Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 15, 2024 at 10:34 PM Post #151,921 of 153,859
I always take it as a personnal challenge. It keeps one paying attention on the road, which keeps you out of accidents way more effectively than driving slowly does.
This ^

May 15, 2024 at 10:54 PM Post #151,922 of 153,859
May 15, 2024 at 11:14 PM Post #151,924 of 153,859
One of the reasons (as if I needed a reason) in getting Vali 3 was the fact that my Piety volume pot was scratchy and my OCD just would not tolerate it. I may investigate removing the cover and using a bit of Deoxit when I get around to setting it up as part of a bedside HP rig. :wink:
In the FWIW department, this is my preferred tonic for pots:

https://www.amazon.com/DeoxIT-Fader...5829139&sprefix=caig+faderlube,aps,796&sr=8-5

1715829240198.png

May 15, 2024 at 11:16 PM Post #151,925 of 153,859
I ate pretty well in college because I can cook, and I made decent money playing poker and working part time. If things got tight I offered odds on games of chess. I did not need money from home but that came to me as well when I got robbed once,

May 15, 2024 at 11:21 PM Post #151,926 of 153,859
Tonight's Jazz recommendation is an absolute favorite of mine. Dave Holland on stand-up bass and Pepe Habichuela on guitar merge to form a bit of Spanish flamenco-like jazz that is an unexpected pleasure. I think (hope) you fine folks will enjoy it!

JazzReco-18.jpg
Ripper, I suggest a dual recommendation from you. You do the jazz one every night, but I know you like other music. You had that comment about the song on Captain Fantastic! Loved that! I'm an R&R and progressive dude. You got that also. Just pushing..... For no reason. Lol! Love to pick your brain! Thanks, Kyle
PS, Paladin seems to be buzzing on Moody Blues lately. Love it!

May 15, 2024 at 11:21 PM Post #151,927 of 153,859
I ate pretty well in college because I can cook, and I made decent money playing poker and working part time. If things got tight I offered odds on games of chess. I did not need money from home but that came to me as well when I got robbed once,
Lol! I got pretty good at cooking Spam, and can make the best bologna sandwich you've ever had using nothing but bread and bologna. Oh, and cereal was a specialty. 🤣

May 15, 2024 at 11:31 PM Post #151,928 of 153,859
Lol! I got pretty good at cooking Spam, and can make the best bologna sandwich you've ever had using nothing but bread and bologna. Oh, and cereal was a specialty. 🤣
lol I generally dined on fish, chicken, beef and pork and an Italian brother in law taught me various pasta dishes. I worked in a brickyard one year and could go to a locally grocery and buy beer, if I showed up cleaned up after work they checked my ID. I worked with some pretty rough characters and blended in during work hours. I did very physical labor and needed the calories so I tended to eat a lot. I never went hungry or failed to pay rent or tuition, I have been fortunate throughout my life.

Last edited:
May 15, 2024 at 11:38 PM Post #151,929 of 153,859
lol I generally dined on fish, chicken, beef and pork and an Italian brother in law taught me various pasta dishes. I worked in a brickyard one year and could go to a locally grocery and buy beer, if I showed up cleaned up after work they checked my ID. I worked with some pretty rough characters and blended in during work hours. I did very physical labor and needed the calories so I tended to eat a lot.
.... @bcowen needed the calories for walking barefoot, uphill both ways, in the blinding 'snownado' to skool - where he never thought they could lern 'im. 🤷🏻‍♂️

May 15, 2024 at 11:42 PM Post #151,930 of 153,859
.... @bcowen needed the calories for walking barefoot, uphill both ways, in the blinding 'snownado' to skool - where he never thought they could lern 'im. 🤷🏻‍♂️
And he did that for years and years while going to college.🤪 Speaking of which we now share the same college colors. Oklahoma is crimson and cream, IU is cream and crimson.🙀

May 15, 2024 at 11:52 PM Post #151,931 of 153,859
And he did that for years and years while going to college.🤪 Speaking of which we now share the same college colors. Oklahoma is crimson and cream, IU is cream and crimson.🙀
.... but IU gets it alphabetically correct ☑️. Food for thought: at OU, there's no chance in hell that bcowen would graduate sooner (!! 🤔🤣🤔🤣 .... "years and years")

May 16, 2024 at 12:00 AM Post #151,932 of 153,859
.... but IU gets it alphabetically correct ☑️. Food for thought: at OU, there's no chance in hell that bcowen would graduate sooner (!! 🤔🤣🤔🤣 .... "years and years")
Also I will not make fun of Bill for owning a Keurig, we have one that uses k cups or you can make a pot of coffee. We use freshly roasted beans we grind and are happy with that.😁
Oh and I may be making a couple custom stands for Tyrs soon, very Schiit related work.

May 16, 2024 at 12:15 AM Post #151,933 of 153,859
Thanks for the help ! I found an old sheet listing 32hz , sensitivity 103 . Not sure what sub should be paired with these, but open to trying one.
Crikey! That's going to be tough to blend, good thing you don't need to! The RSL SpeedWoofer is a top contender for quality/price ratio maximization; which is why they are almost always sold out. I like my Starkes and they run sales constantly: 2 for the price of 1, 15in for the price of the 12 etc, etc. Didn't like my SVS, do like my 3 OSD, my Outlaw M8 is a workhouse.

I have some TBI I could gift you (and amp) but they aren't really intended for movies.

May 16, 2024 at 12:17 AM Post #151,934 of 153,859
It's just telling you that you're reheating leftover pizza the wrong way. Skillet, medium-low heat, with a little olive oil. Topping side down first, then crust side. You're welcome.

Usually when microwaves I've worked on have just quit, it's a safety switch. But, that doesn't happen in the middle of use like yours.

😳

In a skillet??? You're also getting the order of your toppings confused; they're on top. It's right there in the name: toppings. Because that's where they belong at all times: on top! You must be from Chicago, only they are disrespectful enough regarding all things pizza to do what you are describing. 🤣

Three to five minutes at 450ºF in a toaster oven or normal oven, that's the only legal way to reheat a pizza. That is if you even need to reheat your pizza at all, as cold leftover pizza is one of life's great pleasures.

Contrary to what some philosophers have you believe, there are objective moral truths. Reheating a pizza in a skillet, especially if "topping side down" is a step in that process, is as morally objectionable as it gets. Microwaving your slice is bad enough as it is, but one wouldn't expect anything else from Cowen, so I'll turn a blind eye. But frying your pizza? Topping side down? There are no laws against such a thing (yet) simply because nobody has dared to even attempt such an atrocity and lived to tell the tale.
This is why cold pizza was invented. Saves time and zero cleanup. Unless you can't finish it. That's tomorrow's cold pizza problem. And simple solution. :joy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back