Nashville - Center Hill Lake: Whiskey-Fi / Head-Fi Meet: Apr 30, 2022
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 2, 2022 at 6:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 86

kilkil

500+ Head-Fier
Impressions thread https://www.head-fi.org/threads/nas...ead-fi-meet-april-30-2022-impressions.963190/ .

Nashville - Center Hill Lake: Whiskey-Fi / Head-Fi Meet:
Whiskey, Headphones, and Friends!!! What more could you want.
This meet is open to everyone. I would appreciate that you post you are attending to get an idea of the head count for food and table space.

Date/Time: Saturday April 30, 2022, 11am CT and will last all night.

About an hour east of Nashville, 2 hours north of Chattanooga, 2 hours west of Knoxville
I-40 to Exit #273 that is TN56 South. Cross the bridge, then Puckett Point Rd will be on your left in 1.4 miles. The house is 1.7 miles down Puckett Point Rd, on the left side.

For the people coming from Kentucky on I65, I recommend exit 2 in KY, as before that, there are a lot more small curvy roads.

Parking: The house is on the left side of the road with a driveway that can hold 4 cars (2 must be compact). Across the street there is a light blue garage, that is also mine, it has another 6-8 parking spaces, plus parking on grass as needed (just past the house on the left side of the road and around the garage, making sure not to block my neighbors driveways).

Lodging: You are welcome to stay here. Hotels are about 30 mins away in Cookeville or Lebanon.

Food: Feel free to bring food to share. There will be food.
Main menu: (to be updated as I make more decisions)
Fresh Bread
Smoked Beef Brisket
likely also Smoked Pulled Pork for variety.
Evening meal is likely to be pizza.

Beverage: Feel free to bring beverages to share, There will be Whiskey, Rum, Cachaça, Tequila, Mezcal, Beer, and more.

Vendors: We are open to vendors attending or sending equipment, please PM me.

Anticipated Attendees: I'll update this section as I am aware.
Kilkil
Buke9 + 1
Wildcatsare1
dilbertprogrammer
phillyd
Delsfan
Zachik + 1
Makiah S
Jeweltopia +1
Cool Jazz + Scott + Lawrence +John

Misc:
Playlist that I usually use (copy and paste text): https://tidal.com/playlist/30b8e843-78ed-4c99-ac4e-83bca582e34b

I am vaccinated.

The house is wheelchair friendly.

Side note: I've tripled my internet speed, so hopefully we don't have any issues.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2022 at 7:17 PM Post #2 of 86
Jan 4, 2022 at 6:27 PM Post #3 of 86
Jan 4, 2022 at 6:33 PM Post #4 of 86
Well after that you can count me in as it is always a great time. Have a pair of Abyss Diana TC’s on order so I’ll have something new to bring.

Jan 4, 2022 at 7:07 PM Post #5 of 86
Thanks for the heads up Warren I do appreciate it hope to see you in NYC.

I figured that since @kilkil was kind enough to be so hospitable, and since it's practically next door to you... would be a shame to not consider it. :relaxed:

Jan 4, 2022 at 7:29 PM Post #6 of 86
Nashville - Center Hill Lake: Whiskey-Fi / Head-Fi Meet:
Whiskey, Headphones, and Friends!!! What more could you want.
This meet is open to everyone. I would appreciate that you post you are attending to get an idea of the head count for food and table space.

Date/Time: Saturday April 30, 2022, 11am CT and will last all night.

About an hour east of Nashville, 2 hours north of Chattanooga, 2 hours west of Knoxville
I-40 to Exit #273 that is TN56 South. Cross the bridge, then Puckett Point Rd will be on your left in 1.4 miles. The house is 1.7 miles down Puckett Point Rd, on the left side.

For the people coming from Kentucky on I65, I recommend exit 2 in KY, as before that, there are a lot more small curvy roads.

Parking: The house is on the left side of the road with a driveway that can hold 4 cars (2 must be compact). Across the street there is a light blue garage, that is also mine, it has another 6-8 parking spaces, plus parking on grass as needed (just past the house on the left side of the road and around the garage, making sure not to block my neighbors driveways).

Lodging: You are welcome to stay here. Hotels are about 30 mins away in Cookeville or Lebanon.

Food: Feel free to bring food to share. There will be food.
Main menu: to be determined

Beverage: Feel free to bring beverages to share, There will be Whiskey, Rum, Cachaça, Tequila, Mezcal, Beer, and more.

Vendors: We are open to vendors attending or sending equipment, please PM me.

I am vaccinated.

The house is wheelchair friendly.
Wow...so nice, I wish we New Yorker's could get something like this together...:smiley_cat:

Jan 4, 2022 at 7:47 PM Post #7 of 86
@buke9 it is great that you are planning on attending. I'm glad to see we piqued some NY interest, maybe someone will want a nice trip out of the city.

Jan 4, 2022 at 11:58 PM Post #8 of 86
All right, I hope to make this one!

Jan 5, 2022 at 4:21 PM Post #10 of 86
Jan 5, 2022 at 4:27 PM Post #11 of 86
@kilkil Same here! Favorite whiskeys -- that is a great question. I am primarily a bourbon drinker. I have a spreadsheet I use to maintain my inventory, just like I do with my audio gear. As far as which bourbon bottle I pick up on a given day, it really depends on the day/occasion/mood really. I tend to reach for Eagle Rare or one of the Old Forester offerings for a daily go-to though.

Jan 5, 2022 at 4:58 PM Post #12 of 86
28ADCO1-superJumbo.jpeg

Jan 5, 2022 at 6:06 PM Post #13 of 86
My go-to is four roses as a Manhattan, though for favourites, almost anything in the angels envy line

Jan 6, 2022 at 7:30 AM Post #15 of 86
I figured that since @kilkil was kind enough to be so hospitable, and since it's practically next door to you... would be a shame to not consider it. :relaxed:
Been to Tom’s house many times it’s always a great meet to attend great gear, people, food and booze what else could you ask for ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back