New Audio-gd R-7, R-7HE R-8, R-27, R-27HE, R-28 Flagship Resistor Ladder DACs and DAC/amps
May 12, 2024 at 7:11 PM Post #11,296 of 11,302
Sorry, edited my post. USB isolator.t
The dac has one built-in but using an external one could help, especially if noise is very low at the output. Also, using an isolation transformer on the pc would help. It would prevent much contamination of the ac line. Or you can use the AC isolator on the dac. A PC contaminates the ac line with a lot of high-freq noise, which affects the DAC.

May 15, 2024 at 3:17 PM Post #11,298 of 11,302
The dac has one built-in but using an external one could help, especially if noise is very low at the output. Also, using an isolation transformer on the pc would help. It would prevent much contamination of the ac line. Or you can use the AC isolator on the dac. A PC contaminates the ac line with a lot of high-freq noise, which affects the DAC.
Hi Fred
Wich isolation transformer would you recomend for the PC?

May 15, 2024 at 8:27 PM Post #11,299 of 11,302
Hi Fred
Wich isolation transformer would you recomend for the PC?
For not much money, the Zerozone pt500 should be fine. The pt700s would provide additional isolation. But given the price, I would use it on the sensitive audio gears: clock, DI, streamer and dac. The spo-500 is their top model, it features an o-core transformer (500w) otherwise it is the same as the 700w pt700s.

I use the pt-500 on my file server and switch. The spo500 feeds the dac, DI, clock and streamer. As for Zerozone, also use their Leo psu (homemade version) on my streamer. I like their products. I also bought a STUDER900 psu board from those same guys, great little board and cheap.

Last edited:
May 16, 2024 at 4:43 AM Post #11,300 of 11,302
Random:

The clear plastic tops are very trending right now on all brands.

I hope Kingwa does not add/follow the RGB lights, thats the next awaiting…

May 16, 2024 at 12:01 PM Post #11,301 of 11,302
Hey all. I'm selling a R28NOS in perfect condition. It's amazing and perfect for a desktop but I just came on some bills I need to pay more than I need to keep this so it's gotta go. I ordered it from Magna HIFI Jan 9th so it's good and fresh and broken in and amazing. Let me know via private message if anyone is interested. I'll send photos and we can talk about shipping. I'd love to take care of it person to person and not have to deal with any sites that ask for selling fees.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back