Sennheiser HD800 in the house!
Feb 13, 2009 at 11:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Todd

Headphone Vinyl Meister
Member of the Trade: TTVJ Audio
HI All,

I received the HD800 today and have been listening for a hour or so. I am so impressed. It is outstanding and well worth the money and the wait.

Initial impressions...

Huge space between instruments. Detail that is accurate and fast. Bass is so tight and realistic even a bass player would like it. Non Fatiguing. Comfortable.

Regrets...

My P1 is out on a loaner program and my 307A is out for review BUT I do have my TTVJ FET-A amp and it sounds awesome with it. I am also using a Meridian G08.2 with Cardas Golden Reference interconnects. I will be plugging mt VPI HRX in later tonight. The CD player was much more convenient and I could not wait to listen.

More impressions coming when I have had more time to listen.

Buyer beware - you may be getting more than you asked for!!!

Todd

Feb 14, 2009 at 12:25 AM Post #3 of 21
Could you add a 's' in the title after the '00'?

wink.gif

Congrats Todd. Keep us informed on your impressions.

Feb 14, 2009 at 1:36 AM Post #6 of 21
Todd, keep us posted on amp synergy; since that's the missing part of the equation. I'm particularly interested to see how it does with higher end Lux compared to the tube amp. As you are well represented on both those ends (and Stax too, for comparison), we look forward to your guidance.

Feb 14, 2009 at 6:16 AM Post #7 of 21
Todd, glad you got 'em and I hope you're blowing through your stock. I, too, would be very interested in your comparison between the HD800 and the Stax O2.

Feb 14, 2009 at 6:29 AM Post #9 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could you add a 's' in the title after the '00'?

wink.gif

I always struggle with that myself. Do you add an s or an 's or nothing at all? It would seem that s is the best answer, although 's sure looks better to me. Yet, the apostrophe represents a possessive, which is clearly incorrect (even though it still looks more appropriate IMO). Then there is the argument that since HD800 refers to a "pair" of headphones, as in one pair, there is no need for the s since the reference is to one and not two or more. But without an s or 's, it really looks odd!

Anyway, I'm glad that you like them/it, Todd.

Feb 14, 2009 at 6:41 AM Post #10 of 21
Actually, I was just hoping he was announcing lots of pairs (as in first batch) in the house.
wink.gif

Feb 14, 2009 at 6:45 AM Post #11 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, I was just hoping he was announcing lots of pairs (as in first batch) in the house.
wink.gif

Oh, I see! YA, THAT'S THE TICKET!!! Lot of HD800s (or 's or no s) so that we can all share in the listening fun! I'm all for that.

Feb 14, 2009 at 7:50 AM Post #13 of 21
Great to hear!
biggrin.gif

Impressions are always welcome...

Feb 14, 2009 at 8:34 AM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
like dates (the 1800s) it would be the HD800s.

That's what I've always figured, but HD800's sure looks better to me (even though I know it's wrong).

Feb 14, 2009 at 9:33 AM Post #15 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's what I've always figured, but HD800's sure looks better to me (even though I know it's wrong).

Yeah, for me HD800's looks more correct than HD800s. Otherwise the "s" looks like it's part of the model name, like "sport" model or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back