San Diego headphones group or club?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 25, 2023 at 5:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 42

juannycash

100+ Head-Fier
Hey everyone! Anyone a part of any groups, clubs or friend circles here in San Diego? Would be happy to connect with folks that have other higher end gear to see how much of a community we have down here. Thanks!

Mar 26, 2023 at 1:38 AM Post #2 of 42
There is another san diego thread somewhere here on headfi where some people chimed in, but we haven't done a meet or anything yet. I'd be happy to bring some gear if someone wanted to host one.

Mar 26, 2023 at 3:54 PM Post #3 of 42
There is another san diego thread somewhere here on headfi where some people chimed in, but we haven't done a meet or anything yet. I'd be happy to bring some gear if someone wanted to host one.
Copy that, understood. Great selection of equipment you’ve got, I’ve been jonesing to try a pair of Atriums as I’ve never checked any ZMF cans in the flesh before but here in San Diego that simply isn’t an option unless there are some groups of folks around. Furthermore, connecting with folks with the same interests to nerd out with gear sounds pretty cool too. None of my circle of friends are into phones at all, so it’s very much a private hobby I enjoy for the time being. Stereo unlimited does carry Meze, Audeze and Grado here in town but not much more, I think the next closest shop would be the Source AV in Torrence I think. It would be cool to take a trip down there for a day to check out gear as well!

Mar 26, 2023 at 4:55 PM Post #4 of 42
I just rediscovered this tab left open in my browser... I got busy all of a sudden, and forgot to post my reply, which would have been to tag @DenverW. Glad it all worked out anyway! :smiley::thumbsup:

Mar 26, 2023 at 4:56 PM Post #5 of 42
I just rediscovered this tab left open in my browser... I got busy all of a sudden, and forgot to post my reply, which would have been to tag @DenverW. Glad it all worked out anyway! :smiley::thumbsup:
All good my guy! Are you local to SD as well?

Mar 26, 2023 at 4:58 PM Post #6 of 42
All good my guy! Are you local to SD as well?

Nah, I'm up in L.A. I used to visit friends in La Jolla all the time, but that was a very long time ago. BTW, you should totally visit The Source AV, you'd love it. Also, start planning for CanJam SoCal 2023! :relaxed:

Mar 26, 2023 at 5:01 PM Post #7 of 42
Nah, I'm up in L.A. I used to visit friends in La Jolla all the time, but that was a very long time ago. BTW, you should totally visit The Source AV, you'd love it. Also, start planning for CanJam SoCal 2023! :relaxed:
No doubt man, I’m looking forward to SoCal 2023! I’ve heard awesome things about the Source AV, it seems like a dreamland for all of the phones guys out there. Definitely on the to do list! I’m really surprised there are so few San Diego folks around these parts lol

Mar 26, 2023 at 6:24 PM Post #9 of 42
I had a day trip up to the source AV and it was worth it. Very accommodating, and very helpful to learn preferences and save my constant buy and sell process :).

But….canjam SoCal was on a different level. The energy, people, and gear was amazing.

The best part of local meets is that you can directly try things on your own gear and stack (if you bring it). I’ve currently got both a tube dac and tube amp, and I’d really like to hear how a good solid state amp like a bliss works with the tubadour, or how the bigger ben would sound with a more analytical dac. I have a nice pairing of dynamic and planar headphones so I could do a real comparison!

Mar 26, 2023 at 6:44 PM Post #10 of 42
I had a day trip up to the source AV and it was worth it. Very accommodating, and very helpful to learn preferences and save my constant buy and sell process :).

But….canjam SoCal was on a different level. The energy, people, and gear was amazing.

The best part of local meets is that you can directly try things on your own gear and stack (if you bring it). I’ve currently got both a tube dac and tube amp, and I’d really like to hear how a good solid state amp like a bliss works with the tubadour, or how the bigger ben would sound with a more analytical dac. I have a nice pairing of dynamic and planar headphones so I could do a real comparison!
This x 1000 my man! I agree, it would be awesome to be able to try different components to see how things really pair up for one’s self in addition to sharing some of our stuff for the folks that haven’t heard some of the pairings before.

I definitely need to take a day trip up there to the Source AV and check some things out. I’ve spoken on the phone with them quite a few times and they’ve been very helpful with feedback and things like that.

Hopefully we get a few more SD guys to chime in!

Mar 26, 2023 at 10:36 PM Post #11 of 42
If someone has a home or work space I’d be happy to pack up the bigger Ben and dac as well as bringing some headphones for people to demo.

Mar 27, 2023 at 12:25 AM Post #12 of 42
If someone has a home or work space I’d be happy to pack up the bigger Ben and dac as well as bringing some headphones for people to demo.
Same here, let’s see if we get some other like minded folks around the area and if we can I’m sure we can pretty easily figure something out around here. There are so many people in San Diego, there has to be others out here I would imagine with some cool stuff to bring and check out. To anyone following this thread from San Diego, please don’t hesitate to chime in!

Apr 17, 2023 at 8:52 AM Post #13 of 42
I’d be interested in something more local than driving up the LA. The last time I was at a local meet here was like 10 years ago at Coronado library. When I lived in Seattle, they used have quarterly meetups. Not sure if anyone has suggestions for a place. Haven’t check if downtown library or others let you reserve space. I have a ZMF Caldera and Naim Atom Uniti HE.

I just realize I could probably use my condo’s amenities room to host a small gathering. Think holds about 20-30 people.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2023 at 4:16 PM Post #14 of 42
I’d be interested in something more local than driving up the LA. The last time I was at a local meet here was like 10 years ago at Coronado library. When I lived in Seattle, they used have quarterly meetups. Not sure if anyone has suggestions for a place. Haven’t check if downtown library or others let you reserve space. I have a ZMF Caldera and Naim Atom Uniti HE.

I just realize I could probably use my condo’s amenities room to host a small gathering. Think holds about 20-30 people.
That could be pretty awesome! Hopefully we find a few more San Diego hobbiests to put something together!

Apr 24, 2023 at 7:29 PM Post #15 of 42
That could be pretty awesome! Hopefully we find a few more San Diego hobbiests to put something together!
Yeah I hope so. I get a little overwhelmed at CanJam, so would be nice to listen to other people’s gear in a small setting. Plus could see how my headphones sound on different setups. Not sure if a new thread with interest check in the title would help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back