New Loaner Program TTVJ/Millett
Sep 18, 2007 at 5:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 134

Todd

Headphone Vinyl Meister
Member of the Trade: TTVJ Audio
Hi Everyone,

We have decided to start a new loaner progam for the TTVJ Millett Hybrid portable amp. The same deal - 6 Head-Fiers will get to audition the TTVJ Millett amp for 2 weeks and then send it to the next auditioner. A review must be written (it does not have to be long but we need to have your review here!!!) shortly after you demo the unit.

To sign up e-mail me your name, shipping address and your Head-Fi handle. The first 6 people who respond will get to demo.

todd@ttvj.com is the e-mail address to use.

Talk to you soon!

Todd

Sep 18, 2007 at 5:26 PM Post #2 of 134
Email sent! This is great. Thanks.

Sep 18, 2007 at 6:05 PM Post #3 of 134
Email Sent!

Not sure if this is open to overseas members, but thought I'd give it a go!

Thanks

Sep 18, 2007 at 6:14 PM Post #4 of 134
Email sent.

Sep 18, 2007 at 6:28 PM Post #5 of 134
email sent......
600smile.gif

Sep 18, 2007 at 6:42 PM Post #7 of 134
I will try to do some more detailed impressions on the TTVJ/Millett [Trans]Portable Hybrid when I have more time, but Todd and Pete have put together a great amp here. I am the lucky first loanee and have listened to the amp a fair amount so far and will be listening much more over my remaining time.

It is a beautiful sounding amp with an incredible amount of power for a small, battery-powered package. The background is nice and quiet, except for a little bit of tube rush when using sensitive IEMs, and the overall sound signature is very clean and very lush for a transportable amp, again in such a small package. I have used Shure E500s to great effect, but it sounds even better with Ultrasone Edition 9s, AKG K701s and Senn HD650s. I am going to try it with the K340 which is impossible to drive with most small amps and I am guessing it will handle them fairly well. Tube signature sound but still very detailed and clean, no bloat or mush.

The fact that this amp uses tubes -- even as small and as rugged as they are -- means that the amp is limited as a truly portable solution. The tubes will ring if the amp is bumped or jostled, the case and volume know themselves are microphonic so banging into it will be audible. If you are walking or moving about, you can hear some of it through the headphones. But if you set it down or have it stationary like I have done on the streetcar, at my house, and in my office, it is very quiet and sounds amazing.

Thanks to Todd for offering this loaner program and it looks like the line has already formed very quickly to try it out. Be good to this little beauty and she will be very good to you!
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 20, 2007 at 3:18 AM Post #8 of 134
Any word on who the lucky six are? I haven't heard anything.

Sep 20, 2007 at 10:11 AM Post #9 of 134
Haven't heard yet either. I'm reeling in suspense.
blink.gif

James

Sep 20, 2007 at 12:32 PM Post #11 of 134
x2

Sep 20, 2007 at 1:46 PM Post #12 of 134
I want my MTV(Millett hybrid portable).Let's have patience.

Sep 25, 2007 at 5:06 PM Post #13 of 134
Just curious if the lucky recipients have been chosen. I haven't heard anything and nobody's posted anything here. I know curiosity killed the cat but...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back