Over Ear Headphones that sound like Apple Earpods
Apr 29, 2024 at 5:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Madhatter707

New Head-Fier
Hello Everyone,

I should preface this by saying I have an odd taste in headphones compared to audiophiles and most people my age who like headphones that accentuate bass frequencies.

I’m looking for recommendations for headphones that have a similar sound signature to Apple’s Wired EarPods. I’m not a huge audiophile but I do like the sound of Apple’s wired EarPods because they don’t have much bass. I listen to a lot of the straight jazz that accentuated bass bothers me. The closest headphones I’ve found that match this are the Bose QC35iis in passive mode wired. I have a pair of Bose QC35ii headphones, but would like another pair of headphones with a similar sound signature to the Apple EarPods as a backup to my Bose.

Last edited:
May 1, 2024 at 12:08 AM Post #2 of 4
Hello Everyone,

I should preface this by saying I have an odd taste in headphones compared to audiophiles and most people my age who like headphones that accentuate bass frequencies.

I’m looking for recommendations for headphones that have a similar sound signature to Apple’s Wired EarPods. I’m not a huge audiophile but I do like the sound of Apple’s wired EarPods because they don’t have much bass. I listen to a lot of the straight jazz that accentuated bass bothers me. The closest headphones I’ve found that match this are the Bose QC35iis in passive mode wired. I have a pair of Bose QC35ii headphones, but would like another pair of headphones with a similar sound signature to the Apple EarPods as a backup to my Bose.
Why not just get the AirPod pro 2? Noise canceling will give you a more immersive sound.

May 1, 2024 at 5:30 AM Post #3 of 4
Why not just get the AirPod pro 2? Noise canceling will give you a more immersive sound.
I don’t like in ear headphones unfortunately and if they run out of battery there’s obviously no wireless option. I may have to cough up the dough for a set of Bose or find a used set in almost new condition and clean the heck out of them with rubbing alcohol and replace the headband and the ear cushions.

May 1, 2024 at 6:59 AM Post #4 of 4
I don’t like in ear headphones unfortunately and if they run out of battery there’s obviously no wireless option. I may have to cough up the dough for a set of Bose or find a used set in almost new condition and clean the heck out of them with rubbing alcohol and replace the headband and the ear cushions.
If it’s wired headphone, there are many out there. Many of the people on head-fi never heard the wired Apple EarPod because umm it’s too “poor” sounding. So it’s kind of hard to recommend anything that sound like that.

Best bang for your bucks is the HiFiman edition XS. Low cost, big bass with oomph, and awesome clarity.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back