Simgot IEM discussion thread.
May 7, 2024 at 1:12 PM Post #376 of 382
Yup and timsok is home. It is ara simgot ea 1000 lovechield. It is opennes like ea 1000 with separation, resolution close to ara much closer than ea 1000 still lose to ara. Very close on tone to ara basicaly same tone same voice like ara. It is even not bright. More refinement same like ara. Utterly close overall with ara with opennes and air. It is like same driver tech.. Very od.

May 7, 2024 at 4:17 PM Post #378 of 382
I need more time with timsok it is upgrade on ea 1000 overall. In sound is some like antialiasing like realy set on target like laserlike. Ea 1000 is bloom like. Bass timsok hits harder ea 1000 softer, sound on timsok is more even not bright. It is open like ea 1000 and is warmer, refined more layered.

May 11, 2024 at 6:22 AM Post #380 of 382
I recently had the privilege to spend some time with the Simgot EA1000 as part of a tour, following are my impressions. Many thanks to Simgot and @Damz87 for making the tour happen!!

IMG_4214.jpg

The Simgot EA1000 IEM shells are rather small, with a short nozzle that doesn’t fit me particularly well. Using L size stock tips worked kinda ok, but I wasn't always getting the best seal without manually holding the IEMs in my ears. I tried around 10 other types of tips, they were all worse- JVC SpiralDot, Final E, Azla Sedna EarFit, SpinFit 145, all sealed poorly. I think this is because of the short nozzles that have a distinct bend to them; if that bend does not fit your ear properly then, like me, you may be out of luck with this IEM.

IMG_4218.jpg

Up close, the EA1000 is a pretty nice IEM...

IMG_4220.jpg

...but compared to the Dunu SA6 MkII on the left, and the 64 Audio U6t in the middle, you can see just how tiny the EA1000 actually is. The former 2 IEMs are typical sized universals that have been designed to fit the vast majority of ears, mine included.

One thing I definitely noticed during all of my tip-rolling with the EA1000 is the dynamic drivers sometimes crinkling and flexing when I put these in my ears and adjusted them. I know that many IEM makers will say that driver flex doesn’t matter and shouldn’t damage the drivers, but I then have to question how it is that so many other companies have made IEMs using dynamic drivers that don’t flex. This is always a bit of a red flag for me, and unfortunately Simgot have some work to do here to correct this.

So now the bad stuff is out of the way, I can say that when I did get a good fit with the EA1000, it’s got a nice combination of a lively, energetic tuning coupled with above-average technical performance for the $220 price point.

Bass is well controlled, and has very good quality with reasonable sub-bass depth, if lacking a bit in quantity. Bass-heads may wish to look elsewhere, however the relative restraint in the bass complements the rest of the FR very well. Midrange is “correct” with just enough emphasis in the lower mids to cast a pleasing warmth across the upper frequencies. My preference is always for more lower-mid warmth, but I think this is more in line with what the majority of listeners would prefer. It’s in the treble where I think the EA1000 really shines with a lively energetic presence that avoids any nasty peaks or harshness.

On the technical side of things, the EA1000 is a well above average performer at it’s price point. The stage image is wide with decent height, however let down a bit with somewhat flatter depth, which makes dynamics ok, but not great. It’s in the details and resolution where the EA1000 really shines. You’re getting a very clean, tight sounding performance all across the FR that lets you really focus in on whatever part of the music takes your interest. Leading edges are precise and controlled without a hint of any sibilance.

An acoustic track like Adrianne Lenker’s “Free Treasure” is a real delight with the EA1000. The finger-picked acoustic guitar to the left of stage is perfectly clear and articulate in the higher registers, while the accompanying guitar off to the right has a lovely richness in the lower mids. Adrienne’s tender vocal performance is of course excellent, and the EA1000 conveys all of the emotion perfectly.

Changing gears to Meadbodies’ “Move”, and the EA1000 is absolutely in it’s element. EA1000’s control is on display with the cacophony of the electric guitars, percussion and vocals all presented with a clarity and articulation that lets a track like this sweep the listener away on a psychedelic trip. Fun!!

And getting into some EDM, Bolis Pupul’s “Kowloon” is also a real treat. I suppose my only real gripe is that EA1000’s sub-bass doesn’t hit quite as hard as this track deserves, and leaves me wanting just a little bit more. But the detail and tactility of the synths, and especially the percussion is outstanding.

Bottom line is that the Simgot EA1000 is a pretty great IEM at its price point, but do be aware of potential fit issues.

May 17, 2024 at 1:05 AM Post #381 of 382
1000021883.jpg

Well here it is, my 20th review! This one is for the Simgot EM6L Phoenix (Head-fi and blog). I know I'm a bit late to the review train (there's already over 30 reviews here on Head-fi) but I think it's a great iem in the ~$100 price bracket and it's my favorite Simgot tuning to date.

May 17, 2024 at 11:14 PM Post #382 of 382
My pair of EA500LM arrived. Found that I liked them with the stock brass filters. At first I thought they were bass shy but a bit more listening and putting on some Grateful Dead and Phil was sounding mighty fine. Stones Exile sounded better than I remember with these. My treble response in my body is on the weaker side, but these sounded just right in the high end to me.

Full disclosure, I like the high end on my LZ A7 with the gold filters also, and some people don't like the high end on those either. Qualifying for medicare does impact one's hearing, at least in my case.

I liked the Dunu S&S eartips the best with these (but the only other higher end tips I keep around are the JVC spiral dots). My dongle source is the Cayin RU7 and it makes these sound good. Now I do spoil myself and mainly listen to hi res or SACD sources.

Anyway I am only about 2 hours into these but so far they are a winner.

Weird, but the balanced cables I ordered with these came with 2.5mm not 4.4mm, even though the Kinboofi packaging clearly states 4.4. Fortunately it is pretty easy to clear that kind of thing up with Amazon. I repurposed some cables from my spare S12s in the meantime. All is good here!

Any pointers on posts about creating custom filters for these? Anybody used filters for units like the LZ A7 on these, and thoughts on that?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back