thing
When have they ever competed with those dongles? Have you seen the Dawn?

Apr 30, 2024 at 2:27 PM Post #142 of 203
If this phone had midrange, flagship killer specs and a higher end dac, or some special or interesting audio system r2r, 1 bit, something like that, then it would really appeal to me but it just looks like a low specced phone with an affordable dac inside. I think you can get a better and fully compatible android phone with a better [usb portable] dac for the same price or even cheaper…

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2024 at 2:46 PM Post #143 of 203
So dual CS43131... I imagine it's a choice to reduce consumption and be able to use their internal amplification.
I rather like the 43131 if implemented properly, has potential to sound really enjoyable. I'm awaiting impressions on the sound though and how much/deep china is "monitoring" the usage.

Apr 30, 2024 at 2:54 PM Post #144 of 203
hell good 2 or 300 dollar dongles are gonna kick this things ass full stop
Give me one $200 or $300 dongle that's capable of making phone calls, please I need one...🤠😉

Apr 30, 2024 at 4:14 PM Post #145 of 203
If this phone had midrange, flagship killer specs and a higher end dac, or some special or interesting audio system r2r, 1 bit, something like that, then it would really appeal to me but it just looks like a low specced phone with an affordable dac inside. I think you can get a better and fully compatible android phone with a better dac for the same price or even cheaper…
That’s true I’m using a Sony Xperia for this reason. I’m only interested in BT so a phone with Android 14 running the latest Codecs works perfect for me.

BUT FOR a balanced connection and an expansion memory slot, the choices are down to a very few.

Apr 30, 2024 at 6:33 PM Post #147 of 203
In the end I think it all revolves around a couple of questions...

1) Is it compatible with UAPP so I can use Qobuz/Tidal to the fullest?
2) does it sound at least as good as a DC04PRO (dual CS43131)?

If the answer to these questions is yes... I believe it can be done... otherwise...

May 1, 2024 at 8:34 AM Post #149 of 203
Honest question: can you list any?
I mean: recent Android phone, up to 2TB SD, DAC/Amp better than dual-CS43131, single and balanced output?
I have the moto g84 5g which is now around 200 or look at edge 40 at 250 coupled with fiio ka11 at 25 or hiby fc3 for 50 or the hiby fc4/hidizs s9pro plus if you need 4.4 mm and are now around 80 but on sale the hiby can go down to 50 or so on aliexpress and you get a play store compatible phone with all the apps needed and dolby atmos as well for less money, 350 max… And if you want a more recent phone OnePlus Nord 3 is around 400 by the looks of it, with a 4.4 mm dongle, it’s under 500… any of those seem like better options to me tbh…

Last edited:
May 1, 2024 at 10:17 AM Post #150 of 203
I have the moto g84 5g which is now around 200 or look at edge 40 at 250 coupled with fiio ka11 at 25 or hiby fc3 for 50 or the hiby fc4/hidizs s9pro plus if you need 4.4 mm and are now around 80 but on sale the hiby can go down to 50 or so on aliexpress and you get a play store compatible phone with all the apps needed and dolby atmos as well for less money, 350 max… And if you want a more recent phone OnePlus Nord 3 is around 400 by the looks of it, with a 4.4 mm dongle, it’s under 500… any of those seem like better options to me tbh…
I think I misunderstood your OP: you are talking about an Android phone + dongle or external DAC/Amp... But that’s quite different from MIAD01 which integrates everything! :ksc75smile:

An HiBy R4 is also cheaper than MIAD01 and probably better. Sure it’s not a phone, but it can be tethered to your phone.

There’s are plenty of alternatives that may work better than MIAD01 depending on one’s needs and use case scenario. The point is, Moondrop MIAD01 is kind of a unique animal… Not unheard of (older LG’s…), but without much competition I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back