Stax SR-009: Best Headphone Ever Made? - Head-Fi TV, Episode 008
Jun 28, 2011 at 1:16 PM Post #16 of 423
Jude looks like he is in love throughout the whole episode, sort of like an 18 year old telling the world he is dating a super model.

And that is what makes these episode so great, that you can see his interest and passion towards his subjects.

BTW, given the popularity in the thread, would love to have to do an episode on all those orthos, from low to high price

Jun 28, 2011 at 1:31 PM Post #18 of 423
I wonder how much joy can be had from a 2 kilobuck LCD-2/HE-500 system compared to this Stax superheavyweight...

Blasphemous thoughts, I know...

Jun 28, 2011 at 2:49 PM Post #19 of 423
Amazing episode, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Great to see all that amazing gear.

Jun 28, 2011 at 2:52 PM Post #20 of 423
Jude, this video is just plain awesome !!!
Anyone want to trade Sony Qualia for 009 ? 
o2smile.gif

Jun 28, 2011 at 3:09 PM Post #22 of 423
Just had one installed in my Veyron.  I might take it to West Coast Customs to get customized though ya know.  
Jk i would never buy a Veyron. They aren't fast enough
BTW i heard they were a pretty DETAILED headphone.  Can anyone comment on this lol.
Thanks for the review Jude.   
I would imagine a headphone so detailed would be amazing at imaging with an effortless soundstage.  With that thin of a Membrane, i am curious if that helps with separating instruments in a fast paced song with a lot of different instruments while still being able to keep them full bodied.  Actually i guess i don't have to ask considering he said "the best headphone of all time," so i would assume it can do everything.

Jun 28, 2011 at 4:30 PM Post #27 of 423
I would say 98% as much especially considering the ridiculously priced ones reviewed here. Great review but I'm not sure if I won the lottery I could bring myself to spend that much on headphones and an amp.

Quote:
I wonder how much joy can be had from a 2 kilobuck LCD-2/HE-500 system compared to this Stax superheavyweight...

Blasphemous thoughts, I know...

Jun 28, 2011 at 4:35 PM Post #28 of 423
The HD800 is worth the $1500. It has a Massive Soundstage/Headstage with fantastic treble, midrange and bass. The bass is not too much or too little. It's also textured nicely and the decay is very good on both ends. I would buy it but I can't afford it. I tried it out in B & H and I was going bonkers over the SQ.

Jun 28, 2011 at 5:13 PM Post #29 of 423
   So I had never come across this http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/220770/describing-sound-a-glossary until now,  and have only been able to envision vocabulary by picking apart the few headphones that i had by memory and put 2 and 2 together.  Now i don't have to try to describe so many things and sound like an idiot.  
   In the future i plan to make a quick thought book that will help separate the "being" of a headphone based on importance, low to high. Then i will post it on Head-fi. Obviously, as anyone who has read more than two pages on this website can tell you, everyone hears and thinks differently so my findings will be purely objective to me and complete nonsense to some(hopefully not.)
  Stax-SR009,  according to this list,  what numbers make this headphone stand out and could you maybe start in order from initial to last noted.  

Jun 28, 2011 at 5:28 PM Post #30 of 423
Jude Very interesting review, but one BIG QUESTION for A BIG PRICED HEADPHONE.... Didn't they stop production and sales of this model due to finding dust or other contaminant  in between the film and metal plates that caused major problems???  If they did as I'm pretty sure I've read, was there any truth to these complaints?   Then my next question would have to be after paying 5200 bucks for a faulty Pr. of the "BEST EVER CANS" made but with serious problems have you heard how Stax has dealt with these sad buyers or are these people waiting for theirs to be repaired????? I know I would be pretty upset if I forked over that much money with the promise of owning the "BEST" then find out that they were faulty........   To tell you the truth and I don't own any Woo products but from what I've heard from owners is that "He"(Mr.Woo) takes pretty dang gone good care of his paying, repeat buying customers........   What's the old saying, " you make one great product (even a can of beans), and you'll sell a million, One bad product will loose you a WHOLE BUNCH of sales! Any comment....thanks again for showing us your excitement with these new Headphones!  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back