Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
May 3, 2024 at 3:21 PM Post #36,062 of 36,096
May 3, 2024 at 11:07 PM Post #36,063 of 36,096
AK and Onyx make for an amazing pairing! enjoy.
Yup it’s darn good. The AK R2R is smooth and solid sounding that really complements the onyx

May 5, 2024 at 11:52 PM Post #36,066 of 36,096
Is it just a myth that Prestige Viking Ragnar has softer treble comparing the regular Ragnar or by actual tuning? Can someone please confirm?
I've heard both and I could not tell the difference. However, the Viking Damascus is another story.

May 9, 2024 at 4:31 AM Post #36,068 of 36,096
I've heard both and I could not tell the difference. However, the Viking Damascus is another story.
After hearing the Viking Damascus and comparing them to the Viking Ragnar, I wondering if I could get the Ragnar somewhere close to what I heard on the Viking Damascus (i.e. the sweet treble as opposed the bright treble), I began to tip roll again. Initially I was settled on the MandarinEs Symbio Eartips which has a foam insert. These tips did smoothen the treble a little. I then decided to try full foam and I had a pair of Dekoni Foams lying around. Because of the size of the bore of the Dekoni Foams, it was difficult to put on. With care, I did manage to put it on and I am glad I did as I have not heard the Ragnar so good in the treble. It is now to my liking!

So for those of you still trying to tame the treble on the Ragnar, do try foam tips. It worked for me!

For those of you who have no issues with the treble on the Ragnar, lucky you!

I have new found love for the Viking Ragnar now!

May 9, 2024 at 4:38 AM Post #36,069 of 36,096
So for those of you still trying to tame the treble on the Ragnar, do try foam tips. It worked for me!
Not shifting the rest of the tuning too much for you? This has been an issue for me using foamies in general. Apart from that for me they seem to make imaging more diffuse. Not sure if that's the right word to use here though, but what I mean is that the (to my ears) disappearing air around instruments reduces their "being there". Think palpability, having their own room to breathe, et cetera.

EDIT: So actually the imaging is less diffuse, but also less life-like. If that makes any sense at all.

drftr

Last edited:
May 9, 2024 at 4:47 AM Post #36,070 of 36,096
Not shifting the rest of the tuning too much for you? This has been an issue for me using foamies in general. Apart from that for me they seem to make imaging more diffuse. Not sure if that's the right word to use here though, but what I mean is that the (to my ears) disappearing air around instruments reduces their "being there". Think palpability, having their own room to breathe, et cetera.

EDIT: So actually the imaging is less diffuse, but also less life-like. If that makes any sense at all.

drftr
I did not notice this. The Ragnar are so technically gifted that even if foams had that character, it seems not to affect the Ragnar. Plus I think Dekoni Foams are different from other foams in that they are less foamy (if that makes sense). Also, these foams have the added advantage of giving more body to the bass which is a bonus for me!

May 9, 2024 at 7:33 AM Post #36,071 of 36,096
I did not notice this. The Ragnar are so technically gifted that even if foams had that character, it seems not to affect the Ragnar. Plus I think Dekoni Foams are different from other foams in that they are less foamy (if that makes sense). Also, these foams have the added advantage of giving more body to the bass which is a bonus for me!
Tnx! Will look 'em up.

drftr

May 10, 2024 at 3:13 AM Post #36,072 of 36,096
Screenshot_20240510_141153_Gallery.jpg

Will wired ever become extinct?

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
May 10, 2024 at 3:49 AM Post #36,073 of 36,096
May 10, 2024 at 4:01 AM Post #36,074 of 36,096
May 10, 2024 at 6:33 AM Post #36,075 of 36,096
"When" is the better question.
100% agree when it comes to listening on the go, cables are a nuisance. For quite listening sessions in a hotel room or at home I think we may be a little farther out from a sound quality prospective when compared to high quality cables. I also enjoy the subtle changes that different cables bring to different IEM's and headphones, something you can't replicate with BT.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back