Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 18, 2024 at 9:29 PM Post #152,311 of 153,859
Tonight's non-Jazz recommendation is a bit out of my typical musical wheelhouse, but one that I really like despite knowing very little about the Ambient-Techno genre.

1716082293036.png

Last edited:
May 18, 2024 at 9:32 PM Post #152,312 of 153,859
Lol! I'm surprised that you know who hasn't yet commented that I have wine in a bottle instead of a box. He's probably taking his before-dinner nap. 🤣 🤣
Nothing hits the spot like a before-dinner nap. Not even an after-dinner drink (or two).

May 18, 2024 at 9:37 PM Post #152,313 of 153,859
... I just had to replace my iPad Pro last month; ...
Getting a nice stand for the iPad, and a functioning USB into an Yggy would be a fantastic solution.
The Qobuz app work for you? I mean, in the sense that's it's not an ergonomic disaster?

May 18, 2024 at 9:38 PM Post #152,314 of 153,859
Nothing hits the spot like a before-dinner nap. Not even an after-dinner drink (or two).
Unless I have a severe cold or flu and I have taken meds I never nap lol. Now I might sleep 8-9 hours a night so I am quite rested during the day.😁

May 18, 2024 at 9:57 PM Post #152,317 of 153,859
I'm a bigger fan of ZZ Top's older / bluesier stuff.

(If 'Manic Mechanic' ain't their worst cut I don't know what is. 🙄)

I like their old stuff and their new stuff. But they had a phase in the 80s when they went too far into that synth sound for me, I can do without that.
I need more ZZ Top, only song I have is Sharp Dressed Man which is probably the synth sound @ArmchairPhilosopher doesn't like. Song of theirs I know I want a copy of is Legs (I do have to say a sampling of the videos with that song are questionable to modern standards :-O).

What do you two recommend for CDs to add some ZZ Top to my collection?

(fun trivia: on the show Bones one of the character's father is literally one of the ZZ Top members)

Last edited:
May 18, 2024 at 10:00 PM Post #152,318 of 153,859
I need more ZZ Top, only song I have is Sharp Dressed Man which is probably the synth sound @ArmchairPhilosopher doesn't like. Song of theirs I know I want a copy of is Legs (I do have to say a sampling of the videos with that song are questionable to modern standards :-O).

(fun trivia: on the show Bones one of the character's father is literally one of the ZZ Top members)
Pearl necklace. Not sure what it's about.....

May 18, 2024 at 10:07 PM Post #152,320 of 153,859
Tonight's non-Jazz recommendation is a bit out of my typical musical wheelhouse, but one that I really like despite knowing very little about the Ambient-Techno genre.

1716082293036.png
Legendary and elusive band.

May 18, 2024 at 10:17 PM Post #152,321 of 153,859

For me it doesn't get much better than their first album titled... ZZ Top's First Album.

Not a bad track to be found but my personal faves would be "Certified Blues" and "Brown Sugar."

May 18, 2024 at 10:37 PM Post #152,322 of 153,859
For me it doesn't get much better than their first album titled... ZZ Top's First Album.

Not a bad track to be found but my personal faves would be "Certified Blues" and "Brown Sugar."

Is it just me, but does AC/DC's "Ride On" sound the same as, "Jesus Left Chicago"?

May 18, 2024 at 10:53 PM Post #152,323 of 153,859
Paladin 79 is my controller on whatever this thing is. lol. I respect all of you regulars. Ripper. I suggested a non jazz pick. Been liking them. I am suggesting a synthesizer album. I am pretty sure you said you don't like that type. Vangelis. Soil Festivities. Not smart enough to send a picture. Won't do this often. Night Night

May 18, 2024 at 11:05 PM Post #152,325 of 153,859

And Dusty Hill (RIP) voiced Hank Hill's cousin on King Of The Hill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back