NOT a meet per say. BUT HOLIDAY MUSIC GIFT EXCHANGE is back
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 8, 2021 at 3:21 PM Post #16 of 37
there is nothing saying it has to be physical copy if you want to get them a HDtracks cd thats fine just make sure they can use it or even want a digital version of it.

Nov 11, 2021 at 5:01 PM Post #18 of 37
Count me in as well.

Nov 23, 2021 at 7:28 PM Post #20 of 37
These have gone pretty well when they have happened, and I have been messaged a couple of times now to start it back up soooo.. here we go.

As always we have to have a few rules.

Don'ts
Do not send equipment of any kind to anyone.
Do not send any thing from your personal collection or home.
Do not spend more then 20-25usd per person. This can include several item but not more then 20-25usd

DO's
SEND ME A MESSAGE DIRECTLY TO BE ADDED ANY OTHER WAY WILL YOU WILL NOT BE ADDED. please discuss in the thread though as much as you want:)
Please have fun with this
If you sign up and you are paired please send an item, if you feel you will not be able to hit deadlines then please do not sign up as it cause problems.
Please discuss with your partner what to send unless of course they say surprise me then share your favorite music with them.

I will be accepting participants until the 1st of December and items should be ordered before the end of that week so people get their gifts and promptly as possible.

This can be world wide however please specify if you want to only participate in Conus or Oconus (overseas) I will break down these groups accordingly. I will not break down by country however.
Examples.
You live in the USA and want to participate in the Oconus you could be ordering for someone that lives in the EU or Japan.
You live in the USA and only want to participate in Conus you will only be set up with someone that lives in the US or Canada.
You live anywhere else you can participate but know you will be one of a few that participate so you will likely only get someone from the states so i dont really have a great way to get you someone on your contentant ( I will try but no guarantee).

Remember 20-25 bucks USD please no more then that.

I’ve not done one of these in such a long time!!! Sign me up please!

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Nov 30, 2021 at 10:18 AM Post #21 of 37
I'm surprised there isn't more activity in this thread. This is a great idea and I'm actually a little excited about getting paired up and exchanging.
I participated in a couple gift exchanges on Reddit, and based on those exp, would say because of trust, I never received a gift from my person who never intended to do his part, and for me that is a deterrence to partake in any future exchanges, full stop. I no longer trust the other side, irregardless.

I understand why items need be ‘new’ and not ‘from home’; but do see this as a missed ability to share the love for all things audio...

Otherwise I’d have sent a Fiio DAc/Amp or some unused ‘balanced’ cables or some such.. (ie whatever the other person might benefit from, but probably WOULD NOT HAVE BOUGHT)
I feel you, I have existing stuff I can gift over new stuff that is impossible for me to buy. But, such are the rules. I considered hosting my own exchange of sorts permitting used/owned or digital, but the energy and headache not something I can handle.

Nov 30, 2021 at 12:40 PM Post #22 of 37
I participated in a couple gift exchanges on Reddit, and based on those exp, would say because of trust, I never received a gift from my person who never intended to do his part, and for me that is a deterrence to partake in any future exchanges, full stop. I no longer trust the other side, irregardless.

I feel you, I have existing stuff I can gift over new stuff that is impossible for me to buy. But, such are the rules. I considered hosting my own exchange of sorts permitting used/owned or digital, but the energy and headache not something I can handle.
I respect what you're saying but I both believe and know that we have a different kind of community here. Reputation matters and I have had nothing but postive experiences both as a buyer and seller in the Classifieds. You dont have to participate. It's completely voluntary. I expect it to be positive experience and because I expect it, I too will behave according to that expectaion. The worst possible thing that could happen to me is that I deposit $25 of love and joy into another human beings life. I never give to get I always give from the place of giving because I can. Call it Karma, reciprocity or the law of sowing and reaping. We reap what we sow, it's not my responsibility to know from where the harvest comes. It's a blessing to bless others. If someone gives to me I, I'm simply doubly blessed. And for $25 Im clearly not worried, especially on Head-Fi.

Nov 30, 2021 at 3:32 PM Post #23 of 37
I'm excited about the gift exchange, as I do understand the "new" aspect. The "used" aspect could be sketchy, but would also allow for some out-of-print or hard-to-find items to be shared with others.

Just curious, as I know what I'd not be telling the person who has me my musical interests, per se, since I want to find something new outside of my normal. Something that will allow me to open up my mind, my ears, and my heart to something outside of my mainly metal/rock world.

Is there any way to let our giver know if we don't do certain things like listen to MQA or streaming? I'm all about taken the music with me in its purest form.

On a reputation side of things, I really get that rep means everything in this community, not just the forum. I've been blown away by the level of support the forum has offered regarding various things I love, like the MESTs, while quietly allowing me to do research on my first CIEMs, which are coming this week.

Nov 30, 2021 at 10:57 PM Post #24 of 37
These last 20ish months have been a trying time at best. I just think for this one just sending something from amazon or digital might be best, only reason i put that in the rules.

I'm excited about the gift exchange, as I do understand the "new" aspect. The "used" aspect could be sketchy, but would also allow for some out-of-print or hard-to-find items to be shared with others.
The ones before this years exchange we had used on the table as well. But sending hard to find or out of print items usually topple the 25 dollar limit which has been pretty consistent.

Is there any way to let our giver know if we don't do certain things like listen to MQA or streaming? I'm all about taken the music with me in its purest form.
Yes please have a discussion with them when you are paired. ie get address and likes and not likes. digital or physical. Find a new friend.

The lists have been updated and pairings have been posted please send out your gift out this week.

Dec 3, 2021 at 10:07 PM Post #27 of 37
I’ve reached out to @HeadAmpTeam but no response. I tried.

Dec 8, 2021 at 8:45 PM Post #29 of 37
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back