Naim Uniti Atom Headphone Edition
May 20, 2021 at 3:46 PM Post #16 of 204
May 20, 2021 at 3:57 PM Post #18 of 204
was really hoping this can be the dream AIO that handles both cans & iems... maybe the next version
Same here! I'm very tempted to get it anyway :)

May 20, 2021 at 4:03 PM Post #19 of 204
It would be the Naim Uniti Atom Headphone Edition for sure. However when their new upgraded unit comes out in 3 years I will probably upgrade :)
Wow! Even compared with something like a Hugo 2 + 2go combo?

May 21, 2021 at 5:36 PM Post #21 of 204
Mine should be delivered in the next days, can't wait!

May 31, 2021 at 8:09 PM Post #23 of 204
I just listed my like new Naim Uniti Atom HE on Audiogon for a good deal if anyone is interested. I don’t think I have enough post count to list here yet or I would have. Great all in one unit, ESPECIALLY if you need an Roon Endpoint!!

Jun 2, 2021 at 7:59 PM Post #25 of 204
was really hoping this can be the dream AIO that handles both cans & iems... maybe the next version
Something like an iFi IEMatch might be an easy solution here to avoid hiss.

Jun 3, 2021 at 12:08 PM Post #27 of 204
I just got mine yesterday. Now spent a few hours with it but it’s a slick unit. Automatically switches between roon and Spotify and you start one, don’t have change anything on the Naim app. Volume rocker on iPhone changes volume on the unit when using Spotify. Roon volume controls the unit’s volume. Play/pause/skip forward and back track all work from the remote. Album art looks great 6 feet away. It really looks and feels like a high end device. Even the remote lights up when you pick it up.

For sound, I was giving the slight nod to the Focal Arche but that was within the first hour I got it. After about 4-5 hours of use, playing songs that sound great on the Focal Arche also sound great on the Naim. If I had to say the Naim might have a slightly darker, thicker sound. It’s very subtle. They’re both great sounding with the Focal Utopia’s. Neither is at the Chord Dave’s level or resolution but both are very fun, enjoyable setups. And with the Naim, you don’t have to worry about interconnect cables, ethernet cables, separate boxes. Just plug and play. It’s really a pleasure to use. Even playing a song from roon just wakes it up, don’t have to hit power button.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2021 at 4:37 PM Post #29 of 204
Any owners of the original Uniti Atom? Or olderNaim devices? Are there regular updates? When spotifi hifi hits will it be supported?
Still in doubt wheter an all in one is a good idea with the fast way technology evolves.
I know I just got mine but see they are adding Tidal Connect this summer and Spotify already said Spotify Connect will support lossless when it’s released. I believe it technically upsamples to 16/44 now like AirPlay 2 does. You can see in Uniti Atom threads that software has been updated all the time.

Jun 4, 2021 at 8:29 AM Post #30 of 204
I had to say the Naim might have a slightly darker, thicker sound. It’s very subtle. They’re both great sounding with the Focal Utopia’s. Neither is at the Chord Dave’s level or resolution but both are very fun, enjoyable
Many thanks for the feedback - this unit does look great!

You mentioned the Dave - were you referring to the "bare" unit, or the Dave + Mscaler combo?

(I already have a Naim streamer, so was considering a Chord Hugo TT2 to power my Focal Utopia headphones - but I am curious as to how the Hugo TT2 would compare to the Naim Uniti Atom HE.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back