Shanling H5 - Portable DAC/AMP/Player, AKM AK4493S DACs and sweet warm tuning
Feb 20, 2024 at 1:56 PM Post #256 of 320
Thanks
Can you make voice call and answer in bluetooth mode or no sound when connected to phone android?
I've never tried it also because I don't use it on the go but only at home and connected to IEM... I think that @Shanling answer will come directly to you shortly...

Feb 20, 2024 at 2:31 PM Post #258 of 320
I would avoid charging it while listening to it... charge it not necessarily up to 100% and enjoy the 6/7 hours of music and then recharge it (each hour of charging will give you many hours of listening). The important thing is that the battery is not too charged or too discharged. It's the best way to preserve it. :wink:

P.S. This is what I always do with the H7 and all the other daps I own. When I don't use them for a long time I leave them with 50% battery.
Agreed. I think I remember it even being mentioned in the h5 manual not to use while charging.

Feb 21, 2024 at 12:10 AM Post #259 of 320
Hi, got the Shanling H5 recently. Amazing sound and already preferring it to the Mojo 2 and iFi Gryphon with my Arya Organic. I have a query though. Is it safe to plug in the USB power simultaneously while the device is operational? Will it harm the battery in the long run?
Yep, I haven't had any issues doing that.

Feb 21, 2024 at 1:51 AM Post #260 of 320
Agreed. I think I remember it even being mentioned in the h5 manual not to use while charging.
I actually play a lot of single player games and time passes by like nothing. I start with a full charge, play until my eyes hurt and boom, the charge is almost depleted (not a healthy addiction I guess). Battery life on BT is amazing though and honestly, probably the second or third-best BT sound I've experienced from a DAC Amp (the pinnacle being the Aroma Audio Air)

Feb 21, 2024 at 2:29 AM Post #261 of 320
The fact that it is better not to recharge the batteries while using the devices does not depend on the devices themselves (H5/H7) but on the batteries, in fact no battery likes to have a strong current absorption while receiving a charge on the other side. It goes under stress (nothing happens at the moment except heating) but this procedure repeated over time shortens its life by reducing its capacity and therefore the useful charge cycles.

Feb 21, 2024 at 1:24 PM Post #263 of 320
Es cierto, todo el bloque comienza cuando encuentra un archivo MQA, mientras tanto la operación es fluida y correcta, solo las frecuencias de muestreo que nunca indican el H5 correcto, pero puedo vivir con eso.:guiño:

Can confirm some issues with the latest release of Tidal app, our engineers are checking on it.

Hello, do you intend to fix the problem with MQA tracks on Tidal?

Because the support you offer is none, I have had the problem for 1 month and the only response I have gotten is that you are working on it.

I have daps from Fiio, Ibasso and they have no problem with the new Tidal formats (mqa/flac max) but with your device it is impossible.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2024 at 5:49 PM Post #264 of 320
The fact that it is better not to recharge the batteries while using the devices does not depend on the devices themselves (H5/H7) but on the batteries, in fact no battery likes to have a strong current absorption while receiving a charge on the other side. It goes under stress (nothing happens at the moment except heating) but this procedure repeated over time shortens its life by reducing its capacity and therefore the useful charge cycles.
Okay, welp I was doing this of charging while using the device, but now that you have mentioned this, I will stop doing it in order to not damage my H5

Feb 21, 2024 at 5:51 PM Post #265 of 320
Hello, do you intend to fix the problem with MQA tracks on Tidal?

Because the support you offer is none, I have had the problem for 1 month and the only response I have gotten is that you are working on it.

I have daps from Fiio, Ibasso and they have no problem with the new Tidal formats (mqa/flac max) but with your device it is impossible.
The only issues I had with playing MQA is that it sometimes stutters a little bit if I go from flac to an mqa song on tidal, other than that, it has been fine

Feb 21, 2024 at 5:55 PM Post #266 of 320
Okay, welp I was doing this of charging while using the device, but now that you have mentioned this, I will stop doing it in order to not damage my H5
If anything, to reduce charging times it uses a Quick Charge 3 charger, so I charge the H7 in two hours from zero to 100% (only done the first two times to reset the battery) and it has a larger battery than the H5. With just over an hour of charge, therefore, you will be able to enjoy many hours of music without any problems. When I have the H7 on charge I'm "satisfied" with listening to the excellent iBasso DC-Elite in the meantime. :wink:

Feb 21, 2024 at 7:04 PM Post #267 of 320
If anything, to reduce charging times it uses a Quick Charge 3 charger, so I charge the H7 in two hours from zero to 100% (only done the first two times to reset the battery) and it has a larger battery than the H5. With just over an hour of charge, therefore, you will be able to enjoy many hours of music without any problems. When I have the H7 on charge I'm "satisfied" with listening to the excellent iBasso DC-Elite in the meantime. :wink:
The problem is that my dongle is an Aune Yuki and when I plug in full size headphones I think the amp can't handle them and it appears to be distorting or it's just not a good synergy, I might have to try the DC-Elite in that case, the other problem is that my Focal Radiance just sound amazing on my H5, I think I'm enjoying them more from this dac/amp than my desktop set-up at home lol!

Feb 22, 2024 at 2:53 AM Post #268 of 320
The only issues I had with playing MQA is that it sometimes stutters a little bit if I go from flac to an mqa song on tidal, other than that, it has been fine

For me it directly freezes and doesn't play anything anymore. When I go from a flac track to mqa, I have to restart and go through all the outputs, but from that moment on the purple LED stays on with any track.

Feb 22, 2024 at 4:04 AM Post #269 of 320
The problem is that my dongle is an Aune Yuki and when I plug in full size headphones I think the amp can't handle them and it appears to be distorting or it's just not a good synergy, I might have to try the DC-Elite in that case, the other problem is that my Focal Radiance just sound amazing on my H5, I think I'm enjoying them more from this dac/amp than my desktop set-up at home lol!
If you like how the Yuki sounds and just need more amp power, if I were you, I'd give it a helping hand with a step-down switching power supply. You will have an increase of 30% more or less, without spending large sums. It exists under two brands PulWtop (Amazon) and Minisopuru (Aliexpress), but it has the same characteristics and the dongle must be connected to the fourth port (the one with the lightning bolt and the absorption control).

https://pulwtop.com/products/pulwto...0gbps-ports-for-imac-macbook-pro-air-ipad-xps

yuki.jpg

Feb 22, 2024 at 6:52 PM Post #270 of 320
For me it directly freezes and doesn't play anything anymore. When I go from a flac track to mqa, I have to restart and go through all the outputs, but from that moment on the purple LED stays on with any track.
I think there's a firmware update for the H5 on Shanling's website, but you need to upload it to a card and plug it to the H5, if you haven't done the upgrade you should try it out and see if it helps. I haven't done the update and it runs fine for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back