Sound Rhyme impression thread
May 11, 2024 at 8:52 PM Post #2,491 of 2,504
I don't get it. I've owned and listened to many 1k+ and 2k+ IEMs, but the DTE900 really sticks with me as a standout among them all. The balance of technicals and tonality are at the highest level, yet here it sits in relative obscurity. I don't really understand how this brand has remained hidden in the IEM world. The performance is exceptional. And even though the DTE900 is the top model of the brand, I'm inspired to dig a little deeper into their other offerings, even at a lower price point, just to experience their other tunings.

Why hasn't this brand caught on?? I would put the DTE900 up against some of the top 2k+ models out there. It makes no sense.

May 11, 2024 at 8:56 PM Post #2,492 of 2,504
Duplicate post.

Last edited:
May 12, 2024 at 12:49 AM Post #2,493 of 2,504
SR5 up for sale, msg me!

May 12, 2024 at 7:29 AM Post #2,494 of 2,504
And even though the DTE900 is the top model of the brand, I'm inspired to dig a little deeper into their other offerings, even at a lower price point, just to experience their other tunings.
I'd like to recommend SR5 - neutral unique honey-like semi-mellow, with enough brightness sounding.

May 12, 2024 at 8:41 AM Post #2,495 of 2,504
I'd like to recommend SR5 - neutral unique honey-like semi-mellow, with enough brightness sounding.
Second the SR5, unique presentation, extended, refined treble response without odd high treble peaks or overemphasis. Pretty much what songs sound like in my head when thinking of them plus ethereal upper treble (obviously extremely subjective thus YMMV). Prefer them in most aspects over my DTE500.

May 12, 2024 at 7:55 PM Post #2,496 of 2,504
Everytime I try to use EQ for one of my In Ears I just realize that the DTE500 is super close to my preferred tuning. No other set is that close to it.

I still might try out the DTE900 somewhere down the line. Not sure if I need one. I would rather wait for a DTE1000.

May 17, 2024 at 4:00 PM Post #2,498 of 2,504
Just "upgraded" my DTE900 with an EA Cadmus X Ares 8W cable and it really beefed up the lower end. Brought more resonance to the lower mids and expanded the stage in all directions. Also corrected some tonal inaccuracies (certain vocals). I would say overall the DTE900 lost some "crispness" compared to the stock SPC cable, but gained more in the lower/middle frequencies and tonal accuracy to offset the slight loss of perceived detail and crispness. I'm going to stick with this pairing for a while before re-testing the original cable. I would say overall, this pairing is more "speaker-like" than the original. More frequencies are equally represented and there is a small effect of "room gain" that you would hear with live speakers. Very good combination, as the DTE900 with the original cable had a solid low end, but was missing some depth and overall the frequency response was tilted a bit towards the upper registers. This cable balances everything out nicely. These EA mid-range cables (Ares, Cadmus, combo 8W) are definitely worth the money.

P.S. You can't get something for nothing in terms of a cable swap. There is always a tradeoff. In the case of the DTE900 with the stock cable, there is plenty of "air to spare" in the upper frequencies. The Ares X Cadmus cable takes advantage of that by damping that air slightly, without compromising much in terms of detail or imaging, while bringing a substantial heft to the lower registers, which I think the DTE900 benefits from. So yes, the cable changes the sound profile, but in my opinion there is a significant net gain overall. And as I said, while the air and sense of space is a standout feature of the DTE900 with the stock cable, there are some soft spots in terms of tonality and lower mids/bass that could be improved. That's where the benefits of the EA cable come in. It's a worthwhile tradeoff, in my view.

Last edited:
May 17, 2024 at 4:04 PM Post #2,499 of 2,504
Which other iem Sounds like the DTE 900? i mean the Sound Profile.
Anybody who wants to sell the DTE 900 in europe can contact me.
I haven't heard a DTE900 equivalent yet. Possibly the UM Indigo or MEXT are similar, but fall behind the DTE900 in many areas. Strangely enough, the ISN Neo3 has a similar sound profile, but a flatter soundstage and less bass impact with less realism overall. But I'd say they are of the same "family" of sounds. The Neo3 is the younger brother of the DTE900.

May 17, 2024 at 4:56 PM Post #2,500 of 2,504
I haven't heard a DTE900 equivalent yet. Possibly the UM Indigo or MEXT are similar, but fall behind the DTE900 in many areas. Strangely enough, the ISN Neo3 has a similar sound profile, but a flatter soundstage and less bass impact with less realism overall. But I'd say they are of the same "family" of sounds. The Neo3 is the younger brother of the DTE900.
Interesting, but makes sense. There’s no official measurement of the Neo3 that I can find but on my makeshift rig it measures very similar to what the few graphs of the DTE900 look like. So if they share some of the same tonality, you got me interested, as I like the Neo3 a lot 🤔

May 17, 2024 at 5:07 PM Post #2,501 of 2,504

I heard DTE900 briefly and it has great and energetic sound indeed. I think its very close to the FH9 at least to my ears. They are both excellent but in my case I actually prefer SR8. I think its matter of preference of course. For me SR8 is more balanced unit but both have incredible technicalities. I am considering adding DTE900 into my collection as well.

May 17, 2024 at 5:15 PM Post #2,502 of 2,504
Interesting, but makes sense. There’s no official measurement of the Neo3 that I can find but on my makeshift rig it measures very similar to what the few graphs of the DTE900 look like. So if they share some of the same tonality, you got me interested, as I like the Neo3 a lot 🤔
Honestly if you're in the market for a $750 IEM, and you like the sound of the Neo3, then you can't go wrong with the DTE900. While similar in sound, it takes many aspects to the next level (or higher). The air, soundstage, and imaging are on a completely different level. Bass and punch are similar, but a bit better refined with the DTE900, although the Neo is no slouch with texture and depth.

Definitely one of my all time favorites and currently occupies 100% of my ear time.

May 17, 2024 at 5:21 PM Post #2,503 of 2,504
I heard DTE900 briefly and it has great and energetic sound indeed. I think its very close to the FH9 at least to my ears. They are both excellent but in my case I actually prefer SR8. I think its matter of preference of course. For me SR8 is more balanced unit but both have incredible technicalities. I am considering adding DTE900 into my collection as well.
Personal preference is a big factor. Also source quality and amp/dac chain are huge as well. I've got ~$6k sunk into my desktop system and I've compared it against many DAPs. There just is no comparison in terms of accuracy, detail, stage, and imaging. But if you're working from a certain DAP, then your tastes may vary, and the "best fit" IEM may also be different. There are many factors involved. I can only report my findings with my own setup.

May 18, 2024 at 9:44 AM Post #2,504 of 2,504
Very good combination, as the DTE900 with the original cable had a solid low end, but was missing some depth and overall the frequency response was tilted a bit towards the upper registers. This cable balances everything out nicely. These EA mid-range cables (Ares, Cadmus, combo 8W) are definitely worth the money.
My DTE500 is constantly connected to an EA Griffin cable. This entry cable alone did upgrade the DTE500 a lot because the stock cable sounded soooo boring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back