Post CanJam Withdrawals? in SoCal? We Got You Covered on 10/1/2022! (Head-Fi Meet by Rosson Audio)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 28, 2022 at 6:00 PM Post #31 of 68
I just got confirmation my friends and I will bring the following:
  • Focal Utopia
  • Dan Clark Expanse
  • HiFiMan Susvara
  • Audeze LCD-4
  • iBasso DX320
  • A&K Kann Max
  • Matrix X-Sabre 3
  • Spl Phonitor XE
  • ampsandsound Forge
  • ampsandsound Nautilus
Let me know if there's anything you're excited about :)

We were going to get some ZMF, but unfortunately it's a little short notice for this meet. Next time :)wink:)!

Zach gives his regards and hopes we will have a great time.
Holy Schiit!! That's quite the selection!! :astonished::money_mouth:

I'm looking forward to hearing the Susvara on my Lyr 3 to see if it has enough juice to drive it properly.

FYI, if all goes to plan, I will have a cool little surprise to let everyone try out. :grin::wink: I should know for sure by Friday, and I'll post about here as soon as I can! :L3000:

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2022 at 6:14 PM Post #32 of 68
We were going to get some ZMF, but unfortunately it's a little short notice for this meet. Next time :)wink:)!

Considering Zach is ramping up for the Caldera campaign, it's understandable. I'm sure others coming may have a ZMF or two.

I just got confirmation my friends and I will bring the following:
  • Focal Utopia
  • Dan Clark Expanse
  • HiFiMan Susvara
  • Audeze LCD-4
  • iBasso DX320
  • A&K Kann Max
  • Matrix X-Sabre 3
  • Spl Phonitor XE
  • ampsandsound Forge
  • ampsandsound Nautilus
Let me know if there's anything you're excited about :)

Nice list. Should complement what I've heard others maybe bringing.

Sep 28, 2022 at 6:58 PM Post #33 of 68
I’m planning on bringing the following:

- LCD-2 Pre-Fazor
- Hifiman HE6SE
- ZMF Vérité Open
- Wells Audio Dragon Level 2 (custom)
- Schiit Gungnir MB

Maybe
- Sennheiser HD 600

Sep 28, 2022 at 10:01 PM Post #34 of 68
What time should we arrive on Saturday if we're setting up a table?

Sep 30, 2022 at 6:29 PM Post #35 of 68
I believe the meet starts at 12 noon, so getting there around 11-11:30AM to set up would probably be a good idea.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2022 at 7:59 PM Post #36 of 68
Looking forward to being there tomorrow!

Sep 30, 2022 at 9:14 PM Post #37 of 68
OK, so about that little surprise that I said I might be able to get for the meet, well I just got it!

It's a NITSCH x Schiit Magni Piety! :grin:It's a prototype, but it's the final version, so the production version should sound identical to it.

IMG_0477.jpegIMG_0475.jpeg

A big thanks to Christian (@CEE TEE) for getting it to me in time! I'll have it hooked up to a Denafrips Ares II DAC at the meet tomorrow.

So if you're curious to hear what this little guy sounds like, come on down and give it a listen!! :L3000:

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2022 at 1:04 AM Post #38 of 68
A huge thank you to Rosson for hosting this get together. Since I did not have the pleasure to attend SoCal CanJam, this was a fantastic alternative! I was really glad to have been able to attend! Here’s just a handful of photos that I took, most of which were likely as people were still getting set up, so my apologies to those who showed up later with gear or just yourselves and are not pictured here.

It was great to meet you all, listen to lots of different things, and chat with you fantastic folks!

(Apologies… the pictures are all out of order!)

Attachments

• _LIU0133.jpg
    _LIU0133.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • _LIU0130.jpg
    _LIU0130.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • _LIU0131.jpg
    _LIU0131.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • _LIU0127.jpg
    _LIU0127.jpg
  • _LIU0140.jpg
    _LIU0140.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • _LIU0138.jpg
    _LIU0138.jpg
  • _LIU0125.jpg
    _LIU0125.jpg
  • _LIU0141.jpg
    _LIU0141.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • _LIU0137.jpg
    _LIU0137.jpg
  • _LIU0142.jpg
    _LIU0142.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • _LIU0143.jpg
    _LIU0143.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • _LIU0146.jpg
    _LIU0146.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • _LIU0147.jpg
    _LIU0147.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • _LIU0154.jpg
    _LIU0154.jpg
  • _LIU0156.jpg
    _LIU0156.jpg
  • _LIU0163.jpg
    _LIU0163.jpg
  • _LIU0162.jpg
    _LIU0162.jpg
  • _LIU0148.jpg
    _LIU0148.jpg
  • _LIU0166.jpg
    _LIU0166.jpg
  • _LIU0168.jpg
    _LIU0168.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • _LIU0169.jpg
    _LIU0169.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • _LIU0173.jpg
    _LIU0173.jpg
  • _LIU0181.jpg
    _LIU0181.jpg
  • _LIU0189.jpg
    _LIU0189.jpg
  • _LIU0190.jpg
    _LIU0190.jpg
Oct 2, 2022 at 2:23 PM Post #39 of 68
A huge thank you to Rosson for hosting this get together. Since I did not have the pleasure to attend SoCal CanJam, this was a fantastic alternative! I was really glad to have been able to attend! Here’s just a handful of photos that I took, most of which were likely as people were still getting set up, so my apologies to those who showed up later with gear or just yourselves and are not pictured here.

It was great to meet you all, listen to lots of different things, and chat with you fantastic folks!

Great pictures! Anything stand out for you?

Oct 2, 2022 at 2:30 PM Post #40 of 68

Great pics! All the f/2.0 bokeh

Copied from elsewhere:

Definitely big shout out and appreciation to @rosson and his crew for being very gracious hosts to us!

Always fun to see so many familiar faces and meet new people in the hobby and see what weird stuff people have been up to.

A few standout items I remember:
1. Piety - Can't wait to compare it to the liquid spark for the work desk set-up. It's not as warm and there's a little Magni shining through, but I think a Piety+modi multibit is going to be a real winning combo. I think it outperforms the spark on a technical level, so this may become the de facto new entry level warm amp.

2. ETA Mini C/S - Might be the best out of the box headphone tuning I've heard on a headphone.

3. Modded LCD-4 - I don't think this person has much of an online presence but really enjoyed clarity / unmuddying of the bass on this mod. The treble sounded much more even. In many ways this sounded like a different headphone that just shared technical performance with the stock LCD-4. I started to see the LCD-4's driver potential here

4. Atrium / Bakoon Stack - It's always fun to listen to the Bakoon gear, it just rarely shows up anymore. Atrium was really pleasant. First time I heard a ZMF headphone get to the technical performance I would want to hear to start to consider it.

5. RAD-0 - I was really impressed with this headphone. This headphone breaks the prevalent winds of planars having thinner and thinner drivers and sounding more like Stax with light fluffy bass. It's bass has heft and weight, but the driver also scales really well and still pulls low level detail. It's reminiscent of the older Audeze and older Hifiman headphones, but with more refinement. Build is quite excellent and also nails comfort, but clamp was a bit strong for me.

Also look @Insidious Meme I'm on head-fi too!

Oct 2, 2022 at 2:50 PM Post #41 of 68

Fantastic pics! It was great to be able to make this event, try out some new and interesting gear, and meet new people and make some new friends! Thanks @Rosson Audio for hosting this - it was a wonderful time!

Oct 2, 2022 at 3:22 PM Post #42 of 68
I would like to thank @Rosson Audio and crew for being gracious hosts for the meet, Head Space So-Cal. Alex wants to genuinely have these types of meets that aren't necessarily like a trade show vibe, and more a chill community feel. No overbearing vendor prescence. He was also excited by the turnout on short notice.

I'd like to thank those for bringing gear as well for others to check out. Alot of times I was chatting with people, mostly from just keeping the vibe, but at times because the more popular rigs were locked up and I couldn't get in to listen.

Also, I like to thank those that attended. A community like this isn't just one board/social media area/etc. It's diverse opinions with a love of audio getting together.

As for the future, I'm sure @Sebastien Chiu and @Rosson Audio will address that in due time.

Here’s just a handful of photos that I took, most of which were likely as people were still getting set up, so my apologies to those who showed up later with gear or just yourselves and are not pictured here.

Great pics. Thanks for taking them.

Also look @Insidious Meme I'm on head-fi too!

Aww. You've been on here almost as long as I have.

1664738396912.png

Oct 2, 2022 at 4:10 PM Post #43 of 68
Great pictures! Anything stand out for you?

Thank you!

As far as sound, I had a lot of fun listening to Rob’s Focal and Chord gear. Makes me really curious to hear the 2022 Utopia now. The modded Fostex headphones were a surprise to me as well. Listening to the Susvara on the Phonitor made me miss my Susvara as well. I do love those headphones. It was a cool experience being able to listen to the K1000, too. I did like the Rosson setup in the front room, though I will say, for my head, the clamp force would be a deterrent to me.

Looking at some of the budget stuff, like the Schiit Lyr and the Ygg were pretty cool.

I didn’t get a chance to listen to the Bakoon stack, but was interested, but just never got around to it. Also was nice to be able to hear and compare the 64 Audio U18T and U18S too, especially compared to my A12T.

I will say that I was somewhat disappointed in the Expanse. Thought I’d like those more than I did, but then again I only tried them for a couple minutes.

And again, one of the most stand out parts of the meet up was getting to talk to a bunch of the head-fiers. Loved the community building aspect.

Oct 2, 2022 at 4:13 PM Post #44 of 68
Great pics! All the f/2.0 bokeh

Thank you! A handful were at lower aperture, but I do love shooting wide open wherever possible! And also great impressions you posted! Thanks for sharing!

Oct 2, 2022 at 11:01 PM Post #45 of 68
It was a good time and lots of fun! Great group of headphone fans.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back