Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
May 14, 2024 at 10:38 AM Post #36,091 of 36,096
Did you already try to EQ it with the proprietary app? If it works well for you, maybe you won’t even need a second tws.

For myself, I’m really enjoying the FoKus Prestige with some very simple EQing.
regarding Eq i left it with the Eq i use when I listen to my mystique which i did via the app on the test as it suites my listening preference for almost any track i listen to funny enough it suites even when im listening to my fokus ancs as well.

May 14, 2024 at 10:46 AM Post #36,092 of 36,096
Great descriptions

The performance of xmem technology can't be matched by eq massage work.

the speed of the xmem is the secret sauce.
Thanks Mr. Wizard and also thank you for making such great tws devices my friends who ive introduced and recommend the fokus ancs all love them if jim sees any orders from guam its probably my friends who I recommended them to.
I have to agree on the xmems part i look forward to a upgraded version of mystique with the xmems drivers hybrid config as triumph is like the yin to the yang that is mystique.

May 14, 2024 at 9:04 PM Post #36,094 of 36,096
IMG_3992.jpeg

Bit of a messy photo.

But I wonder whether Noble Audio should partner with Eletech more often. OTL with Spartacus is just magical. Visually the perfect pairing. But more importantly, sonically. Compared to the stock cable, it's less warm/fuzzy (in a good way) in the low mids. Vocals are smooth, musical. Staging and technicalities are improved. For some it may be a subtle difference. But for some reason the Spartacus + OTL pairing made me think of Trailii. And that is how complimentary I think this is. *edit - taken as a whole they are quite different though, especially the bass implementation*

Time poor so a review may be some way away. But I cannot recommend this more strongly.

*Synergy matters. SP3000 -> Orphy IC -> MK475*

Last edited:
May 14, 2024 at 9:21 PM Post #36,095 of 36,096
IMG_3992.jpeg

Bit of a messy photo.

But I wonder whether Noble Audio should partner with Eletech more often. OTL with Spartacus is just magical. Visually the perfect pairing. But more importantly, sonically. Compared to the stock cable, it's less warm/fuzzy (in a good way) in the low mids. Vocals are smooth, musical. Staging and technicalities are improved. For some it may be a subtle difference. But for some reason the Spartacus + OTL pairing made me think of Trailii. And that is how complimentary I think this is.

Time poor so a review may be some way away. But I cannot recommend this more strongly.

*Synergy matters. SP3000 -> Orphy IC -> MK475*

I haven't heard them together, but yeah I can see how they would be good together. I would imagine that it's got tons of authoritative slam in the low end, with an analog-like midrange?

May 15, 2024 at 12:17 AM Post #36,096 of 36,096
I haven't heard them together, but yeah I can see how they would be good together. I would imagine that it's got tons of authoritative slam in the low end, with an analog-like midrange?

Surprisingly well balanced. Track dependent. Enough bass and tight, well controlled. But not over the top. It’s still BA bass. I’ll need to play some bass heavy tracks and trance to see how it goes. But I wouldn’t call it “tons of authoritative slam”. And less so than XE6 ; singuality/duality.

#edit: I see what you mean by authoritative slam. Destination, Armin Van Burren. It doesn't have the impact that XE6 or DD. Tight, well textured. Good speed. Quite fast decay. Clean over muddy. And yes, I would describe it as authoritative. I guess like all things, track dependent#

Now that I've had a longer listen, I wonder whether the thought towards Trailii may be more the Orpheus IC I had paired with it. It's actually quite different.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back