Qobuz Lossless Streaming Service Thread
Oct 14, 2017 at 5:19 PM Post #17 of 2,156
So I want "HiFi"??
Screenshot_20171014-141805.jpg

Oct 14, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #18 of 2,156
Are you saying Germans don't like the German army etc?

Actually if you want to visit a society which cheerfully pulls its weight in NATO, that would be Denmark. Too bad Denmark's population is only about the size of the San Francisco Bay Area's. Germany's history makes this discussion much more complex...and likewise a discussion of US military history and culture would take this thread way off track. Way.

Oct 14, 2017 at 5:54 PM Post #20 of 2,156
Yes, "HiFi" is the tier for lossless streaming, including MQA when available. Clearly someone let the marketers name the lower tier "Premium".
OK thanks. And cool story about Denmark

Dec 11, 2017 at 6:35 PM Post #21 of 2,156
Jan 2, 2018 at 4:02 AM Post #22 of 2,156
So thankful there already is a Qobuz thread. I am using Qobuz since March 2015 with the so called Hi-Fi subscription. Now my frustration with Qobuz has been really growing.
1. The iOs App crashes quite often on my iPad Air and my iPhone 7 (both with 50 GB free space and the newest iOs version 11.2.1). It especially crashes when I try to edit my playlists.
2. In the past when you bough a HiRes title you were able to download it to your iOS device. Now it changes always when you pick the HiRes otpion (and you bought the title) to CD quality. Wrote them approx. a month ago and they wrote me back that it a mistake frome their side but did not do anything about it since then. :-x
3. The importing tracks function is completely buggy. Quite often it starts downloading a CD but then nothing happens. If I go to the download list, I see that all tracks are listed but nothing happens. The only way to deall with it is listening track by track so that the songs are a least in the Cache.
4. The Qobuz android App is unseless for my Sony NW-ZX2. It crashes all the time. And using Qobuz was the sole reason for buying the Sony NW-ZX2 and not its successor. So this really is hard to chew on.
5. The Qobuz search function is a joke.
So Qobuz says they are great for classical music.
Ever heard the name Tschaikowsky / Tschaikowski depending if you are using the Russian or the Western-Europ writing?
1684B866-0509-4C84-8976-CE2D82C29330.png

E006A1C6-A169-4DEB-A93A-FF14FDEDB58B.png

If they would care about the classical music people they would offer just one place where you would find composers work.

The same is true for names from works like Goldberg Variationen (German writing), Goldberg Variations
Shouldn’t someone file them in a way that you always get all results?

2797F307-C4BA-4AED-B04E-A583EFECB825.png C1E9E881-C794-4835-A752-4689D8E81FE4.png

For a streaming service targeting the classical and Jazz community it is a mess. I guess the new streaming service Idagio will have it fairly easy to get Qobuz people.

6. Now in the 2018 New Years Facebook post they speak about intenationalization. It drives my crazy if someone is not doing its homework, delivering a buggy product but wants to go big. This can only go wrong.

Jan 4, 2018 at 8:52 AM Post #23 of 2,156
So thankful there already is a Qobuz thread. I am using Qobuz since March 2015 with the so called Hi-Fi subscription. Now my frustration with Qobuz has been really growing.
1. The iOs App crashes quite often on my iPad Air and my iPhone 7 (both with 50 GB free space and the newest iOs version 11.2.1). It especially crashes when I try to edit my playlists.
2. In the past when you bough a HiRes title you were able to download it to your iOS device. Now it changes always when you pick the HiRes otpion (and you bought the title) to CD quality. Wrote them approx. a month ago and they wrote me back that it a mistake frome their side but did not do anything about it since then. :-x
3. The importing tracks function is completely buggy. Quite often it starts downloading a CD but then nothing happens. If I go to the download list, I see that all tracks are listed but nothing happens. The only way to deall with it is listening track by track so that the songs are a least in the Cache.
4. The Qobuz android App is unseless for my Sony NW-ZX2. It crashes all the time. And using Qobuz was the sole reason for buying the Sony NW-ZX2 and not its successor. So this really is hard to chew on.
5. The Qobuz search function is a joke.
So Qobuz says they are great for classical music.
Ever heard the name Tschaikowsky / Tschaikowski depending if you are using the Russian or the Western-Europ writing?

If they would care about the classical music people they would offer just one place where you would find composers work.

The same is true for names from works like Goldberg Variationen (German writing), Goldberg Variations
Shouldn’t someone file them in a way that you always get all results?

For a streaming service targeting the classical and Jazz community it is a mess. I guess the new streaming service Idagio will have it fairly easy to get Qobuz people.

6. Now in the 2018 New Years Facebook post they speak about intenationalization. It drives my crazy if someone is not doing its homework, delivering a buggy product but wants to go big. This can only go wrong.
Hey! Sorry to learn you're facing so many issues with the iOS app! :frowning2: I'm currently not subscribed, but I figured since they've been pushing out updates so frequently, all the bugs since the redesign would've been fixed. Have you tried emailing ios@qobuz.com instead of regular support? I remember I emailed the iOS team when support wasn't responding and got a reply the very same day...

Jan 4, 2018 at 1:02 PM Post #24 of 2,156
Hey! Sorry to learn you're facing so many issues with the iOS app! :frowning2: I'm currently not subscribed, but I figured since they've been pushing out updates so frequently, all the bugs since the redesign would've been fixed. Have you tried emailing ios@qobuz.com instead of regular support? I remember I emailed the iOS team when support wasn't responding and got a reply the very same day...
Thank you. I will definetly try to write them under the email address.

Jan 8, 2018 at 2:49 PM Post #30 of 2,156

Users who are viewing this thread

Back