Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 4, 2024 at 7:07 PM Post #150,571 of 152,247
She agreed to fly from New Orleans to Nashville to meet me in person. It was a huge leap of faith on her part. In our case, it worked out. Sometimes it doesn't. After we met, Southwest Airlines became our best friend ... $79 round trips that we booked months forward. A match made in Heaven. :)

May 4, 2024 at 7:27 PM Post #150,572 of 152,247
I heard some people will demagnetize, clean with special liquid before ripping a CD and only do it at the middle of the night and claim the electricity is much cleaner .........

I meet Joe Grado once, when he came to Nimbus for a CD project we were pressing. Joe hung out in the audio suites with us, while waiting for test press samples. While there, Joe showed us his then new headphones, which were great. But Joe also brought some CD cleaner liquid he made. Joe rubbed it on a disc and buffed it off, and the stuffed worked! Three of us did an A/B test and we all heard a positive difference. I don't think Joe ever released the liquid.

May 4, 2024 at 7:28 PM Post #150,573 of 152,247
Wow leave for a day and you guys are touting the number of years married!!
LOL!

I will be 54 this June 6th! Married young...still together after all these years...hmmm is there a song there??

Notice the "Hot Rod!"...JHS NOS Sylvania 5963, Round Halo Getter Green Label. Matched pair. Sounds decent in Vali 3.
Those blurry PURPLE cables were made by the master himself!! @Paladin79 . Purple is my favorite!

Alex
1714863367518.png
Well that settles it, @bcowen can take a hike with his bilious green.🤪🤪

May 4, 2024 at 7:38 PM Post #150,575 of 152,247
The Vali 3 listening sessions continue.

20240504_183553.jpg

May 4, 2024 at 7:39 PM Post #150,576 of 152,247
Nimbus designed and built their own proprietary CD cutting lathes. Our lathes could cut the glass masters at 1X speed. Many labels felt our CDs sounded better as a result. We used to press for many of the audiophile labels. I ran those cutting lathes for about 8 years, before transferring to the audio department. Then, it was always nice to get to listen to those test press runs...! 🤗
I love hearing stories like this.

May 4, 2024 at 7:47 PM Post #150,577 of 152,247
She agreed to fly from New Orleans to Nashville to meet me in person. It was a huge leap of faith on her part. In our case, it worked out. Sometimes it doesn't. After we met, Southwest Airlines became our best friend ... $79 round trips that we booked months forward. A match made in Heaven. :)
Congrats! Don't mind me. I'll find any excuse to reference that movie scene 🙂

May 4, 2024 at 7:49 PM Post #150,578 of 152,247
I meet Joe Grado once, when he came to Nimbus for a CD project we were pressing. Joe hung out in the audio suites with us, while waiting for test press samples. While there, Joe showed us his then new headphones, which were great. But Joe also brought some CD cleaner liquid he made. Joe rubbed it on a disc and buffed it off, and the stuffed worked! Three of us did an A/B test and we all heard a positive difference. I don't think Joe ever released the liquid.
I've been using this stuff for years.
Great for cleaning cd's, dust covers, face-plates on gear and your black lacquer grand pianos.

Attachments

• IMG_0049.JPG
    IMG_0049.JPG
    167.4 KB · Views: 0
May 4, 2024 at 8:10 PM Post #150,579 of 152,247
Man, I think Cowen Green is becoming even more infamous than British Racing Green!
Purple has a bit of history:😁
“In Europe, since some Roman emperors wore a Tyrian purple (purpura) toga praetexta, purple has been the color most associated with power and royalty. The British Royal Family and other European royalty still use it as a ceremonial color on special occasions.”

May 4, 2024 at 8:26 PM Post #150,580 of 152,247
Purple has a bit of history:😁
“In Europe, since some Roman emperors wore a Tyrian purple (purpura) toga praetexta, purple has been the color most associated with power and royalty. The British Royal Family and other European royalty still use it as a ceremonial color on special occasions.”
Does "tube royalty" count as a thing? Maybe Bill should have gone with purple...

May 4, 2024 at 8:28 PM Post #150,581 of 152,247
May 4, 2024 at 9:14 PM Post #150,582 of 152,247
20240503_210238.jpg
Jason Isbell at Red Rocks tonight. In the ultimate"awkward pre set tour' scenarios, I don't think this can be topped. Divorced months ago but she is still opening. Made several illusions to him cheating...
ckqbjB.jpg

May 4, 2024 at 9:14 PM Post #150,583 of 152,247
Peter Erskine is a highly regarded Jazz drummer with quite the resume having been with 'Weather Report' and 'Steps Ahead'. This is a smooth one highlighting Peter's soft and precise work in support of an excellent trio. Another very well recorded live album. Turn down the lights and have your favorite beverage at the ready. I think you will enjoy this one.

Tonight's Jazz recommendation:

JazzReco-1.jpg

Last edited:
May 4, 2024 at 9:22 PM Post #150,584 of 152,247
Would the digital stream sound better through a Yggy? Probably, but considering most internet radio is supper compressed, not worth the money if that was your only source.
Radio Paradise main mix FLAC stream: https://stream.radioparadise.com/flac

Check it out! It sounds fantastic, to say nothing of their amazing music choices.
RP is a bit like NW Indiana (where @RCBinTN and I grew up): if you don't like the weather music, just wait ten minutes...
I've found more amazing music on RP than anyplace else. I send them a donation every couple of months. It's that good!

May 4, 2024 at 9:26 PM Post #150,585 of 152,247
Rain has moved on south from north bay. See some blue amid broken cloud banks, and strong wind
Yeah, the sun is out and the trees are blowing sideways.
Good day to stay inside and listen to my Yggy transplant...

So far, it's been LIAR listening today, but planning to face the speakers soon.
Yggy OG A2 and Yggy MiB are definitely identical twins... but the more you listen, the more tiny differences you hear.
I will try to enumerate them for y'all... gonna take some time, though. It's Saturday. <g>

/ds

Users who are viewing this thread

Back