MP-D2 MK lll Deluxe relay drops out when touch anything on rack
Dec 3, 2023 at 2:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

tdadawa

New Head-Fier
I really like this dac, and would like to find a cure for this problem. The static electricity is very low with no spark but when I touch any piece of equipment or the metal rack, the relay in the MP-D2 MK lll deluxe drops out. I emailed Garry but he doesn't have a solution to this problem other than getting a leather chair. I'm thinking of making a cable and plug it into 120v outlet with only the ground hooked up and attach it to the rack. Anyone have this problem with a fix? For years I've always touch the rack to discharge me before touching the equipment.

Dec 3, 2023 at 4:52 PM Post #2 of 4
Have you considered a humidifier?

Dec 3, 2023 at 6:31 PM Post #3 of 4
The humidity is not that low, I don't notice a static problem in the house. We don't get shocks touching anything and I have a MK l that doesn't have that problem. There's been a lot of discussion about ground wires on the MK lll but that was for a hum problem which I don't have and this is a MK lll deluxe.

Dec 3, 2023 at 7:09 PM Post #4 of 4
Okay, I got busy and made a ground cable which I hooked to my stereo rack, did a quick test with very good results. So far the dac works perfectly and no relay dropouts. It looks dangerous because I plug it into the wall outlet but there is only one wire hooked to the ground pin and no wires hooked to the neutral or hot wire. Don't try this if you unfamiliar with home electrical systems.

Attachments

• IMG_6871.jpg
    IMG_6871.jpg
    479.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6874.jpg
    IMG_6874.jpg
    499.7 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back