Meze Empyrean 2 Comfort
Apr 30, 2024 at 4:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

cachedbrown

New Head-Fier
Hello,
I have pretty sensitive ears which always hurt with headphones. I’ve tried the Bose quite comfort 2, the DCA E3, and the ZMF atrium open. I ended up returning all of those because they made my ears hurt after 30min - 1hr. I also made sure none of the pads are touching my ears, and made my atriums have basically 0 clamp force but it didn’t fix my issue. I’m looking at the Mezze Empyrean 2 as a potential last resort. I hear they are very comfortable headphones and have a unique headband system. I don’t know if they would solve my issue, but if anyone has had a chance to wear them could you let me know your thoughts? I’d love to demo them first but I don’t think that’s an option in Seattle. Thanks for the help!

Apr 30, 2024 at 6:20 PM Post #4 of 9
HD 700 have fantastic fitting

May 1, 2024 at 6:13 PM Post #5 of 9
The Mezze Empyrean 2 are by far the most comfortable headphones I've ever tried. I bought them for their perfect fit. Soundwise these are fantastic 'fun' cups.

May 2, 2024 at 6:33 AM Post #8 of 9
I suppose it might be worth a try then. Did you feel like the cups provided ample room for your ears? Like they weren’t pushed against the drivers?
For me they provide enough ear space but every person has a different head/ear shape. The Empyrian 2 includes two different ear pads, the Duo pads and the Angled Alcantara pads. The latter offers even more ear room to create a more neutral soundscape but most of the time I use the Duo pads as they are more complimentary to my music taste.
I have the HD800s as well and they're also quite fitting with plenty of ear space but at the end comfortwise I prefer the Empyreans. I use the HD800s predominantly for gaming because of the huge soundstage and when I want to relax on the sofa with some good music I put on the Empyreans.

May 2, 2024 at 12:34 PM Post #9 of 9
For me they provide enough ear space but every person has a different head/ear shape. The Empyrian 2 includes two different ear pads, the Duo pads and the Angled Alcantara pads. The latter offers even more ear room to create a more neutral soundscape but most of the time I use the Duo pads as they are more complimentary to my music taste.
I have the HD800s as well and they're also quite fitting with plenty of ear space but at the end comfortwise I prefer the Empyreans. I use the HD800s predominantly for gaming because of the huge soundstage and when I want to relax on the sofa with some good music I put on the Empyreans.
That’s helpful to know! I haven’t heard a comparison between the two in comfort before

Users who are viewing this thread

Back