Qudelix-T71 Thread | 8V RMS, PEQ & 7.1 Surround USB DAC/Amp
Apr 30, 2024 at 11:59 AM Post #407 of 434
I use my T71 with my PC (i7-13700KF, RTX 3090 Ti) every day and have never experienced any issues. Just an FYI, USB noise and interference issues can sometimes be introduced when using the USB ports on the computer case itself, which is why it's recommended to use the USB ports on the motherboard to get the best experience.
Appreciate the advice! I will sugest my friend to do it that way.
Thanks!

May 1, 2024 at 6:43 AM Post #408 of 434
Hi guys. I have a question. Has anyone used the T71 with a desktop gaming PC? I have a friend who wants to buy the Qudelix T71, but he told me that gaming desktops PCs are prone to introduce noises on some USB devices.

Has anyone tried the T71 with a gaming pc? I tried it on 2 laptops and didn't get any hiss or noises, but don't have a desktop setup.

Thanks in advance!

I only use the T71 when I'm here sitting at the desk with my built PC (Meshroom S case, 13600K & RTX 4090) and I haven't had any issues with any DACs/Amps before, and both Qudelix have not been the exception either. :)

Due to the compact size of the case and its vertical form factor, I have it positioned sideways with the rear facing towards my monitor. This way, I utilize the motherboard's I/O to connect everything directly (however, I have also tried the ports on the case itself, which are located on the top, and I haven't noticed any noise either).

We're definitely talking about devices (the vast majority of DACs) that isolate most interference noises very effectively.

Last edited:
May 1, 2024 at 6:48 AM Post #410 of 434
I only use the T71 when I'm here sitting at the desk with my built PC (Meshroom S case, 13600K & RTX 4090) and I haven't had any issues with any DACs/Amps before, and both Qudelix have not been the exception either. :)

Due to the compact size of the case and its vertical form factor, I have it positioned sideways with the rear facing towards my monitor. This way, I utilize the motherboard's I/O to connect everything directly (however, I have also tried the ports on the case itself, which are located on the top, and I haven't noticed any noise either).

We're definitely talking about devices (the vast majority of DACs) that effectively isolate any interference noise by design.
Gracias! He already ordered it. I bet he will do fine.

May 1, 2024 at 6:50 AM Post #411 of 434
About the android App. It's great that we finally got it. However, there's something that I don't like.
It looks like you need to turn bluetooth on in your phone or it won't work.
I really can't see the point of that when the T71 doesn't even have BT...

May 1, 2024 at 6:52 AM Post #413 of 434
About the android App. It's great that we finally got it. However, there's something that I don't like.

It would be interesting to discuss it in the official forums as it definitely doesn't make sense!

May 1, 2024 at 8:17 AM Post #415 of 434
Finally, this is great for Android users!

Even though I never use the T71 with my iPhone, I hope they eventually update the iOS version as well.
I have read from the Neutron DAC developer that, currently, iOS does not expose access to USB HID interfaces (the usual mechanism to r/w settings to a USB device). If it’s true, developers can’t do anything until Apple opens that up…
Another version is that it has to do with MFI certification.
Anyway, it’s probably non trivial.

May 1, 2024 at 1:29 PM Post #416 of 434
Probably an oversight because the app was originally for the 5K device only. I'm sure they will fix it.

May 1, 2024 at 5:43 PM Post #417 of 434
https://www.qudelix.com/pages/forum?p=post/android-app-not-working-on-t71-without-bluetooth-13363853?trail=15

Already created a thread. Please write there to see if they notice it. Cause it's not necessary and a waste of battery.

Done. :smile_phones:

I have read from the Neutron DAC developer that, currently, iOS does not expose access to USB HID interfaces (the usual mechanism to r/w settings to a USB device). If it’s true, developers can’t do anything until Apple opens that up…
Another version is that it has to do with MFI certification.
Anyway, it’s probably non trivial.

Yes, it's likely a restriction imposed by Apple that prevents the update from being carried out, although I've read that both the 5K and the T71 can be used via USB on iOS devices with no problems.

Actually, it's not urgent for me because I never use the T71 with my phone (and it's not a recent iPhone with USB-C either), but it would be convenient to be able to update it and change the settings from there in case I'm in a location where I don't have access to the Chrome plugin (and well, even to be able to use it with an iPad).

May 1, 2024 at 6:57 PM Post #418 of 434
although I've read that both the 5K and the T71 can be used via USB on iOS devices with no problems.
This part is not a problem: both the 5K and T71 work (as playing music) when connected through USB (with adapter/cable if Lightning) to an iOS device! :ksc75smile:

When you plug 5K/T71 through USB, there are two kinds of logic interfaces sharing the same USB physical connection:
  • An UAC-1 (5K, 24/96 max.) or UAC-2 (T71) audio connection. This part works fine on iOS as it does support UAC audio devices.
  • Several HID or similar interfaces for the 5K/T71 settings (example PEQ). That’s the part that is not exposed to iOS apps (but it is on Android, PC, Linux, MacOS).
These two types of interfaces are “logic”, they share and talk over the same USB physical cable…

The MFI theory is that iOS exposes these non-UAC logic interfaces, but only if the device is MFI-certified (meaning Apple royalties and other things…).

BT does not have these restrictions (it may have other…), which is why the iOS app works fine with the 5K over BT.

So my 5Ks work (play music) when connected through USB to my iPhone. But from the iOS app, I can only change the settings through BT.
Note that I can have both USB and BT connections with the 5K active at the same time with, for example, priority set to USB for music playing, and BT only used for the settings.

I can also have the 5K playing music from say a PlayStation (USB), with the settings managed from the iPhone (BT).

Or, weirder, I can have the 5K playing BT music from my iPhone, with the settings managed from the Chrome extension (USB).

The T71 also plays music when connected through USB to my iPhone, but I can’t change any settings… EDIT: well, I can change settings through the T71 menus and buttons!

Pfeww… That was complicated !!! :sweat:

Last edited:
May 1, 2024 at 8:16 PM Post #419 of 434
This part is not a problem: both the 5K and T71 work (as playing music) when connected through USB (with adapter/cable if Lightning) to an iOS device! :ksc75smile:

When you plug 5K/T71 through USB, there are two kinds of logic interfaces sharing the same USB physical connection:
  • An UAC-1 (5K, 24/96 max.) or UAC-2 (T71) audio connection. This part works fine on iOS as it does support UAC audio devices.
  • Several HID or similar interfaces for the 5K/T71 settings (example PEQ). That’s the part that is not exposed to iOS apps (but it is on Android, PC, Linux, MacOS).
These two types of interfaces are “logic”, they share and talk over the same USB physical cable…

The MFI theory is that iOS exposes these non-UAC logic interfaces, but only if the device is MFI-certified (meaning Apple royalties and other things…).

BT does not have these restrictions (it may have other…), which is why the iOS app works fine with the 5K over BT.

So my 5Ks work (play music) when connected through USB to my iPhone. But from the iOS app, I can only change the settings through BT.
Note that I can have both USB and BT connections with the 5K active at the same time with, for example, priority set to USB for music playing, and BT only used for the settings.

I can also have the 5K playing music from say a PlayStation (USB), with the settings managed from the iPhone (BT).

Or, weirder, I can have the 5K playing BT music from my iPhone, with the settings managed from the Chrome extension (USB).

The T71 also plays music when connected through USB to my iPhone, but I can’t change any settings… EDIT: well, I can change settings through the T71 menus and buttons!

Pfeww… That was complicated !!! :sweat:

The differentiation between UAC audio connection (which even gaming consoles recognize) and the other logical interfaces that allow configuring the rest of the parameters makes perfect sense to understand all this, thanks for the explanation!

I would really love to be able to detach myself from the iPhone for my daily life as I'm no longer involved with the Apple ecosystem (beyond the M1 MBA that I also have and love, but use quite sparingly) and here in Mexico, we don't have the issue with the iMessage paranoia. However, there are some apps that I use that are only available on iOS and especially the convenience of having Apple Pay with my main bank for contactless payments, which makes switching to Android quite complicated despite having juggled between both operating systems for many years...

Perhaps I'll end up buying an Android again as a secondary phone for home. :yum:

May 2, 2024 at 12:29 AM Post #420 of 434
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back