Sound Rhyme impression thread
May 1, 2024 at 2:08 PM Post #2,461 of 2,504
Gotcha. I looked into the squig graph and it seems the dte900 has more bass and treble than the sr8. I know graphs aren't everything but unfortunately there's no way to demo where I'm from. But thx for the thorough explanation, will keep looking.

For your genres the DTE900 makes more sense, I would recommend. The SR8 might be better all rounder. You wont be disappointed with any of them. Good luck

May 1, 2024 at 5:35 PM Post #2,462 of 2,504
Hi, I like to hear what y'all think which iem is a better all rounder: sr8 or dte900?

For context, I usually listen to edm, pop, rap and r&b. Also, I prefer a warm relaxing iem that I can listen to for hours at mid-high volume.

Wanting a musical experience more than an analytical one.

I love both the SR8 and the DTE900 but I prefer the DTE900 with your genres.

But I'd say the SR8 is the more relaxing listen.

May 1, 2024 at 5:41 PM Post #2,463 of 2,504
Hi, I like to hear what y'all think which iem is a better all rounder: sr8 or dte900?

For context, I usually listen to edm, pop, rap and r&b. Also, I prefer a warm relaxing iem that I can listen to for hours at mid-high volume.

Wanting a musical experience more than an analytical one.
I have both and agree with krenky on the DTE900 being the best for what you listen to, and even if you don't buy it I wouldn't go with the SR8. It's still BA bass no matter how good and it's the last thing in my collection I'd grab for hip hop / rap. The DTE900 gets most of my listening lately but I wouldn't call it relaxing per say, mind you I listen with both switches up exclusively. So maybe if you flick the treble switch down it might work. I think ToneDeafMonk even experimented with using an impedance adapter and he said it smoothed it out nicely I believe.

May 2, 2024 at 3:37 AM Post #2,466 of 2,504
I have both and agree with krenky on the DTE900 being the best for what you listen to, and even if you don't buy it I wouldn't go with the SR8. It's still BA bass no matter how good and it's the last thing in my collection I'd grab for hip hop / rap. The DTE900 gets most of my listening lately but I wouldn't call it relaxing per say, mind you I listen with both switches up exclusively. So maybe if you flick the treble switch down it might work. I think ToneDeafMonk even experimented with using an impedance adapter and he said it smoothed it out nicely I believe.
Ah ok, I also saw Akros's video on the dte900 and the adapter made the treble extension worse but having both switches on helped that issue. Also both switches on made it sound balanced according to Akros. In that case, the dte900 may not be for me since I don't like energetic iems. But thanks for the help tho

Last edited:
May 2, 2024 at 3:42 AM Post #2,468 of 2,504
Ah ok, I also saw Akros's video on the dte900 and the adapter made the treble extension worse but having both switches on helped that issue. Also both switches on made it sound balanced according to Akros. In that case, the dte900 may not be for me since I don't like energetic iems. But thanks for the help tho
They are energetic but not too much (just more energetic than the SR8), i'm really treble sensitive and with Final Audio E tips ,they are really excellent.
The two models are really great , you can't go wrong with one of them.

May 2, 2024 at 3:54 AM Post #2,469 of 2,504
How's the treble extension on the sr8? Cuz the squig graph showed the extension being lackluster. Also was there any bass bleed into the mids for the sr8?
To my ears (i suffered from Tinnitus so not the best listener:smile_phones:) the treble extension are really good and the bass doesn't bliss into the mids (i'm listening to coldwave (so the bass is really proeminent in this music and with the SR8 it sounds gorgeous))

May 2, 2024 at 3:59 AM Post #2,470 of 2,504
To my ears (i suffered from Tinnitus so not the best listener:smile_phones:) the treble extension are really good and the bass doesn't bliss into the mids (i'm listening to coldwave (so the bass is really proeminent in this music and with the SR8 it sounds gorgeous))
Oh ok, that's great to hear. Also it seems like the sr8 isn't vented like the dte900 so was there driver flex or any feeling on uncomfortableness when you listen with the sr8?

May 2, 2024 at 4:01 AM Post #2,471 of 2,504

Users who are viewing this thread

Back