PS headsets
Apr 14, 2021 at 4:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Playstation

500+ Head-Fier
As you all most likely know, short of buying a mixamp or the like, the only way to utilize the vss is through Sony gold, platinum, pulse headsets. Which, are definitely a cheaper route to achieve vss. There's also the hyperxcloud orbits, which are around $300.

I have an adult size head. I personally don't find hyperx headsets to be very comfortable. So I am curious if anyone has tried any of the Sony headsets.

how comfortable are they? how do they sound? do they provide any advantage in FPS games?

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2021 at 5:18 PM Post #2 of 2
I have the pulse for ps5. The sound is pretty solid for the price and its nice to have hooked up when my wife is working and on calls, but I will say the earcups are tiny. I have a big head but fairly normal ears (maybe a bit on the large side but not dumbo!), and the band is fine for my headsize, but my ears hurt from the cups after an hour or two of playing.

The Platinum are more comfortable overall, but I like the Pulse sound more. The Gold are worse in both respects to me. I used all of them quite a bit (I used to work at Sony Playstation and we were given them) so from my experience, if I was looking purely for comfort it would be the Plat, sound would be Pulse, skip the Gold.

I don't play any FPS games on Console and use AKG 712 for my PC FPS gaming, so I can't comment on that. I will say the Pulse sounds insanely detailed to me in games like Demons Souls that use the 3d Audio engine stuff on the PS5. Rain, footsteps, sword swings/hits all sound great and ffeel positioned extremely well. I think the $100 price point of the Pulse is solid for what you get as long as your ears are maybe on the smaller side?

Hope that helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back