New HF-2 orders
Jul 22, 2009 at 9:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Todd

Headphone Vinyl Meister
Member of the Trade: TTVJ Audio
Hi All,

I am no longer taking orders for the HF-2. I have a waiting list that should take care of all of the headphones that will be available. If you have placed an order the last few days you are not guaranteed a headphone but we will do everything we can to get one to you.

Thanks to all who have participated in the HF-2 headphone project.

Todd

Jul 23, 2009 at 1:27 PM Post #2 of 19
Hi, Todd

Just wondering, what's the last order number that's sure to get the HF2?

Thanks!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 25, 2009 at 5:21 PM Post #3 of 19
Morning Todd,

Thank you for your message. I have ordered HF-2 since 15th July, 2009 and I am in the waiting list. How do I know that I will get the HF-2?

Best regards,

Jul 25, 2009 at 5:28 PM Post #4 of 19
You won't know until you get the email that says you're getting them. There's a chance you won't. Good luck, though.

Jul 27, 2009 at 3:15 AM Post #5 of 19
HOLY CRAP, can't believe I missed this. I'm an on-again/off-again HeadFi user (I can't stay in this place too long or I'll waste a ton of money!) and I've always wanted a pair of HF-1s.

I can't believe I missed out on a pair by a matter of days. damn.
frown.gif

Jul 27, 2009 at 5:37 AM Post #6 of 19
this is a pity as these are special phones. i've extended my appreciation for yours and John's efforts on this project to you personally on a few occasions but let me do so now publicly. i understand you guys got some ridiculous grief along the way over some minor cosmetic issues. rather than moaning about a trivial (and unnoticeable, unless you're looking extremely closely rather than just enjoying these remarkable cans) issues i think folks should be grateful that you guys teamed up to do this special project for the head-fi community. i really hope that there's a way this project can be extended out for a while yet. there were close to 500 hf-1s made when the head-fi community was a fraction of it's current size. it'd be great if this device had a run of at least 1000 units. perhaps that's wishful thinking, so let me say thank you very much for your efforts here. i hope that this hasn't left such a bad taste that you wouldn't consider another such project in a few years.

Jul 27, 2009 at 2:49 PM Post #8 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveDerek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this is a pity as these are special phones. i've extended my appreciation for yours and John's efforts on this project to you personally on a few occasions but let me do so now publicly. i understand you guys got some ridiculous grief along the way over some minor cosmetic issues. rather than moaning about a trivial (and unnoticeable, unless you're looking extremely closely rather than just enjoying these remarkable cans) issues i think folks should be grateful that you guys teamed up to do this special project for the head-fi community. i really hope that there's a way this project can be extended out for a while yet. there were close to 500 hf-1s made when the head-fi community was a fraction of it's current size. it'd be great if this device had a run of at least 1000 units. perhaps that's wishful thinking, so let me say thank you very much for your efforts here. i hope that this hasn't left such a bad taste that you wouldn't consider another such project in a few years.

The HF-1 was less than half the price... and even after two runs there was only about as much disappointment as I see on here now for the HF2. I'm not sure the 500 number is off the mark. Although I'm sure Todd has a much better idea than I do. If they can sell another 500 I'd imagine they'll make em.

Jul 30, 2009 at 9:58 PM Post #9 of 19
They WONT make any more. That is final. There is too much controversy surrounding the HEAD-F1 issue. It originally was not to be limited to any particular number all before this debacle, actually. There were to be two weeks warning before they discontinued them.

Jul 31, 2009 at 1:21 AM Post #10 of 19
Well Todd...thanks for such a great headphone. I LOVE IT! I kinda stopped listening to my D2k and HD650 for a while now since I got the HF1-2

Jul 31, 2009 at 12:56 PM Post #11 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by revolink24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They WONT make any more. That is final. There is too much controversy surrounding the HEAD-F1 issue. It originally was not to be limited to any particular number all before this debacle, actually. There were to be two weeks warning before they discontinued them.

Werent the HF2s only meant to have a limited number from the get go?
Didnt Todd say 500 sold or July 31st, whichever comes first so 500 were sold first obviously

Jul 31, 2009 at 2:31 PM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverion77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What are u talking about?? The HF2s were meant to have a limited number from the get go...and Todd even told us.
He specifically said 500 sold or July 31st, whichever comes first so 500 were sold first obviously

I do believe that is incorrect, Todd never said the number was limited to 500, he only said this AFTER the F1 fiasco. I seem to recall that when he announced the HF-2, he said the cut-off point would be determined by sales of the HF-2 dropping off, at which point he would announced a two week deal-line, after which he would stop taking orders for the cans
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 3, 2009 at 7:19 AM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubleEs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I do believe that is incorrect, Todd never said the number was limited to 500, he only said this AFTER the F1 fiasco. I seem to recall that when he announced the HF-2, he said the cut-off point would be determined by sales of the HF-2 dropping off, at which point he would announced a two week deal-line, after which he would stop taking orders for the cans
smily_headphones1.gif

yea I think that's right, they weren't gonna put a limit to keep the price of these things from inflating like the HF-1's

Sep 19, 2009 at 10:19 PM Post #15 of 19
I have to have these!
frown.gif
Is there any way some poor shmuck like me can still get a pair? I literally heard the HF-2 today, and I've gotta get 'em!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back