Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
May 22, 2024 at 11:19 AM Post #9,243 of 9,285
I got a onso iect_02 cable yesterday. Very soft, light and easy to manage. The 2-pin connectors fit a recessed socket, but they are injection molded in one piece and are pretty much the same size as a flush 2-pin connector. If this holds up nicely, I'll leave braided cables behind for good.

onso_iect_02.jpg

May 28, 2024 at 10:41 PM Post #9,245 of 9,285
May 28, 2024 at 11:11 PM Post #9,246 of 9,285
May 29, 2024 at 2:31 AM Post #9,247 of 9,285
Penon Totem

I second this

I have 3 of these things. As far as I am concerned your not going to find any better. I can guarantee you will hear a difference using the Totem interconnect. It is a giant leap above anything pure copper or pure silver or even a mix of those two elements. A leap. https://penonaudio.com/penon-totem-audio-cable.html

Many thanks for that recommendation, looks very good indeed, but I totally forgot to precise that I don't need an interconnect, but a real 1.2/1.3m lenght cable (it will be for my new Focal Hadenys hedphones)
I'm not sure if Penon will have this but I will ask him
Cheers'

May 29, 2024 at 8:14 AM Post #9,248 of 9,285
May 31, 2024 at 9:54 AM Post #9,249 of 9,285
Hey all,

I have been reading through this post but I keep having doubts and any advice would be appreciated.
I am looking for a replacement cable for my ziigaat doscinco.
I like bass and am a bit treble sensitive but the doscinco sounds good to me but the cable really sucks.
Tomorrow AliExpress ChoiceDay starts with some good deals. I compared a lot of cables and in the end I think 2 cables are the best for me and my budget (but maybe I am wrong).
I am having doubts between the Nicehck blacksoul or the snowcat. Again, any advice will be greatly appreciated!

May 31, 2024 at 10:03 AM Post #9,250 of 9,285
Also the silvercat could be a option…

May 31, 2024 at 10:18 AM Post #9,251 of 9,285
Hey all,

I have been reading through this post but I keep having doubts and any advice would be appreciated.
I am looking for a replacement cable for my ziigaat doscinco.
I like bass and am a bit treble sensitive but the doscinco sounds good to me but the cable really sucks.
Tomorrow AliExpress ChoiceDay starts with some good deals. I compared a lot of cables and in the end I think 2 cables are the best for me and my budget (but maybe I am wrong).
I am having doubts between the Nicehck blacksoul or the snowcat. Again, any advice will be greatly appreciated!
Snowcat its the best one in cost/performance, very balanced

May 31, 2024 at 10:23 AM Post #9,252 of 9,285
Also the silvercat could be a option…
I have all 3, and the Doscinco.

The Silvercat and Snowcat are both excellent cables. The SilverCat is more flexible, Snowcat feels better made. Both give solid bass and are hard to fault. Snowcat is my favourite of the ones you mentioned.

Blacksoul is trickier. It is more coloured and subdues some upper mid/lower treble. Depending on your taste that could be good or bad.

I don’t have any of these with me, but can test this evening. You might also want to look at the GrKing, a modular cable which is only a little more. It adds a little mid thickness, which can help offset treble fatigue.

Personally, I use the Hakugei Golden Bohdi Pro with the Doscinco, but am not sure I can recommend it. It’s really hit and miss whether it sounds right with an IEM, and most often it does not pair well to my ears.

May 31, 2024 at 10:58 AM Post #9,253 of 9,285
Hi, both of you thanks for the quick and good advice! I was leaning towards the blacksoul but that was probably a mistake.
So based on both your advise the snowcat seems to be the best choice. I also looked at the grking, 7n and graphene are some great specs but the cable costs twice as much as I what I was willing to spend (27,- vs 55,- euro). Also I see a lot of sellers offering the grking for over 100,- euro even with discount…
At this point I like the doscinco more than my mp145/timeless ae/performer8 so if the grking will make a noticeable positive difference to the doscinco’s sound than i am willing to buy it. Do you think it does or will the difference be minimal? Your remark about the treble could be a valid reason to spend 2 times more because it will be worth the money if it makes my doscinco sound better … Will I not be paying extra for the extra plus I don’t need?
Again thanks for the advise guys!😊

May 31, 2024 at 11:17 AM Post #9,254 of 9,285
Hi, both of you thanks for the quick and good advice! I was leaning towards the blacksoul but that was probably a mistake.
So based on both your advise the snowcat seems to be the best choice. I also looked at the grking, 7n and graphene are some great specs but the cable costs twice as much as I what I was willing to spend (27,- vs 55,- euro). Also I see a lot of sellers offering the grking for over 100,- euro even with discount…
At this point I like the doscinco more than my mp145/timeless ae/performer8 so if the grking will make a noticeable positive difference to the doscinco’s sound than i am willing to buy it. Do you think it does or will the difference be minimal? Your remark about the treble could be a valid reason to spend 2 times more because it will be worth the money if it makes my doscinco sound better … Will I not be paying extra for the extra plus I don’t need?
The Snowcat is a great cable, and you would need to spend a lot more for a cable to be outright better. The GrKing has a little more mids and a hint more refinement, the Snowcat has a little more bass. Honestly, unless you value the modular system or looks, I can’t really recommend the GrKing over the Snowcat. If the slight stiffness of the Snowcat might bother you, the SilverCat is very close.

All these cables are thicker and heavier than most stock cables - if that is a concern, you might need something else.

May 31, 2024 at 11:20 AM Post #9,255 of 9,285
I have the SnowCat and it is a great cable. I perceive it as slightly V shaped in sound signature. Another cable that I own that has a similar sound signature but steps it up a notch in resolution, soundstage is the IvipQ 520 which is on sale for around $35.

Edit: I was just swapping between those 2 cables and also need to point out that the 520 also sounds to have an overall thicker note weight

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back